Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Whats the dumbest question people ask you about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 03:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: a Buick
"Is that a race car?!" :rollseyes:

Last edited by nxttruck2002; 07-13-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 AM

Car Info: 2005 impreza 2.5rs (sliver,5 speed manual, sports
Originally Posted by I am imprezed

I have this one friend who is so ignorant about himself and "knowing all about cars" that it's just not funny any more. When ever he's around my car he is always telling me to do this and do that because you'll get better top speed and 1/4 times. Like 1/4 times are all that count's. I try to tell him "our" cars are not made solely for 1/4 drags but then he just comes back with "well why do you have AWD then"?

Ever heard of rallying? " Will do you rally?" I'm about yea close to socking him in the face......

i hear ya on that one! i think all my friends are under this spell that makes them think they know everything!!! seriously at least i'm man enought to tell them "i don't know much about ecu's or grounding wires on a 95 accord. so i can't help you" (example) but oh buddy they apparently know more about my car than i do! half of my friends don't know jack about their own cars! lol its sad! i have a buddy that drives a 06 chevy caviler...er..um.. cobalt ss S/C and (by the way i'm aware that those cars aren't even on the same chas.) he thinks that an c.a.i. will give him 35 hp!!!! are you serious? AND! this is the guy all my friends think is the mechanical genius cause he took a brake class at the community college! HAHAHA GAY!

on another note i like lesbiens! i to am one trapped in a mans body!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:32 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX Wagon/'05 WRX Sedan
Wink

[QUOTE=DelaniWRX}..."the 4runner has 245hp stock and the wrx has 227hp, so the 4runners faster right?" I replied "no duh, the 4runner is way faster."
---------
I wonder how many horses (hp) there are on a typical/standard (average) "semi truck". Cause, I swear...I've felt like my little Bugeye could take on one! (even my '05 might have a chance!).
Ever seen a semi-truck DRIFTING!!!??? (scarry!)
Maybe they're just too quick/fast for the Rex?!!!
I mean...ALL THAT HORSE POWER!!!...Oh my God!...SUCH A BEAST!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:02 AM

Question

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
It's the same story with the Neon SRT-4. (Most of) Those guys are the worst. Hell, I know SRT owners that won't even hang out with SRT owners!
-------
Yeah! What's with those Neons?! There's a guy in my neighborhood with a SRT-4 and check this out!...here's one for the "X-Files"!? He pulls over (or drives by really slowly) in front of my house when the garage is open and both my Rex's are exposed and he does the weirdest thing!?
Now it's obvious that he's got a BOV (and my guess is that he's very happy with this toy) cause he just revs the hell out of that thing!! I mean..HE REVS! and REVS! The neighbors come out to see cause it sounds like Yellowstone National Park just arrived! WOOSH!WOOSH!WOOSH!WOOSH!...I mean!...I DON"T KNOW!
Is it a "Neon thing"??!!!...MARKING TERRITORY?!
I've got two cats and they do something very similar!...Woosh here! Woosh there!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:42 AM

Cool

Last but not least. "Shopping-cart guy" at Stater's Bros" noticed when I got my second Rex (the '05 sedan) cause he popped a few comments (positive ones) before about my Bugeye. He was checking out the new Subie and said he liked the Bugeye better because it looked faster than the sedan. I thought (based on his comment) he'd noticed the upgrades on my Bugeye Wagon, compared to everything stock on my new sedan! So, out of curiousity...I asked him how he new that the Bugeye was faster?... when most of my upgrades are not obvious or at least not in plain view!
Now, let me add that my Bugeye wagon has a few "decals" that I've collected through the years.
So, back to the gentleman's comment...he said "I can tell the other car (the Bugeye) is faster just by looking at all those "stickers"!"
Hhhmmm!!...Maybe I'll just have to get me a "sticker" (decal) for the sedan that reads "THIS ONE IS FASTER"!!!...and take it to the track!
I can see how a riced up Honda can feel so cocky after having his/her brand new "PepBoys NOS sticker" installed on their beast!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I drive a 2000 2.5RS (GC). Mostly stock mind you. No swap, no nothing. Not even lowered.

So, I took it to an oil change place (this was before I started changing my own oil after this). The place had just finished changing my oil.

"What car?"
"The silver Impreza 2.5RS over there."
"*yells over at someone behind him* Hey! Get the keys for the WRX!"
"I have a WRX now?"

The most common question I get is "Is that a WRX?" A part of me feels like lying, but I always end up telling them the truth. :P

Mistaking my car for a WRX was probably the dumbest questions I've ever gotten, but man, those are nowhere as dumb as the questions you guys got. At least mine was a compliment. I guess I got lucky. =)
Old 07-13-2006, 12:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
seems like when i go to the gas stations and fill up, i get the stupid questions. first occassion- when i was filling up i regularly check my oil and the guy that works at the smog station (this is at the 76 in fremont on morwy) walks over and asks: "Is this an Sti?"

another incident was at yet another 76 in fremont off of auto mall, i once again open my hood and check my oil, then a guy next to me asked me what that silver looking bullet was. which was my BOV, and HKS. all i had to do was laugh. hahah!?!?!

-Ave
Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX 4EAT (VF34'd and FMIC'd)----sold :(
Not really a question...... more of a comment......

I lovvvvvve it how when I go to a party or a gettogether with some friends, girls ask for a ride. Make's me blush.

Then all the guys say "Oh, wait, my car's faster than his!?!?!? You can ride in mine and I'll race him"...........

I just love that.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by I am imprezed
I lovvvvvve it how when I go to a party or a gettogether with some friends, girls ask for a ride. Make's me blush.

Then all the guys say "Oh, wait, my car's faster than his!?!?!? You can ride in mine and I'll race him"...........

I just love that.

i'll be honest i've never had that asked! but then again i only have is a 05 rs but its not stock! maybe i'm just going to cry, cause the most attention i've gotten from girls is looks. my girlfriend wants my car though so i guess thats something...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRB Impreza WRX
My cousin saw my car for the first time on sunday and he asked me if it was a V8.

Also other times people say "Nice Scope you got there"...wtf submarine? =P
Old 07-14-2006, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI - Crystal Gray Metallic
Thumbs down i love my STI

"Is that your bf's car?" GAAAAHHHH

"Is that an automatic? Can you really reach the clutch pedal?" (i'm 4'11")

"When are we going out for a ride?" (like I'm really going to pick up strangers omg)

And the worst:
"OMG ARE U GONNA BE LIKE THOSE TOKYO DRIFT PPL?!?!?!"
Old 07-14-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by missnexa
"Is that your bf's car?" GAAAAHHHH

"Is that an automatic? Can you really reach the clutch pedal?" (i'm 4'11")

"When are we going out for a ride?" (like I'm really going to pick up strangers omg)

And the worst:
"OMG ARE U GONNA BE LIKE THOSE TOKYO DRIFT PPL?!?!?!"

will you marry me?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
people always ask me if my 00RS is WRX or STi...
Old 07-19-2006, 03:29 PM

There were a few guys out laying new cable yesterday and they had to dig up my front lawn.

Anyway, there were 3 or 4 of them. 2 of them were probably around my age but a few were older fellas. People that don't know much about Subarus always say the same thing.

Here's what I was asked:

1. Is it fast?

2. How much horse power does it have?

3. Does it have a turbo?

4. What's it run in the 1/4 mile?

5. I'll bet it's fun!

6. Is that the intercooler (pointing to the intercooler)?

7. Does it get good gas mileage?

8. What do you have done to it?

9. Was it expensive?

10. What size brakes are they? They're huge!

11. How are those tires in the rain and snow?

12. Does it have FWD, AWD, or RWD?

13. What's the hose by the hood scoop for? (I/C Sprayer)

14. Geez, that's a huge hood scoop. Have you ever gotten a bird stuck in it? (this is the most common question)

I don't consider them to be "dumb rednecks." They're simply just uninformed. I must say, if I wasn't a fan of STis I wouldn't have any clue what any of it was. It doesn't make them stupid. It just makes them uneducated on Subarus. These guys probably grew up on Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, etc.

For the record, my Dad thinks his stock 1989 GTA T/A can beat my STi. Now, THAT is funny!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:50 PM

Car Info: '09 MX-5, '09 IS-F
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
14. Geez, that's a huge hood scoop. Have you ever gotten a bird stuck in it? (this is the most common question)
I can forgive all the questions except for this one.

Quick Reply: Whats the dumbest question people ask you about your car?