Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Sti To Saab

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 01:39 AM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Sti To Saab

My wifie doesnt like my STI so much. I've heard SAAB and WRXs can use the same performance parts. . .SAAB owners please provide me your thoughts! Thanks much!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:45 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
from what i understand, only the 9-2x had a subaru transplant. It was basically a subaru wrx wagon with different body skin and better interior. But i know of no other collaborations between the 2. the 9-3 aero has a v6 with a single turbo, here's a little excerpt from motortrend:

"The 9-3 lineup remains underpinned by GM's Epilson platform (shared with the Cadillac BLS, Opel Vectra, and outgoing Chevrolet Malibu) and will continue to feature the sedan, SportCombi (wagon) and convertible models and will be available in 2.0T and 2.8 V-6 Aero versions, as well as a new E85 BioPower"

and apparently:

"The V-6 turbo will reportedly get a bump in horsepower and all-wheel-drive, called XWD (Cross Wheel Drive) by Saab, will also become an option. Vehicle handling has also reportedly been upgraded, but so far no details have emerged."

That should help clear things up a little, hope it helps!

Last edited by XkrazyAsianX; 01-02-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:58 AM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
from what i understand, only the 9-2x had a subaru transplant. It was basically a subaru wrx wagon with different body skin and better interior. But i know of no other collaborations between the 2. the 9-3 aero has a v6 with a single turbo, here's a little excerpt from motortrend:

"The 9-3 lineup remains underpinned by GM's Epilson platform (shared with the Cadillac BLS, Opel Vectra, and outgoing Chevrolet Malibu) and will continue to feature the sedan, SportCombi (wagon) and convertible models and will be available in 2.0T and 2.8 V-6 Aero versions, as well as a new E85 BioPower"

and apparently:

"The V-6 turbo will reportedly get a bump in horsepower and all-wheel-drive, called XWD (Cross Wheel Drive) by Saab, will also become an option. Vehicle handling has also reportedly been upgraded, but so far no details have emerged."

That should help clear things up a little, hope it helps!

Thanks bro, I appreciate it.