Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

SRT-4 people are funny

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 09:06 PM

Car Info: 05STI/05Leg
SRT-4 people are funny

I have a rex, and I dont know that much about the SRT-4, but I respect it. Its fast, and yada yada. But this on going thing about srt-4 own joom, blah, blah. Yeah it may own stock rexs on a 1/4 but have him follow us to the dirt and then some snow, which I get here monthly, lets see who ownz joo???

sorry ranting off a pic I found on srtrforeskin.com
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2004, 10:38 PM

because they're still fairly new. You don't see sti's and evo's all over the place now do u?
Old 02-04-2004, 10:41 PM

Re: SRT-4 people are funny

Originally posted by skoobywrx
Yeah it may own stock rexs on a 1/4 but have him follow us to the dirt and then some snow, which I get here monthly, lets see who ownz joo???
Now be honest, how many people actually race in dirt, gravel, or snow, aside from actual rally competitions?
Old 02-05-2004, 02:24 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon, 14 Forester XT, 96 Miata
who cares, its just a dumb neon that doesnt even have power windows in the rear. and here in san jose, everyone and their mom has an SRT-4. and many of them are all talk. for example, a co-worker of mine has one. he asked me to race him with my SE-R(before i bought my wagon) and i said ok. My 91 SE-R had i/h/e, cams, and a healthy 75 shot of nitrous. i figured it would be a close race. nope, i ate him for breakfast, lunch and, dinner. he sat at the line spinning like crazy. honestly, i only beat him by a car length. its still felt good to beat mopar's marvel of technology with my 13 year old POS
Old 02-05-2004, 06:14 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
When you roll up to an SRT-4, just roll up and down your rear windows, then point to his rear windows.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:28 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
04' SRT-4

04' WRX

Let's see who's still driving theirs in 2009 and who's turbo doesn't work anymore.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:45 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Thumbs up

That graphic is a function of immaturity. Young, immature people are able to afford a fast car and that is what you get.

I really don't understand all this hate on the SRT-4. It's a great car for the money if you like acceleration, as I think most of us here do! I was driving next to one last night and they actually sound pretty nice, too. The styling doesn't do it for me, but quite frankly, I think my WRX is only marginally more attractive. I own cars for what they can do, not the image associated with them.

Originally posted by GR8-WRX
When you roll up to an SRT-4, just roll up and down your rear windows, then point to his rear windows.
That is really funny!:banana:

edit: looks like wagon2b beat me to my point.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:20 AM

Car Info: WRB 2003 WRX
Hahahahahah U crack me up dude! nice
Old 02-05-2004, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
Originally posted by TurnWRX
Now be honest, how many people actually race in dirt, gravel, or snow, aside from actual rally competitions?
not that many but I do drive in the rain a lot. I had a 200sx and trust me FWD sucks in the wet for both accelerating and turning. That little econobox didnt have much power and wheelspin was an issue off the line and as for turning EXTREME understeer. After driving my subie, I'll never go back to FWD
Old 02-05-2004, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 2004 STi
LOL
Old 02-06-2004, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by wrxwagon2b
haha its funny how so many ppl hate on the SRT-4. We all know its a NEON in the end but have to respect its performance for the buck. We all know its a FWD car but have you noticed in the Speed TV Touring races that its FWD cars winning although they have RWD and AWD in the competition? Lets not all be bias cause we have AWD Turbo cars. The SRT-4 is Drag bred to also perform on road courses and the WRX is Rally bred to also take on the road courses. These are 2 different beast with the same purpose in the end... Beat the competition!!

With all that crap done to your car you Better win. Plus if your friend cant launch the SRT-4 right and you can launch your car right OFCOURSE you are gonna win. DAMN!! They are AE86's out there WOOPING Silvia's and RX-7's in drifting contest and thats a car damn near 2 decades old!!

Think about this... Of all the ppl that buy Performance cars how many of them take it to the track often? appox. 5 percent do and I believe its lower than that. I am going to be in the 5% when the SOLO comes around again.

Ranting off

Old 02-06-2004, 07:08 AM

Car Info: 05STI/05Leg
Re: Re: SRT-4 people are funny

Originally posted by TurnWRX

I do, I have snow, gravel, dirt, open dirt fields, and about once a week I drive on these roads. (trying to save my suspension)

When I get off these rough roads, and go on to straight pavement I think, "What other cars can do this? Dirt/snowy roads, and then hual a@@ on the pavement? EVO/ STI of course"

SRT4 nope:banana:
Old 02-06-2004, 08:46 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Seriously, I think the SRT-4 is a pretty good car for the price/performance. I think it looks ok.

I need my cars to last though. My current cars are all paid off and I won't be getting any new cars until I can save enough to pay cash for them again.

Personally, I'd never get an SRT-4 because I have doubts it will be reliable enough for me (in the long run). On the other hand, for folks who HAVE to have a new car every 2 years, the SRT-4 must look pretty good.

Quick Reply: SRT-4 people are funny