Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Saab vs Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:02 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza RS coupe
Saab vs Subaru

would you rather buy a Saab 9-X2 or a Subaru WRX? I mean they look the same interiorly. outside I think the Saab looks better.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
WRX...Love it for it's beastliness

(P.S. This is post 1,000 for me....woohoo!)
Old 04-02-2006, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 2004sti
Wrx ............
Old 04-04-2006, 08:13 AM

Car Info: WRX
immitators can not beat the originators. definately the wrx. plus, it's cheaper!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:31 PM

I hate the saabs with a passion talk about no ideas its clearly stolen from the wrx and its more expensive jsut like yanwasp said i would much rather get a wrx
Old 04-05-2006, 01:15 AM

Car Info: nothing
talk about misinformed..^^^if u knew ur **** ud understand that saab is owned by general motors and gm owns or used to own a large stake in subaru. they used the design to base a newer more luxurious looking wrx type car (boxer 4wheel drive etc.) and succeeded. many people have commented on how the car in many aspects looks better than wrx wagons, and in fact the 06 design looks like it was derived from the saabaru look. it is not an imitation, its a variation, and in case you missed the memo, most guys got their saab for a lot less than u got ur wrx. ie, 21 out the door for premium and cold packages leather seats hids etc, not to mention that it pulls more g's on the skid stock than a wrx and it has an updated interior/new style steering wheel which is linked to the sti quick ratio steering rack. but its ok if you hate saabs witha passion, its like saying you hate 2.5rs because they share your body style.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:17 AM

but if youre looking to rice your car out with a bunch of exterior parts or want the genuine jdm body, then you have your rights too, even i wanted to sell mine at one point so i could rock more fancy jdm peices...
Old 04-05-2006, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Reason why saab started selling the 92-x cheaper was because they weren't selling....

GM was supposedly going to use the B9 as a platform for a new Saab SUV....
Old 04-05-2006, 04:37 PM

true, but regardless of the "real" saab actually sucking ***, the fact of the matter is that saabaru owners dont actually own a real saab, yet they have more features, same performance or better, lower insurance etc. and were able to capitalize off of saab as a car company just not being that popular. bottom line, we score a nice looking subaru for much less $$
Old 04-05-2006, 08:47 PM

Car Info: Jaguar XJR, VW Corrado, 911 Carrera
I think the Saab looks much better than the WRX wagon but not a sedan.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:36 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
I would have bought the saab if the employee pricing deal was still going but since it isn't, it depends on how much you want to pay. Performance is same, you're basically paying for a few features. No roof rails though.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
I came very close to buying a 9-2x aero last year when they had the employee pricing and rebate deal. It looks much nicer than the Subaru, imho.
I wouldn't even think about paying sticker for one, though.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:22 PM

Car Info: Stg 3 Saab 9-3
I own a heavily modified 9-3 and I would DEFF get the WRX, all the true saab enthusiasts despise the 92x, I think its a cool idea, but it just isnt original, thats what saab is all about. Individuality-the 9-2 is completely the opposite.

but if we were debating wether to get a WRX or a Viggen, that'd be a different story.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by gmodc7
talk about misinformed..^^^if u knew ur **** ud understand that saab is owned by general motors and gm owns or used to own a large stake in subaru. they used the design to base a newer more luxurious looking wrx type car (boxer 4wheel drive etc.) and succeeded. many people have commented on how the car in many aspects looks better than wrx wagons, and in fact the 06 design looks like it was derived from the saabaru look. it is not an imitation, its a variation, and in case you missed the memo, most guys got their saab for a lot less than u got ur wrx. ie, 21 out the door for premium and cold packages leather seats hids etc, not to mention that it pulls more g's on the skid stock than a wrx and it has an updated interior/new style steering wheel which is linked to the sti quick ratio steering rack. but its ok if you hate saabs witha passion, its like saying you hate 2.5rs because they share your body style.
+1 if I were to do it all over again I'd have bought a 9-2X with all those markdowns and discounts!

You basically get a more luxurious and IMO better looking version of the WRX wagon for less $.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally Posted by Cpenning623
I own a heavily modified 9-3 and I would DEFF get the WRX, all the true saab enthusiasts despise the 92x, I think its a cool idea, but it just isnt original, thats what saab is all about. Individuality-the 9-2 is completely the opposite.

but if we were debating wether to get a WRX or a Viggen, that'd be a different story.
"True" Saab enthusiasts? What a joke. Saab is owned by GM and doesn't even have a 3 door anymore.

Quick Reply: Saab vs Subaru