Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Corvette ZR-1 'Ring times in low 7:40s, GT-R V-Spec amused

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Corvette ZR-1 'Ring times in low 7:40s, GT-R V-Spec amused

Enjoy!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/10/c...v-spec-amused/
Old 04-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
i still dont think the ZR-1 will beat the GT-R

in lap times at least....
Old 04-11-2008, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't count the corvette out yet.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Freeway flyby...

It's happened to us all...that rotten feeling in your stomach that you get when you're flat out on the freeway on a long stretch and it's just you and the guy next to you...he's pulling away and there's nothing you can do about it.

In the end, whatever the lap times are, the Vett will be able to leave that sickening feeling in the GTR drivers stomach when they meet on that lonely stretch of highway.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
It's happened to us all...that rotten feeling in your stomach that you get when you're flat out on the freeway on a long stretch and it's just you and the guy next to you...he's pulling away and there's nothing you can do about it.

In the end, whatever the lap times are, the Vett will be able to leave that sickening feeling in the GTR drivers stomach when they meet on that lonely stretch of highway.
You can also turn it around the other way once the road gets twisty.

The GT-R will leave that sickening feeling in the ZR1's stomach once the vette follows the GT-R to a lonely stretch of twisty road. While the ZR1 trys desperately to put all that torque and power down to 2 rear wheels, the GT-R lays down every single horse to the pavement through 4, every corner the gap widens, and he's pulling away and the ZR1 can't do a damn thing about it.

The ZR1 will go home with its tail between its legs, knowing he spent 40-50 grand more too.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 04-28-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Perhaps. But,...

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
You can also turn it around the other way once the road gets twisty.

The GT-R will leave that sickening feeling in the ZR1's stomach once the vette follows the GT-R to a lonely stretch of twisty road. While the ZR1 tries desperately to put all that torque and power down to 2 rear wheels, the GT-R lays down every single horse to the pavement through 4, every corner the gap widens, and he's pulling away and the ZR1 can't do a damn thing about it.

The ZR1 will go home with its tail between its legs, knowing he spent 40-50 grand more too.
I have to disagree...It's obvious the GTR has the edge in the twisties. On a closed race course the flag at the end of the course is going to dictate the winner. My money is on the GTR as long as it's not an oval course. But in the real world on the streets (street racing is bad Mmmcay) I doubt the GTR will ever get that chance to shine. I guess after the GTR driver catches up to the ZR1 at the next off ramp he can ask the driver if he'll follow him to some remote and ridiculously twisty road somewhere where he may or may not be able to stay ahead of the ZR1 (taking for granted neither is a pro-driver, it's very unlikely either driver will be willing to even come close to unleashing their cars potential when there are turns involved.) So it stands to reason that more often than not, the GTR will be owned.

I think I'd still take the GTR over the vette and just spend the extra cash I save on some aftermarket tuning.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
This thread fails... horribly...