Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

***Petition For No Front Plates ***Sign It***

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM

Car Info: Evo X MR
Exclamation ***Petition For No Front Plates ***Sign It***

I didn't know where else to post this, but I figured General made sense, since it benefits all Suby and car owners in General.

Everyone should post this on other forums too for maximum exposure.

Time to get rid of that ugly front bumper that messes up your design flow, haha.

Sign please! And pass it around to other forums...

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html
Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
yeah this will never happen.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
*breaking news*

Cops don't care about the "desisgn flow" of your car. Front plates allow cops to identify your car from either end, and makes it so that if you're caught by a red light/speed camera, they have your plate and face in the same picture.

this petition isn't going to do anything but give whatever officials read it a good laugh
Old 02-17-2008, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 2007 STI
petition isnt official. total garbage and unorganized to even get it petitoned. there about like 100 different petitions stating the same thing, sooooooooo.... no results. and never gonna get posted a bill as prop anything to get voted by the public. if you want to get this done... get into politics/
Old 02-18-2008, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
My vote is for some sexier front plates that actaully fit nicely with the front end. That way the cars could still look nice and police could still id from the front. Or just have everyone get the sun tint on the upper part of the front windshiled but put the license plate numbers on it. I'm guessing one could make the tint optional, but I would do it so I could run with no front plate.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
yeah this will never happen.
qfmft...
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
this will never happen because it has been to productive for police officers

i think the only two ways to get no front plate is to either move to a state that does not require them, or join the military and claim residence for a state that doesnt require them.
other than that, front plates will be required.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wrxneffect
My vote is for some sexier front plates that actaully fit nicely with the front end. That way the cars could still look nice and police could still id from the front. Or just have everyone get the sun tint on the upper part of the front windshiled but put the license plate numbers on it. I'm guessing one could make the tint optional, but I would do it so I could run with no front plate.
that would make registration cost a hell of a lot more because then the state would have to make two different plates for each car rather than two identical ones. It would also make ordering a replacement harder. Right now its pretty hard to screw up sending out a replacement plate since the only error you can make is the wrong numbers/letters. Add the variable of different front and rear place and that's a whole new thing the state can mess up on.

If you don't want to run a front plate then don't. Keep the plate in your car and if you get stopped say "one of the screws fell off this morning so I took off the plate so it wouldn't fall off. Getting a new screw is actually on my list of stuff to do today. I appreciate you doing your job correctly though office, its good to know there still are cops out there doing their job efficiently." and idylu get a ticket while parked...deal with it. I ran no front plate on my old car and never had a problem.

Your other option is to move to a state that doesn't require one.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

another option would be to get a vette, they never get hassled for it (yes, there is a spot for one). Drive a vette and you'll be excused of anything under 100mph it seems like
Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
I haven't had a front plate my last 3 cars:

98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
96 Eclipse GS-T

and now my favorite 03 WRX

I have never gotten crap for it or even when ive been pulled over a cop never mentioned it.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
another option would be to get a vette, they never get hassled for it (yes, there is a spot for one). Drive a vette and you'll be excused of anything under 100mph it seems like
I know a few CHP that will pull over a Vett when they see one just because its a guaranteed front plate ticket.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
My girl doesn't have a front plate on her car, and I think she's only been pulled over once for it in the last like 3 years, as long as you don't do anything stupid, cops in our area don't really care.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:47 AM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
i signed it anyway, true they will never pass it cops need every excuse to pull any performance car over. i guess they just want to get a closer look at our cool cars!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 2007 STI
if you can start a campaign it is possible. but the only people that care about this FRONT LICENSE PLATE are people who are not active in politics = no results. its actually something really small and does not matter, many states do not have front licenses plate. but yep... there were more votes towards puttin front licenses plate in the first place then opposing(political folks). sooooooooo yeah. no one is political enough to legit this into a bill to vote for
Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
You could just move to West ( By God ) Virginia ! We don't have front plates !
We always have room for a few more " good Mountaineers ".

Plus, we have some heavenly roads to drive on !

Quick Reply: ***Petition For No Front Plates ***Sign It***