Yep, my handle does have meaning...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 11:39 AM

Car Info: was 05 WRX Wagon
Sorry about the car, how you get her fixed soon. BTW, what road were you guys on last night?
Old 02-01-2004, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by zumnwrx
how do you figure????

edgar,
sometimes if the a-pillar has damage (and I'm not sure to what extent that has to be) the insurance company will total the car for liability concerns if ever you were to roll the car in the future.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally posted by mexicanpizza
I don't think the a-pillar is dented structurally......just looks like surface damage.
edgar,
Old 02-01-2004, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by mexicanpizza
I don't think the a-pillar is dented structurally......just looks like surface damage.
like I said - not sure how badly damaged it has to be so
Old 02-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
yikes.. that sux kenley, glad you are ok.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:35 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
yeah, i'm very glad that you came through that one i one piece. given the proximity of a couple of big rocks, it easily could have been a hell of a lot worse. have you had a chance to look under the car for additional damage? that fence post that got wedged under there looked like it could have banged things up pretty good. no fluid leaks as of yet?

i'd recommend not calling your insurance company over this one. you'll wind up paying more in increased premiums over the next couple of years than you'll save having them do the repairs. the best thing to do is to suck it up, and pony up the cash to fix it yourself.

Last edited by dropkick_muppet; 02-01-2004 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:45 PM

Car Info: '08 GT3/'08 Cayenne Turbo/'02 WRX Sedan/'95 E36 M3
woah.. sorry to hear about this kenley... glad you are ok tho.. there's a few good body shops up in the palo alto area.. but dunno if you are willing to come up here...
yeaman in east palo alto on bayshore road
and stanford european behind fry's in palo alto
both do excellent work..
Old 02-02-2004, 07:59 PM

Car Info: 1986 Supra
I'd also recommend Stanford European, for the quality of the work. They are not the fastest people ever, although when it comes to your car, you should get it done right.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Oh man, Kenley...

Doesn't look like it's gonna get your car totalled, but it sure is going to cost a lot in paint...

See you soon,

-Gagan
Old 02-02-2004, 09:22 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Damn that sucks, and I thought my cracked lip was bad =/

Hope everything works out.

-Zoeb
Old 02-02-2004, 10:52 PM

Car Info: '12 STI
Are you sure you didnt see a deer in your way and had to brake and swerve to avoid it but then lost control while driving up to the top of the mountain to enjoy the stars. The deer would then be at fault.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by ubercaff
Are you sure you didnt see a deer in your way and had to brake and swerve to avoid it but then lost control while driving up to the top of the mountain to enjoy the stars. The deer would then be at fault.

unfortunately, deer don't have insurance...

so, in the end, it would go against the driver.

-Gagan
Old 02-02-2004, 11:51 PM

Car Info: 04 rally blue wrx sedan
Too bad about your car man, glad your ok. Seems like alot of surface damage it's not that bad. Look on the bright side, time for a new grill, front lip, and painted sideskirts.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Yea, That was one adventure for sure....I am glad no one was hurt, but man-o-man...Poor, poor Kenley's car.....alot of the body damage where the paint is scratched, also incorporates dents thanks to those steel Barbed wire fence posts....not to mention the two phat wooden fence posts that Kenleys car came to rest on (Hi-centered). We had to Jack his car up to get them out. All in all....it could have been much worse...but it wasnt...thank god....but there is alot of unseen damage, that these pics dont show very well. Although I was happy to see that the car was OK to be driven home. But the cosmetic damage is pretty bad.

Kenley.....you know we are here for you ANYTIME, ANYDAY, for any reason.....even at 1 AM

Ubercaff.....thats a pretty good story....LOL, I wonder if Insurance would believe that.....My sister used to live in Santa Cruz...and she hit a deer on the freeway one time...smashed her frontend...and insurance covered it.....it IS possible that could have happened. Just a thought....either way....its a suXorS situation.

-Ted
Old 02-24-2004, 07:01 AM

Car Info: http://goo.gl/XpkO0b & '99 SF 'S'
Smile

I thought I'd provide an update about my car:

I took the car into Olson Brother's Body Shop in Milpitas (my wife's co-worker recommended them). I also liked the fact that they are part of the 'Certified First' Body Shop repair standards.

I brought the car in Thursday 2/12 to get an estimate. I spoke to the Assistant Manager, Luis. He is a great guy and told me that they will work with me and my insurance to get my car fixed correctly. He also gave me a tour of the facility and explained things in detail, their process, and they always bring the cars the shop at the end of the day. After that, I brought my car back the next day and they started working on it.

The next week I went back to look at their progress. They work fast, but carefully. I noticed they do remove all parts on the surround body panels where they need work (all window moldings, trim pieces, the door handles, etc.). They found more damage than the insurance underwriter found and told me they spoke to the insurance company regarding the items found. The underwriter's estimate was a little over $5000. They are going to replace the hood, the right front wheel (and tire), the bumper support, bumper cover, both fender splash shields, both foglight covers, and headlights (cuz, they can't get the right side only). The total is now over $8000. I was debating on changing the front bumper cover, but my deductible is $1000 and the replacement stock bumper cover is only $170, so I would have had to come up with the difference so I had to forgo that idea. However, I will be getting the side skirts painted to match and the foglight covers paint-matched, and a new STi hood scoop to replace the stock one. The car should be ready by the end of this week 2/27. But, we're still waiting on SubyDude for the headlights, foglight covers, and STi hoodscoop (Joseph, Gagan, I hope these are arriving soon).

Quick Reply: Yep, my handle does have meaning...