WTF... someone is jacking my money

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
WTF... someone is jacking my money

I tried to use my card over the weekend and it said the balance was zero. I was like... wtf.

So I checked the account just now and there have been MAD withdrawls that were crazy weird. Over $400 that I've found so far.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:48 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
hoyl ****
Old 06-01-2009, 04:49 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
super weak. get it reversed and file a police report. get them thrown in jail!!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
oh ****! that sucks Ray... hope you get it taken care of ASAP... freakin' scum bags!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:54 PM
General Pimpin'

on hold with bank now...

found another $400 or so but it gets refunded 2 days after withdrawl.... really weird.

people should try to steal money from people that aren't broke and jobless... wtf.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:00 PM
General Pimpin'

card number is compromised. So I have to cancel both cards then dispute every single charge.. yeah.

So no access to money for a couple weeks... yeah.

I'm on the phone on hold with the dispute folks right now.

So be careful buying isht online folks... so far it's been going on for weeks so I have to do a hugesearch.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
damn...

hey Ray... look into BofA/MBNA... i have a card from them and when I shop online, I can generate a temp number with a set limit. So if they steal that, it's okay... And the service is free!

Leo

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
card number is compromised. So I have to cancel both cards then dispute every single charge.. yeah.

So no access to money for a couple weeks... yeah.

I'm on the phone on hold with the dispute folks right now.

So be careful buying isht online folks... so far it's been going on for weeks so I have to do a hugesearch.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
I always check my account online but no one will steal from a broke college kid. It's funny my dad makes me use my card for online purchases. I see why now he's so paranoid it can happen to anyone!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
I always check my account online but no one will steal from a broke college kid. It's funny my dad makes me use my card for online purchases. I see why now he's so paranoid it can happen to anyone!
dude.... I am a broke dude. I got laid off. I can't believe I didn't notice.
I usually have a pretty dialed in number in my head on what's in the account. I mean within 10 bucks. I regulate all the spending so I have to. That's what triggered it for me. I had about $700 balance in my head and my card got declined.

So they're sending me some paperwork in the mail that should be here in 15 days. I don't know what that means but it sounds like I should get all the money back at some point. I found 2 more that I think are fraud as well but I have to run them by the wife to make sure. I'm gonna run back 6 months and figure them out. Then match up what they send me in the mail and then call back for the ones that are missed. Hopefully get all that dough back.

I can't figure out what happened. But I guess I'm a pretty high risk user because I use coffee shops for internet access all over the place and purchase a lot of things online as well as my banking online.

Friggin sucks.

So we've got to get through the next week with what money I have on me... talking under $100. Sucks. And rent is due so gonna have to pay that late. Gotta call the land lord and hope they'll cut us some slack on paying a week late.

We won't have access to the account until the new cards come in either.

Such a pain in the ***. I would hate to see what people have to go through when they loose wallets and what not. ALL their cards and isht. I'm pretty fortunate that it's just 2 cards and 2 accounts. That and my bank was pretty on it.

They called me a week ago asking about suspicious charges but I ignored it because the wife and I where on a road trip. Last time I took a road trip they called to insure it was me using the car. It looks like I should have picked up that call. Could have caught this sooner. I love my bank.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
dude.... I am a broke dude. I got laid off. I can't believe I didn't notice.
I usually have a pretty dialed in number in my head on what's in the account. I mean within 10 bucks. I regulate all the spending so I have to. That's what triggered it for me. I had about $700 balance in my head and my card got declined.

So they're sending me some paperwork in the mail that should be here in 15 days. I don't know what that means but it sounds like I should get all the money back at some point. I found 2 more that I think are fraud as well but I have to run them by the wife to make sure. I'm gonna run back 6 months and figure them out. Then match up what they send me in the mail and then call back for the ones that are missed. Hopefully get all that dough back.

I can't figure out what happened. But I guess I'm a pretty high risk user because I use coffee shops for internet access all over the place and purchase a lot of things online as well as my banking online.

Friggin sucks.

So we've got to get through the next week with what money I have on me... talking under $100. Sucks. And rent is due so gonna have to pay that late. Gotta call the land lord and hope they'll cut us some slack on paying a week late.

We won't have access to the account until the new cards come in either.

Such a pain in the ***. I would hate to see what people have to go through when they loose wallets and what not. ALL their cards and isht. I'm pretty fortunate that it's just 2 cards and 2 accounts. That and my bank was pretty on it.

They called me a week ago asking about suspicious charges but I ignored it because the wife and I where on a road trip. Last time I took a road trip they called to insure it was me using the car. It looks like I should have picked up that call. Could have caught this sooner. I love my bank.
always answer calls from the bank or your CC company. they'll ask you to verify info first but before you give something out, make sure it's them by having them verify who they are as well.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by yayitzian
always answer calls from the bank or your CC company. they'll ask you to verify info first but before you give something out, make sure it's them by having them verify who they are as well.
I usually tell them, "Okay, I'll call the 800 number on the back of my card to make sure it's actually you."
Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Happened to me too about a year ago or less. I was like WTF! Thankfully bank reimbursed all of them. They did call me a day after they were processed.

Someone made fake checks. Now I'm all paper less. Don't use ATM or debit card. I either use cash, online banking and billing, or a credit card independent from my bank accounts.

You may want to get credit check. I pay monthly credit report monitering as well. So, far no more ID theft. Also, make a police report. At least report to government and activiate credit alert.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:29 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
For online purchases, BofA can generate a temp CC number and that's all that can be charged, so there can be nothing else...it's not too bad if you are purchasing stuff from smaller sites.

I also have a CC from a credit union with a $400 limit...might be $500, anyways, they try and raise the limit every Christmas and I have to call and lower it again, but it's not too bad either, no huge withdraws and the CU calls me if I make more than 3 charges a month.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
**** Ray, sorry to hear
Old 06-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
That hella suck :/ I know all to well what id theft can do to your life cus i got taken really hard back in 2003. I got mugged and they got everything from me cus i had my life in my purse at the time.. They even tried to break in my house since they knew my address and had my house keys but i had already changed the locks and they tried to steal my car but i had already changed the locks on that as well. They did go and buy a bmw in my name and a house.. i guess 2 people got caught of the 4 that were using my info. If you do a credit check on me they even changed my bday to a different month and year. Basically they did a HUGE number on me.

Last edited by Gibz; 06-01-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Quick Reply: WTF... someone is jacking my money