wtf puerto rico beats usa in basketball

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 06:33 PM

Car Info: 2001 impreza 2.5rs
wtf puerto rico beats usa in basketball

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5714961/

With allen iverson, tim duncan and james lebron and they could not beat puerto rico in the olympics. wtf!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by imprezapilot

With allen iverson, tim duncan and james lebron and they could not beat puerto rico in the olympics. wtf!
Not only did they lose, but they got SPANKED! It was pretty sad to watch.

-Chris
Old 08-15-2004, 07:20 PM

Car Info: iono nemore
maybe the us team lacks heart? maybe some of the players are doing it just for the money and not for the love of the game? Just a thought.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Yah all those pros are retarded dickwads, like most pro-athletes. They should be kept out of the Olympics and real amateur athletes with heart should go, even if we lose.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:47 PM

perhaps next time, instead of picking the best players, they should setup the best team. I saw the first half, and not one US player could hit any kind of jumper.....sad
Old 08-15-2004, 07:51 PM

best players? No. I would venture to say that we sent our B team all-stars (with the exception of duncan and possibly iverson). If we sent our A team all-stars (kobe, mcgrady, duncan, shaq, garnet, etc) we would own. Unfortunately many of them don't want to play They wouldn't make the best "team players" but they would certainly get the job done.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Haha, pretty sad.

Finals of any pro sports in US, (base, basket or football) they are always refered to as the "World Series" and the winners "World Champions" etc. Thats sad.

Pretty snobby if you ask me, when US baseball team did not ever qualify for the O-games and US basketball team got their *** handed twice already. By Italy and by Purto Rico. I am sure that US team will not only NOT win the gold medal this year, they will just get spanked by pretty much everyone.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:06 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
I pretty much predicted awhile back that this team won't win the Gold. The rest of the world has been catching up through the years. What more now with their dismal play today.That guy Carlos Arroyo was just owning the whole team.
As much as I love hoops,most pros nowadays are whinny pre-madonnas always wanting more money,selfish,i.e. Iverson.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Admin v2.0

I don't think that "the rest of the world was catching up". I think that the rest of the world is constantly improving, while NBA players are stuck. They are good, but they dedicate too much time to celebrity drama .

That is why the players that play for NBA outside the US are so good in NBA these days.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:56 PM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
Originally Posted by imprezapilot

i think they lost because people call lebron james, james lebron. its throwing off his game.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:24 AM
VIP Member

There are several things that contributed to their lose. First, Puerto Rico shot 50% from the three-point line, while the U.S. only shot 20%. This U.S. team is not a shooting team. Not one person on that team can hit the outside jumper. Even at the end of the game when they interview Iverson, he said that this team likes to take it inside to get the easy baskets. Second, most of the other countries like Puerto Rico play "basketball". The NBA plays this one on one garbage. Thats why the scores of the games have been so low in the NBA. They don't pass or shoot, they give it to one person to drive it in and dunk. Finally, a lot of the players from the NBA go and play for their countries. So many of the opponents of the U.S. are NBA players. Unfortunately, I don't think that this U.S. will win a gold medal this Olympics. I want the dream team back!
Old 08-16-2004, 01:44 AM
Admin v2.0

Those players from outside the US that play in the NBA are probably the best players in the world. I am pretty sure that if they were to make a foreign NBA dream team and have it play againts US NBA dream team, the foreigners will win.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:17 AM

Car Info: Its a gross polluter : (
thats what happens when you create a team full of glory hogs...haha.
to much focus on looking good instead of playing good. maybe they learned a well deserved lesson there is no "I" in team.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:34 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
there are many problems. but the main problem is the NBA is just trying to sell jersey's. they arent about winning the gold. If they were they woulda asked Michael Redd and Wesley Person to join the team. guys who can stroke the 3. but since their olympic jerseys wouldnt sell, the nba left them off
Old 08-16-2004, 08:20 AM

^^^ yup. they had a chance right before the Oympics to make roster changes. They should have dumped one of the many small forwards and add redd, eddie, persons or brent barry.

I think we'll still medal, but what color is up to them.

Quick Reply: wtf puerto rico beats usa in basketball