VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
at s-squared, maybe?
Old 08-05-2003, 03:19 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
Originally posted by sonicsuby
Negative, ghost rider.

If it's totaled I *might* actually see what they can do for me on an.....STi

Well I was going to say that but you said you're losing your job I guess you got something better lined up?
Old 08-05-2003, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by bemani
Well I was going to say that but you said you're losing your job I guess you got something better lined up?
It's WAY up in the air right now. I'd say like 60% not, 40% I am losing the job. Only time shall tell
Old 08-05-2003, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
They wont total it for only $9000. Dru's car was way worse and they didnt total that. Some bodyshops will "total" the car for you if you are in good with them. unfortunately you already got a quote and pix at the accident scene.

and definately use the rental car for vegas. Thats whut i did when my car was in the shop. used the rental car for my vacation.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

yeah it sounds like they'll be repairing it.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:14 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
you have to be careful, i remember them asking me if i was going to take the car out of state. i don't know how big of a deal that is. i only got $20 per day on my rental car from the ins company, and that put me right in a goddam toyota echo, which btw is below a neon.

be sure to keep hounding the ins company and the body shop to be sure your isht gets done in time. if not, you'll be the one paying out the *** for extra rental car time not them. trust me i know from experience.

i have gone through the exact same thing, so be sure to pay attention and ask lots of questions when talking to the ins company, the chp, and whoever else you deal with. be careful if they try to give you a point for this. if you're over 25 it won't be as bad, but once you get 2 points, your ins rates will more than double. so don't be afraid to contact a lawyer if you feel that you aren't being treated fairly. i wish i had. they will just stick you with the point too if you don't ask. you'll look at your next ins bill and be like WTF?!?! why are my rates up 30%. then they'll be like, "oh you have a point on your record."

especially with the fact that the truck driver said he DROVE INTO YOU, you definitely have an argument, and should not allow them to give you a point.

let us know how this unfolds and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:16 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
if not, I have 400 lbs gorillas around the shop that are pretty good with a baseball bat
Old 08-05-2003, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Good advice, Steppin.

Well, I filed the claim and I'll have to wait and see what they do once they get the police report. This sucks.

I kind of wish they would total it so I would have a few options open..I've had this car for so little time it wouldn't be hard to move to a new one.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:32 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Scott@S-Squared
if not, I have 400 lbs gorillas around the shop that are pretty good with a baseball bat
heh..

I asked the guy at the shop..I was like "could we make it a total??"
Old 08-05-2003, 04:33 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
remember, ask them before they do the work if you can order other then factory body parts
Old 08-05-2003, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

oh, and it looks like I'll be crusing a pimp *** Toyota Corolla. Rolling grandma style to Vegas, baby!
Old 08-05-2003, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

remember, ask them before they do the work if you can order other then factory body parts
I'm going in tomorrow to go over the estimate with them. I highly doubt they'll let me do it - honestly if I do get my car back I think I want to leave it stock.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
LOL! that'l do the trick

good luck sonicsuby
Old 08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

****! My rates will go up by almost $600 a year May be time to switch ins companies.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
Originally posted by sonicsuby
I'm still pissed though - I hate semi-drivers. They think they own the ****ing road. They see you and pull in front of you anyway figuring you'll stop. They suck so bad.
I feel bad about what happened to your car, but I have to defend the semis and other large vehicles. As I am both a commercial driver and the spaztic driver of a WRX I know both sides of these stories.

Since we all have relatively fast cars, I dont need to go into detail about how fun it is to be able to pass a truck while cornering on an on-ramp.

As far as it goes for the trucks/buses (I have driven them both) If they are in a curve and have decided to merge or change lanes then see you in their mirrors, they usually wont move back. In fact, the attempt to move back will more likely cause more problems than causing you to rear-end them. You said it was a semi....so if I were driving it, and I merged infront of someone in a curve....SOL I caused a rear-ender....but that sure beats the hell out of a dumped tractor and trailer, or a jacknife (which would have caused more than a crumpled hood if he went sideways - whick is extremely easy to do in a truck).

Once committed a commercial vehicle can't really correct...

Not trying to downplay your situation and he's an *** if he merged ater he saw you and deserves to be beaten about the head with a tire buddy if he did it on purpose, if not....good thing you were insured.

And here is a safety message for you all.....

Following distance = 3 seconds - or- 1 second per 10' of vehicle length plus 1 second for speeds over 45.

I am usually in a 40' bus so that means I follow at a minimum of 4 seconds on dry roads....freeway = 5 seconds minimum.

Last edited by robb; 08-05-2003 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Wrecked :(