Work making me take vacation, where do I go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 RS, Subrosa Letum
Work making me take vacation, where do I go?

I was just informed by the HR department that I have 120+ hours of vacation time saved. They told me that I cannot get any more unless I take at least 2 weeks off from work.

So now that I am forced to not work, I need to get some suggestions on where to go. It can be anywhere in the world. I have never taken a vacation in my entire life except for the family reunion in Kansas but I don't think that counts.

Anywhere, because now it seems I have the time and the money.

Suggestions?
Old 09-28-2004, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Personally one of my "local" Fav's is Maui....I just got back from there last week, ahhhh, I wish I could go back.

Second choice, for me, would be Amsterdam....I was there in April....and ohhhhh, man.....I will definitely be going back there again as soon as I can, talk about a blast!

If you like to party alot, I would go to Ibiza, off the coast of Spain....24/7 parties, and er....other stuff I heard Brazil is a pretty sweet place to go to as well...they know how to party down there.

I also have been wanting to go to Austrailia...that place is sweet from what I have heard.

American Samoa is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous, the most beautiful Islands on earth, or so I have heard....I will go there one day too.

Well, I could go on and on, about places I'd visit......hope these help....if you go to one of the above mentioned places.....can I squeeze into your suitcase? PLLLEEEEAAAASE?

-Ted
Old 09-28-2004, 12:28 PM

Heh, I have had a blast in my traveling, although I am partial to the UK/spain/portugal. Hell, right now im thinking bout flying out to Tokyo for my B-day because flights are so decent.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Thailand.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:40 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
i'll take some of your vacation time, if you still want to work ...go to maui, hawaii, japan or good ol las vegas or take a road trip and see where it takes you
Old 09-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Croatia x 1000

Here are the pics for proof that its the best place ever (and cheap!!)

http://www.peanutskillme.com/croatia.htm
Old 09-28-2004, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Originally Posted by JohnQGearhead
I was just informed by the HR department that I have 120+ hours of vacation time saved. They told me that I cannot get any more unless I take at least 2 weeks off from work.

So now that I am forced to not work, I need to get some suggestions on where to go. It can be anywhere in the world. I have never taken a vacation in my entire life except for the family reunion in Kansas but I don't think that counts.

Anywhere, because now it seems I have the time and the money.

Suggestions?
WOW!!, I wish I could be in the same situation as you but I'm stuck at school and working. Now's the time to go and do something you'll remember for the rest of your life. I'd reccomend maybe some where in the Malaysian islands or Phillipines. Also, another place could be the island of Gozo, its in the Mediterranean sea and my friend just went there in summer. According to him they have warm weather and beaches plus good clubs. In addition he said tons of people over there have modified turbo cars and legal races are the norm plus cops dont care. He told me he saw a red Ferrari burn out in front of a police station and the guards just waved.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Holland was the best time ever... don't goto Italy.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Italy sucks. Out of the 9 countries I went to on my trip, Italy was the worst. (And I went to Bosnia, and Poland!)

Quick Reply: Work making me take vacation, where do I go?