Why do people...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Why do people...

Say really awful things to one another online, things that would normally start a physical fight in real life if said to someone face to face, but when they are confronted or questioned about it in real life they act like the biggest vag's ever?

I can't believe what immature tools some of the mazda speed guys are on their little forum. Hell, I know a lot of people in BAIC that do the same thing, but the mazda guys are UNREAL!

I don't want to go into details just in case I'm not supposed to say anything, but if you know what I'm talking about and it's ok to share, please fill us all in and link us to the said flaming via mazda forums.

Sorry for the vagueness, but if you post in BAIC you def know some of these type of tools, but BAIC is like 10000x better then the immature mazdaspeed 3 owners forum!

Key words: Mazda forums + south park cartoon + cobb =
Old 08-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
yeah everyone wants to be a thug online.
It's when you meet them in person and confront them about it..
Old 08-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
unless you're an icy hot stunna
Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
meh, I do it all the time but I have a thick skin. I hang out a lot on the pirate4x4 forum, if you don't have a thick skin there, your going to be butthurt a lot.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:13 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Why do people talk **** online? Simple answer: Because they know they can't get punched in the face thru a computer screen.

I also think it's funny when the same people who talk **** online, try to avoid making eye contact with you when they see you in person.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Lurk
Why do people talk **** online? Simple answer: Because they know they can't get punched in the face thru a computer screen.

I also think it's funny when the same people who talk **** online, try to avoid making eye contact with you when they see you in person.
Dude, TELL ME ABOUT IT! I get that ALL THE TIME. They talk a bunch of crap to me and avoid me like the PLAGUE when I'm there in person.

The type of people who got picked on when they were younger and it's the only way they can get people back without getting hurt in real life. It's pretty funny actually and I kinda get a kick out of it.

Especially when people think I'm some small asian guy due to my screen name, only to find out that I'm an ogre.

Actually, I can prolly count on that happening tonight at cafe zen, I'll try to video tape it if I can.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 07 STi, 02 F150-FX4, 04 ZX-636, 07 990 SuperDuke
People are antisocial online and need to prove something. Being disconnected from society and the social interaction with other people causes them to try to be the biggest, baddest e-thug around. It's amazing how two sided certain people are from when they're behind their computer and in person.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
in for the link...i did a small search couldnt find anythign
Old 08-12-2009, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
Dude, TELL ME ABOUT IT! I get that ALL THE TIME. They talk a bunch of crap to me and avoid me like the PLAGUE when I'm there in person.

The type of people who got picked on when they were younger and it's the only way they can get people back without getting hurt in real life. It's pretty funny actually and I kinda get a kick out of it.

Especially when people think I'm some small asian guy due to my screen name, only to find out that I'm an ogre.

Actually, I can prolly count on that happening tonight at cafe zen, I'll try to video tape it if I can.
Dude, people don't make eye contact with you because they don't want their neck to cramp up! Didn't we have a similar conversation last night though? I forget what conclusion we reached.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Old 08-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by brucelee
Say really awful things to one another online, things that would normally start a physical fight in real life if said to someone face to face, but when they are confronted or questioned about it in real life they act like the biggest vag's ever?
Studied that, and it has to do with actually seeing a person's face. This same thing occurs when driving. When people are driving and have to wait in long lines before the Toll Plaza or there is traffic in general, most people tend to get irritated (if they're by themselves) a lot more than when they have their friends and family in the car with them. I guess people tend to view as objects instead of humanly emotions.

The opposite happens when you are able to act with emotion and facial/body expressions. For instance, when you're standing in line at a grocery store and the line is taking extremely long, people get irritated. They don't really yell at one another and no one tries to cut in front of another person. They're mostly upset about the long wait. People don't have patience.

Third thing is that people usually don't like change, especially new ideas that people think are insane =). I get that a lot and therefore people hate on me. Learn to turn with the blows, it's just the internet... (until someone matches cars/id's and someone's car gets keyed)
Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51

T.I. wrote a song on this very subject!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
yes, pirate is brutal. bunch of 4x4 meatheads (i count as one with my old 2001 gmc lifted to the sky) argueing about chevy vs ford, etc. but worth it due to the ton of info....

it has been interesting watch forums grow over the years. i have realized the group here is more mello, probably because we have all put faces to people, and we are just a GOOD group of people.

people who hide behind the internet tend to be young and inexperienced in life. those of us who have been around longer than 30 years will understrand (although i am NOT mature). i thought i knew everything as was invinsible until right about 30. i have plenty of 25yo friends who will fight at the drop of hat. a few times of getting your butt handed to you by a 5'4" dude who knows martial arts, and you might not be so quick to mouth off at someone you are unfamiliar with. it is part of learning what life and yourself are all about.

with that being said i have seen plenty of OLD adults pulling the same chinanigans. i think these people are just social idiots. trying to be someone or something they arent. anyone watch the X games? that noname dude who had some super *****en secret moto jump. well, he went off the ramp 2 times and did NOTHING. imagine facing all the people he told he was going to be on xgames. fool whos lies and talk got him into deep. i watch it all day long on motos, cars, skis, etc.....

i bet whomever is mouthing off on any forum would super surprized to see that dude whow up at his house to discuss the situation face to face. i know i have had access to IP-to-physical address access in my past life. its possible, and i am just waiting for the day it happens (if it already hasnt)

anyway, yelling online is like yelling with no air in your lungs....

josh
Old 08-12-2009, 02:35 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by josh
yes, pirate is brutal. bunch of 4x4 meatheads (i count as one with my old 2001 gmc lifted to the sky) argueing about chevy vs ford, etc. but worth it due to the ton of info....

it has been interesting watch forums grow over the years. i have realized the group here is more mello, probably because we have all put faces to people, and we are just a GOOD group of people.

people who hide behind the internet tend to be young and inexperienced in life. those of us who have been around longer than 30 years will understrand (although i am NOT mature). i thought i knew everything as was invinsible until right about 30. i have plenty of 25yo friends who will fight at the drop of hat. a few times of getting your butt handed to you by a 5'4" dude who knows martial arts, and you might not be so quick to mouth off at someone you are unfamiliar with. it is part of learning what life and yourself are all about.

with that being said i have seen plenty of OLD adults pulling the same chinanigans. i think these people are just social idiots. trying to be someone or something they arent. anyone watch the X games? that noname dude who had some super *****en secret moto jump. well, he went off the ramp 2 times and did NOTHING. imagine facing all the people he told he was going to be on xgames. fool whos lies and talk got him into deep. i watch it all day long on motos, cars, skis, etc.....

i bet whomever is mouthing off on any forum would super surprized to see that dude whow up at his house to discuss the situation face to face. i know i have had access to IP-to-physical address access in my past life. its possible, and i am just waiting for the day it happens (if it already hasnt)

anyway, yelling online is like yelling with no air in your lungs....

josh
Ive met a ton of the guys and gals from pirates, I will say this, they are a stand up group. You need help, your stuck, one post on pirates and suddenly people are driving from 2 states away to come help you.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I forgot to add one more thing. People are a lot more truthful through IMs, forums, and texts rather than in person. It has to do with the body expressions and being polite. No one is this rude in person.

Quick Reply: Why do people...