Why DMV sucks..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:43 PM

Car Info: sc300
Why DMV sucks..

I went to dmv today to renew my lisence.. The wait was the best part. Sat around looking at hot girls (los gatos dmv) and took 2 cig breaks. Then my number finally gets called as this HOT A$$ milf comes in, just my luck. This is where the fun begins. I walk up to the counter and tell the guy I need to renew my lisence and hand him my papers. Then he fills something out wrong and I have to fill out another form. I go back to the counter and he tells me I have to get another number. I said, "no." For some reason he didnt understand that I don't feel like waiting another 3 hours. Then his boss comes up to me and I convince him to have me not wait again. Then we go to take my picture and the same idiot decides some other guys picture needs to be on my lisence so he takes a pic of him instead. Then I go back to the counter like what the hell and he was like "I told you to follow me, are you stupid?" I was like let me talk to your boss again crackhead. Then I told his boss that they need to not hire people that can't remember a face on the long walk from his desk to the camera. Then he gave his boss the same face that disappointed retarded kids make when they get their balloon taken away from them. I started bustin up laughin and his boss was holding it in so hard. Now I have to come AGAIN tomorrow to take my picture.. I get to cut in line this time tho..

I hate going to the dmv.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
I like the description of the retarded face. Makes me think of that South Park episode where Cartman (sp?) invents a retarded looking face to get into the special olympics. Good stuff, good stuff.

-Chris
Old 05-11-2004, 05:05 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I like the description of the retarded face. Makes me think of that South Park episode where Cartman (sp?) invents a retarded looking face to get into the special olympics. Good stuff, good stuff.

-Chris
i remember that one, good isht!!!

as for the dmv folks, i have no idea what kind of qualifiers they use in their hiring process.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:28 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Some people can tell stories, and some cant. Nice story
Old 05-11-2004, 05:34 PM

Car Info: my 02 Wrx > STi = G35
yes, a funny story. why do you have to go back tomorrow? why can't they take the right picture with the right license today?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
That's why I don't go to the DMV. Get the renewal notice, file by mail. Registration? Over the web. DMV is so full of idiots I can't stand it.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:07 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

and get this... if you wanna renew anything via the web, they charge you a $4 "convenience" fee!

are they insane? i'm essentially paying $4 to do their job...

plus, did you know, in sacratomato, across the street from the capitol building, the politicians have their own DMW office with 2 full time workers and only they can use it????????

waste, if you ask me...
Old 05-11-2004, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
sacratomato? hehehe
Old 05-11-2004, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I just make my own Driver's License at home.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 05-11-2004, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
That's why I don't go to the DMV. Get the renewal notice, file by mail. Registration? Over the web. DMV is so full of idiots I can't stand it.
Exaclty what i did. that's the only good idea DMV has thought of btw.

Another reason DMV blows is the fact you can make an appointment for a set time via internet and they give you an "appointment #" wtf is that crap?!

I once waited the same amount of time (2hrs) with an appointment as those 'wal-in's' that entered the DMV the time i did without an appointment.

Also, why does the DMV look like it's from some nasty customs station out of an old movie?! All i see are POS fans for an AC...I'm suprised there aren't cages of chickens and vendors inside.

Last edited by Salty; 05-11-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I have no choice. I have to go in to pick up my new plates. I got my notice Saturday and I went online to make an appointment Sunday. The soonest appt. they have is in 3 weeks. I guess I'll just go wait wait for 2 hours in order for the DMV clerk to open a drawer and hand me my plates.

And to make things even more fun, my bank lost my VLF refund check so I have to ask the DMV to cancel the first one and issue me another. Any takers on how long that will take them?
Old 05-11-2004, 07:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Egan
And to make things even more fun, my bank lost my VLF refund check so I have to ask the DMV to cancel the first one and issue me another. Any takers on how long that will take them?
mike, you know it can't be that simple...
Old 05-11-2004, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
That money is lost 4eVAR.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 05-11-2004, 09:57 PM

Car Info: sc300
i tried to renew it by mail but it said if you have a moving violation you cant do it by mail. my moving violation is passing in a 2 way turning lane, when in fact a mack truck was merging into me so i was avoiding a damn accident. the only thing i hate more than dmv workers is cops. just now on the way home i got followed by a cop on winchester in los gatos.. 35 zone i was goin 35. i could clearly see that fatarse gun that they carry around (i dont know anything about guns except it hurts when you get shot). he was tailing me so hard i decided to take matters into my own hands because if a squirrel jumped out and i hit the brakes he would rear end me, so i decided to drive 25 instead. then he backed off but i kept goin 25 cuz i felt like bein a dick.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by Egan
I have no choice. I have to go in to pick up my new plates. I got my notice Saturday and I went online to make an appointment Sunday. The soonest appt. they have is in 3 weeks. I guess I'll just go wait wait for 2 hours in order for the DMV clerk to open a drawer and hand me my plates.

Why can't they mail em to you? They mailed me my new plates

Quick Reply: Why DMV sucks..