Who wants an AWD Warning Sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
heh, okay then, just seems odd to me since if your getting your car towed you would already be ordering a flatbed. So the only real practical use for these would be if you were actually planing on doing alot of illegal parking and knew your car would sooner or later get towed while you werent around.

Soory, Im not trying to be a hater here, I actually really wanted to know if these were for novelty or if you guys really do enough illegal parking that you expect your car will get towed someday??
Old 05-03-2006, 12:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally Posted by Krinkov
heh, okay then, just seems odd to me since if your getting your car towed you would already be ordering a flatbed. So the only real practical use for these would be if you were actually planing on doing alot of illegal parking and knew your car would sooner or later get towed while you werent around.

Soory, Im not trying to be a hater here, I actually really wanted to know if these were for novelty or if you guys really do enough illegal parking that you expect your car will get towed someday??
what if someone you let borrow your car that is uneducated in the technique that should be used to tow your car in an emergency?? haha, i dunno.. just makin reasons :P
Old 05-03-2006, 01:00 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
It's just another sticker so we can brag about the beauty of AWD
Old 05-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I've never had my car towed... but you never know when you might get towed if you park in a questionable spot in the city or something... I've seen my friends get towed (like at the rim of the world rally)... I've parked along side Mt Hamilton Road and have been almost towed while hiking... the only "no parking" sign was like a mile away... Lame.

So yeah... better be safe than sorry.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: a Ford

Also it can be carelessness. In a city like SF, there are many streets where there is prohibited parking wehre they will tow your car if you park after a certain time. For example, I see cars towed everyday on Franklin st. Between Fell and Pacific. People make mistakes
Old 05-03-2006, 01:02 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
I know people that have been towed for having their bumper extend no more than 2" into somebodys driveway. It sucks, but life happens
Old 05-03-2006, 01:03 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
I've never had my car towed... but you never know when you might get towed if you park in a questionable spot in the city or something... I've seen my friends get towed (like at the rim of the world rally)... I've parked along side Mt Hamilton Road and have been almost towed while hiking... the only "no parking" sign was like a mile away... Lame.

So yeah... better be safe than sorry.
As for Hammy, I may be there and bring some up. I havent gone to a hammy meet yet. Haha and i've been around since '01
Old 05-03-2006, 01:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally Posted by hokusai
Also it can be carelessness. In a city like SF, there are many streets where there is prohibited parking wehre they will tow your car if you park after a certain time. For example, I see cars towed everyday on Franklin st. Between Fell and Pacific. People make mistakes
forreal though.. when i went to academy of art... there was this spot parking until 2pm, i got back to my car at 2:02 and there was a tow truck about to tow my shiet.. dont think i hopped in my car and bounced so fast in my life.. haha
Old 05-03-2006, 01:18 AM

Car Info: My Car
which side is the sticky part on? front or back of the sticker?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:30 AM
VIP Member

It's on the back. So you mount it on the outside of your windshield. I would have ordered the print on sticky side up but it would have cost a fortune to produce.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:11 AM

you know the reason this is all sticking out in my head right no is that about 2 hours ago, no BS, an Outback just got towed out of a parking space in front of my place here in SF. On two wheels!

only saw the guy hooking up a car and didnt even realize it was an outback till after he was heading down the street, I would have said something if I put it together in time. From what I saw I honestly dont think the driver would have looked for or cared about an AWD sticker on the windshield. Would like to know exactly how liable a tow truck company is for this if your getting towed for parking illegaly, whoever has that Leg is probably screwed now
Old 05-03-2006, 02:12 AM
VIP Member

I also finished an EVO version. However, it hasn't been sent to the printers yet.
Here's a low res copy:
Attached Thumbnails Who wants an AWD Warning Sticker?-evo-awd-warning-sticker2.jpg  
Old 05-03-2006, 02:16 AM
VIP Member

you know the reason this is all sticking out in my head right no is that about 2 hours ago, no BS, an Outback just got towed out of a parking space in front of my place here in SF. On two wheels!

only saw the guy hooking up a car and didnt even realize it was an outback till after he was heading down the street, I would have said something if I put it together in time. From what I saw I honestly dont think the driver would have looked for or cared about an AWD sticker on the windshield. Would like to know exactly how liable a tow truck company is for this if your getting towed for parking illegaly, whoever has that Leg is probably screwed now
I'm not sure of a tow truck drivers procedure, but i would think that they would document the VIN and the plates first befire they tow. So it may or may not help if the sticker is right above the VIN. I guess it all depends on the driver. I want to ask one to see if they would care or not. I'll find out.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:25 AM

yeah Im gonna check that out to now that I live in the citay. Maybe I should just put one of those stickers at every corner of my car
Old 05-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
As for Hammy, I may be there and bring some up. I havent gone to a hammy meet yet. Haha and i've been around since '01

Sacralige!

Quick Reply: Who wants an AWD Warning Sticker?