who was at tahoe this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally posted by PaulC
I was at the 'wood too. Great conditions on Sunday, but I was with a novice boarder and barely went to the top at all.

Got turned away from the backside both days!

Lookin like it's gonna be a great season.
That's crazy! The backside was going off! I think what happend was the lift got stuck for like an hour or something. We hit it before lunch for one run and then came back after lunch and it was pretty empty...we were wondering what the hell happend! Then later some guy said he got stuck on the lift so I figured it was the backside one...anyway...it was a sick day none the less.

LB

P.S. also I was supose to meet OneManArmy but I got there a little late so don't know if he showed or not.

Last edited by Lowball; 12-22-2003 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:32 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
lowball...glad you got to rip it up...sorry I never hooked up or called. I woke up mad late.....after 10. Ended just doing a halfer at bear then riding all day today.

Too bad...sounds like the wood was sick....next time

had a killer day until I spaced and smacked the edge of my board on my wing and left a fat 3 inch scratched then my buddy dropped his board and put a small but too the metal scratch on the edge of my door.....so pissed....I have stoneguard there too...it literally hit on the end of the stoneguard...bahh...

but it was all good.....I got to drop some sick lines at bear. One pretty insano on...my buddy said he heard me let out the soul rider howl and looked over and saw me sailing through the air....I was flying through a huge powder area on one of my favorite spots and came over a mound and full tilt an just as I hit the crest saw I had a bush in my way so I just ollied.....landed flew..did it again..landed...dropped a huge bottom turn and stopped to look back......flew like 40 feet man....was one of those low to the ground sailers......haaaa....I thought I was gonna die...was one of the times you are flying so fast that you know it's a better idea not to try and stop. haaa.

crazy part was I was hitting a lot of logs and what not today..drops...even one about 10 feet up.....took one bail. and it was a total boner move.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:25 AM

groovbusta saturday @ squaw, granite chief was pretty good, but really wet at the bottom off kt-22. 'board was sticking like mad.

sunday @ alpine, some great vigin pow off scott chair and even better chutes and deep stuff off summit six.

stopped at ikeda's on the way back... got my milkshake and chicken pot pie. while we were eating inside, two more wrx's gave me a nice parking lot hug... a silver sedan on my left, and a new (no plates, but had santa cruz frame) '04 black wrx on my right. i was the wagon w/gold p1's...

hope you guys had a good trip!

That was me and my friend........the only asians in Ikedas. Good food
Old 12-26-2003, 01:09 AM

Car Info: (2005 OBP STi - RIP), 2008 BMW M3
I was at Northstar on Monday. The snow wasn't as great as i would have hoped, but it got better towards the top of the mountain.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:35 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX, '13 STi
I just got back from Boreal (130am 12/26)... did anyone else get stuck in that massive traffic going 80 south towards Sacramento?

It was hellish... traffic backed up for 10 miles with delay of an hour... I couldn't stand it...
Old 12-26-2003, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by BitterWRX
I just got back from Boreal (130am 12/26)... did anyone else get stuck in that massive traffic going 80 south towards Sacramento?

It was hellish... traffic backed up for 10 miles with delay of an hour... I couldn't stand it...
Wasn't there on the 26th, but I've been there a few times before...and I feel you pain!
Old 12-26-2003, 03:55 PM

ill be there tomorrow (alpine)
and alpine again on tuesday if anyone wants to meet up either day
Old 12-29-2003, 02:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally posted by Daredevil
ill be there tomorrow (alpine)
and alpine again on tuesday if anyone wants to meet up either day
i'm down for tuesday. we're supposed to be getting close to a foot by tues! i'll pm ya, bro.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by boardoholic
i'm down for tuesday. we're supposed to be getting close to a foot by tues! i'll pm ya, bro.
They way it's coming down here is Sac today and all this early morning...we may have more that a 1-foot!!!

You guys be safe.

Late,

Lowball
Old 12-29-2003, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
It's coming down pretty hard right now in South Lake. Looking out my window, I'd say maybe a foot from last night.

Too bad my pass is blacked out for this week...

EDIT: Checking forecasts, it looks like 1-2 feet at most resorts from this storm (with another one rolling in on Wednesday).

Last edited by Nick Koan; 12-29-2003 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:26 PM

pm'd ya back boardaholic
Old 12-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
It's coming down pretty hard up here in North Lake. I can onl see for about 150 yards, then it's just a big white mass. Looks nice though
Old 12-29-2003, 03:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally posted by Daredevil
pm'd ya back boardaholic
yo, i pm'd ya a li'l bit ago. i just checked alpine's site & starting manana their tix are $59 for the holidays, so i'd rather go to sugar bowl for the any day $39 ticket thru safeway or my tahoe card. sorry, i don't have a season pass like you were able to score!

:banana:also, anyone else out there looking to slash some fresh pow tomorrow?!?:banana:
Old 12-29-2003, 04:06 PM

im down to go to sugar bowl thurs and fri if you'll be up there, we should meet up then

Quick Reply: who was at tahoe this weekend?