from norcalevo

never settle for less.

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index...c,35290.0.html
Old 11-08-2008, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 06 CGM PDM
so that's why i havent seen any evo's recently
Old 11-08-2008, 12:37 PM

Car Info: STi 07
Wow scary to see those wheels just fall apart like that. I did the Rota thing with my old Honda's but I wont throw no dam Rotas on my Subie!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 PM

Car Info: Fast
Well, I will sport the Rotas. When I break a cheap wheel, it will cost a lot less to replace than an expensive wheel!! And expensive wheels DO break, don't kid yourselves.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:20 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
Originally Posted by aboothman
Well, I will sport the Rotas. When I break a cheap wheel, it will cost a lot less to replace than an expensive wheel!! And expensive wheels DO break, don't kid yourselves.
lol you will sport the rotas.

all wheels breaks, just some are more often than others. this is not the first time see cheap wheels like rotas, adr..etc breaks. i ran on rotas before but if it breaks then ill just have to take it. you pay for what you get. so even my rotas fall apart i wouldn't complain, just accept it.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Its not only the wheel that breaks, but the scraped calipers and rotors, bent suspension, and dinged fenders that go along with it!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
You really have to be retarded to break a Rota. If you've seen my wheels, I must've curbed them a handful of times, driven on some crappy roads. They've held up well. Your Volk Racing/Work/SSR stickers won't magically save your wheels from getting destroyed if you ran your car off a cliff any more than a Rota. If the price was right and I had the skrill, honestly, I wouldn't mind a set of Gram Light 57Pros.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 11-08-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 2005 Silver STI, CF Hood on P1 Rota's
I agree, Rota's are clean for the price. I am rocking P1's and have had no issue, but if I could I would rock Grams myself.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:13 PM

Car Info: MY99 2.5RS 2 door
i lol'd. even if you believe that rotas are equal quality (they may be, whatever), knockoff parts put genuine brands out of business.

Exhibit A: GReddy tanking because it was a)losing sales to competitors and b)losing sales to fake/imitation parts

Exhibit B:
Seibon recently released a dry carbon look-alike of a Voltex wet carbon Evo VIII bonnet. Voltex discontinued the bonnet (or stopped exporting it) because it could not compete with Seibon's lower prices, even though Voltex's engineers had spent hours designing and redesigning the part in the wind tunnel. All that work, Seibon rips them off for probably less than half of what Voltex invested, and Voltex is forced to kill a beautiful product.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:25 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by volleyballurrrr
i lol'd. even if you believe that rotas are equal quality (they may be, whatever), knockoff parts put genuine brands out of business.

Exhibit A: GReddy tanking because it was a)losing sales to competitors and b)losing sales to fake/imitation parts

Exhibit B:
Seibon recently released a dry carbon look-alike of a Voltex wet carbon Evo VIII bonnet. Voltex discontinued the bonnet (or stopped exporting it) because it could not compete with Seibon's lower prices, even though Voltex's engineers had spent hours designing and redesigning the part in the wind tunnel. All that work, Seibon rips them off for probably less than half of what Voltex invested, and Voltex is forced to kill a beautiful product.
1. Yes, I said I SPORT Rotas, is there a problem with that? Its a ****ing word

2. Nobody said Rotas are of equal quality. Reread the posts. What WAS said, was that you can have a $500+ wheel break just as easily if you hit the right pothole, curb, whatever.

Notice that there are no explainations on ANY of those broken wheels...you know, HOW they were broken? For all you know, they were beat on day after day.

3. Let me get this straight; you expect us all to pay out the nose for a part that can be reproduced for a fraction of the price?

Yes, it sucks that possibly inferior products are outselling the "real deal." But you know what? I am fine with it. Until these products are produced in the U.S., and our country creates a severe importation duty like the EU and Canada, there is nothing to be done.

Doesn't really matter anyway, since most "original" products are made in Japan, and they would receive the same increased fees.

In the end, if I can get a product that is "good enough" for my purposes a lot cheaper, I will...as long as it is not made in China!!
Old 11-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Isn't that what patents are for?
Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by volleyballurrrr
Is this not the foundation of America's economic policy?
Old 11-08-2008, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
There are a lot of race teams that beat rotas day in day out without problems.

Cast Rotas are VERY strong and hardwearing. Fact.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:01 PM

Car Info: MY99 2.5RS 2 door
Originally Posted by aboothman
1. Yes, I said I SPORT Rotas, is there a problem with that? Its a ****ing word

2. Nobody said Rotas are of equal quality. Reread the posts. What WAS said, was that you can have a $500+ wheel break just as easily if you hit the right pothole, curb, whatever.

Notice that there are no explainations on ANY of those broken wheels...you know, HOW they were broken? For all you know, they were beat on day after day.

3. Let me get this straight; you expect us all to pay out the nose for a part that can be reproduced for a fraction of the price?

Yes, it sucks that possibly inferior products are outselling the "real deal." But you know what? I am fine with it. Until these products are produced in the U.S., and our country creates a severe importation duty like the EU and Canada, there is nothing to be done.

Doesn't really matter anyway, since most "original" products are made in Japan, and they would receive the same increased fees.

In the end, if I can get a product that is "good enough" for my purposes a lot cheaper, I will...as long as it is not made in China!!
slow down there hotshot. that post wasn't directed at you personally. im sorry if you thought that was a personal attack. when i said that about Rota's build quality i was saying "you" as in "one" or you in general, because people tend to use Rotas' quality as the centerpoint for their arguments, when that is not the only dimension of Rotas to be considered. You must also consider that someone's work is being imitated.

If you lived here made a beautiful painting and wanted to send it to a gallery in Germany, but the owner of that gallery decided "no I'll just buy this painting which looks identical, made by a german painter who took one look at you painting and decided to capitalize on its desireability, because he's offering it for a lower price than you", would that fly in the art community? no sir.

The foundation of America's economy is NOT at all based on stealing the ideas of others.