wheel repair??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
wheel repair??

I have v7 jdm wheels...gold of course.

That color is hard to match. I need a couple nicks filled....pretty good deep nicks. No cracks fortunately. And I need a repaint. One wheel. 4 or so nicks and some scratches.

My idiot neighbor ran me off the damn road and I smoked my wheel on a big rock or something. Alignment seems fine and tire is fine. Don't see cracks. Just some big **** me off nicks.

where and how much?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 05 Audi S4... trying to mod the driver!!!
jeeezzz. you can't get no love recently (SOA stuff now this).

Wheel Techniques in SJ does great work BUT they are expensive and they don't have the greatest customer service (more than one customer/friend has gone there to pick up his wheels to find that they had not been done yet.... always call before you go pick up even if it is the scheduled pickup date!).

My guess is somewhere between 150-200 for one wheel.

lndbrusr
Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
you too huh? On Sun I went to pick up some beers before the game. I pulled into the lot, parked, got my goods and came back out, hopped in my car, took a look around to see if there were any parking curbs, put it drive and pulled forward. Next thing I know, THUD!!!, Up then down, THUD!!! The parking lot has these curbed off planter areas, every one had something in it except to one that I parked in front of. From the drivers perspective there was nothing there, hence why I pulled forward. Both of my front wheels are out of round, clearly out of round. The pinch welds got messed up too. I called safeway to basically drop a heads up to them. The mamager told me that there used to be a tree there. They had to remove it for what ever reason, and they were trying to get another tree in there. He also said he'd get a hold of Safeway's risk management to see what they could do. apparently this wasn't the first time. The curb was all F'd up many cars have done the same thing. Hopefully I can get them to cover the damage.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ipozestu
you too huh? On Sun I went to pick up some beers before the game. I pulled into the lot, parked, got my goods and came back out, hopped in my car, took a look around to see if there were any parking curbs, put it drive and pulled forward. Next thing I know, THUD!!!, Up then down, THUD!!! The parking lot has these curbed off planter areas, every one had something in it except to one that I parked in front of. From the drivers perspective there was nothing there, hence why I pulled forward. Both of my front wheels are out of round, clearly out of round. The pinch welds got messed up too. I called safeway to basically drop a heads up to them. The mamager told me that there used to be a tree there. They had to remove it for what ever reason, and they were trying to get another tree in there. He also said he'd get a hold of Safeway's risk management to see what they could do. apparently this wasn't the first time. The curb was all F'd up many cars have done the same thing. Hopefully I can get them to cover the damage.
that sucks....good luck.

I may try and do repairs myself if I have to....but that would mean a color change on my wheels...utter sacrilig to some folks.

If I end up having to dump the car I'm gonna pull em and sell em so I'm not planning on doing anything immediately.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 AM
General Pimpin'

speaking of which jeff...

how's the rest of the car...no talk long time.

nothing else hit the planter????
Old 04-24-2007, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Just pinch welds and the front of the skirts. I can't comment of the rest of the vehicle. I am very supersticious, nowadays.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:00 PM
General Pimpin'

bumpers.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Go to Stockton Wheel, they can fix just about any kind of damage. I've had really good luck with them in the past.. www.stocktonwheel.com

Last edited by Ballz; 04-24-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:03 PM

Car Info: civic
i've had bad experiences with wheel techniques.

Long story short, i brought my 1 bent SSR comp wheel to them to repair. They said turn around time is 3-4 days no problem, paint matching was no problem, and they can definitely have the rim looking brand spanking new like as if it just got shipped over from japan. So I called them at the end of the 4th day, and they said it's not done yet and instructed me to call back tomorrow, did that, and they said the paint's not done drying yet, try monday as it was already saturday. Monday comes along, and i gave them a ring again, and they tell me it's ready, so i went into the shop to pick up my wheels. the color on it was COMPLETELY whack. No where near the original paint color of my ssr comp anthracite with polish lip. So they said they'll get it right this time around, but would need me to drop off one of my wheels at home to them so they can color match it to that. I did that the following business day, and they said they'll call me when it's done. 3 days go by, and still no call, so i give them a call during their business hours and by then they already know i'm the guy with the ssr wheel. They inform me that they're in the process of getting the wheel color matched, sending it out to some paint dealer or somethin for computer matching and give them some time. I said alright well, let me konw when i should expect my wheels to be done. He said call back next week, and so i left it at that until the following week. Gave wheel techniques a call, and the same guy picks up and he's literally out of excuses. Finally tells me that they can't color match the wheels and i'm PISSED. I ended up playing getting the run around for 5 weeks while my car was out of commission since i have BBK and i wasn't able to get ahold of another set of wheels, paying additional money to get all FOUR of my wheels resprayed a completely diff color, just so i can have a set of 4 matchiing SSR comps.

Wheel techniques SUCK.

Just last week, my friend has a set of ssr comps and one needed to be repaired. They claimed/promised it will be the same color if they repair it. Surely enough, it was the same color, as they only repaired the lip where the bend was. But that's only because they never even touched the paint. With that said, they chipped the paint off the spokes of the wheel in several places during the repair process, and also grinded the **** out of the inside wheel lip during the repair process. DEFINITELY DO NOT bring your wheels to wheel techniques.