East Bay shop to paint side skirts? (was: I've a question if i may)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 06:37 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
I've a question if i may

Can anyone recommend a shop close to me (San lorenzo, 94580) that'll do a decent job at painting my sideskirts?

Last edited by XkrazyAsianX; 05-14-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:32 PM

Car Info: iono nemore
masters autobody in hayward? is that close enough to san lorenzo? they did a decent job on mine.

Last edited by oct1285; 05-14-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:37 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
yea that's close . How much did they charge?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:08 PM

Car Info: iono nemore
i dont remember and it was part of a group buy
Old 05-14-2006, 08:13 PM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
+1 for masters
Old 05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
F' Masters. Creative Kustoms in San Jose. Is the only place to go. I had my skirts painted at Masters. They did a terrible job. Runs in the paint, wrong color. You'll pay a little emore a Creative but George will do it right the first time. They will do a group buy. Get a few people together and they will save you a few bones. George and Elizabeth are the coolest people. They have done the work for my front end and in a week they are going to be repainting the entire passenger side of my car. Trust me C K is the ****. Tell
em I sent you down Henry.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
+1 for creative kustoms

when i got my skirts painted it was during a group buy which was 100 bucks, dude if you want ill pick up your side skirts from you and drop em off at CK since i work in downtown SJ where they're located, but im on vacation so i wont be going back to work til next week. lemme know!

-Ave
Old 05-14-2006, 09:31 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
i've had 3 lips on my car

1 was painted by capitol auto body in san jose

1 was painted by mikes auto body in walnut creek

1 was painted by creative customs

the first 2 didnt chip easily, but the one from creative customs chipped quite a bit already, and i've only had it for 2 months now.

the other 2 I had for a year each..

I personally don't like Creative Customs, their coats aren't thick enough or they dont use enough coats.

or maybe it was just a bad case for me.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2002 Aspen WRX RIP:2003 WRB Wrx
if your car is WRB i will paint them for you. Just mail them to me and pay for shipping + paint and shipping back. lmk
Old 05-14-2006, 09:42 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
I was the 1st Subaru Creative Kustoms worked on and posted about it before the group buy. My sideskirts are still holding up relatively well and I've had a few front lips painted by them.

I don't think I'll be going back to them cause it doesn't seem like they appreciate the thousands of dollars of business I brought them. I don't expect any type of crazy hook up but to charge me full retail after all the referrals I sent them is kinda lame. Oh well.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
masters did mine pretty neat..i did it with a group buy so i dont remember how much i paid.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:38 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
i've had 3 lips on my car

1 was painted by capitol auto body in san jose

1 was painted by mikes auto body in walnut creek

1 was painted by creative customs

the first 2 didnt chip easily, but the one from creative customs chipped quite a bit already, and i've only had it for 2 months now.

the other 2 I had for a year each..

I personally don't like Creative Customs, their coats aren't thick enough or they dont use enough coats.

or maybe it was just a bad case for me.
Zoeb I'm sure if you have a problem and it is all F'd up, George will take care of it for you. Call him up.
Originally Posted by soundwave
I don't think I'll be going back to them cause it doesn't seem like they appreciate the thousands of dollars of business I brought them. I don't expect any type of crazy hook up but to charge me full retail after all the referrals I sent them is kinda lame. Oh well..
Preston he must not like you. Everyone I have sent down there gets a hook up. Myself included.
Besides after the thousands I spent at Gruppe-s, when I asked for a free T-shirt I got a chuckle, ha ha , from Max and the parts dept.

Last edited by ipozestu; 05-15-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:24 AM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Preston he must not like you. Everyone I have sent down there gets a hook up. Myself included.
Besides after the thousands I spent at Gruppe-s, when I asked for a free T-shirt I got a chuckle, ha ha , from Max and the parts dept.
well, if he must not like me, i shouldn't go back right? lol

oh and the $ you spent at gruppe-s. i can guarantee you didn't pay anything near retail on what you spent. getting a fat discount is probably worth more than a t-shirt lol
Old 05-15-2006, 08:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
If you like your car, don't go to The Masters in Hayward. They did a sub-highschool autoshop job on my car. Seriously crap work. There is blue and clear paint on every piece of rubber, you can see sandscratch and the crap bodywork through the paint. They even painted clear over my AWD sticker and got tons of overspray on the bumper and other areas. They painted my car from the front doors to the rear quarter panels, and didn't remove one piece - just masked "near" everything leaving a paint lip on every piece of trim. There was primer and bare metal on parts of my car. At least the guy touched up that. Someday when I am rich I am going to find a real body shop to redo the work.

I recently had some work done at a different body shop and the guy called me up asking if I painted the car myself or something. He felt so bad for the crap work on it that he wetsanded and buffed the whole car. It looks a little better, but there's still the paint on all the rubber trim. The shop painted my sideskirts for me, and they had to cut the rubber trim off of the car because of the bad masking from The Masters. Horrific work.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by soundwave
well, if he must not like me, i shouldn't go back right? lol

oh and the $ you spent at gruppe-s. i can guarantee you didn't pay anything near retail on what you spent. getting a fat discount is probably worth more than a t-shirt lol
mums the word.lol

Quick Reply: East Bay shop to paint side skirts? (was: I've a question if i may)