East Bay shop to paint side skirts? (was: I've a question if i may)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
If you like your car, don't go to The Masters in Hayward.
To my understanding (bare in mind, I personally haven't had experience with them), Masters was pretty good 3-4 years ago. One of the first group buys back then was at Masters, then Soundwave set one up at Creative (which yielded better results nowadays). I think since then, they've changed ownerships and people who brought their cars/body parts to the shop after the change had bad experiences. There's also a board member here located in SF that does a pretty good job at painting side skirts as well, gah, his name escapes me.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Imprezzy
To my understanding (bare in mind, I personally haven't had experience with them), Masters was pretty good 3-4 years ago. One of the first group buys back then was at Masters, then Soundwave set one up at Creative (which yielded better results nowadays). I think since then, they've changed ownerships and people who brought their cars/body parts to the shop after the change had bad experiences. There's also a board member here located in SF that does a pretty good job at painting side skirts as well, gah, his name escapes me.
i believe his username is hokusai. I had him paint my skirts about a year or two ago for a good price but they haven't held up that well. The paint is very rough, the clear is uneven, and the paint is bubbling by the doors. I was probably one of the firsts that he painted so i assume he probably got better. But for the price he did them for i can't complain much.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
You are 100% correct. My car was dropped off with the original owner, Dennis who seemed like a pretty nice guy. He showed me some of his work and based on that I agreed to have my car done there (besides due to the circumstances, this was the only option for me at the time). He told me he and/or his team would be doing the work on my car. When I came to pick it up, and I started pointing out nasty crap - he told me that the new owner had done the work, and there wasn't much he could do. He must have felt sorry for me though because he went inside, grabbed the remaining paint and touched up the bare metal that was showing where they sanded down the edges where the trunk meets the quarter panel, but left them bare metal. To my understanding the original team at The Masters did good work, and this was where Gruppe-S had things like scoops and skirts done.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:36 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
ahhhhhhhhhh, mix reviews on both shops .... what to do ><, i should've made this a poll
Old 05-15-2006, 04:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline

Isn't his name Hakusai or something to that effect? Anywho, I had my skirts painted (Blaze Yellow) by Masters with one of the group buys about two years ago. I'm not sure if that was before or after the ownership change, but I was very happy with the results. The paint was smooth and the rather rare color was matched perfectly with no extra charge compared to the obviously more common WRB.

-Chris
Old 05-15-2006, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Isn't his name Hakusai or something to that effect? Anywho, I had my skirts painted (Blaze Yellow) by Masters with one of the group buys about two years ago. I'm not sure if that was before or after the ownership change, but I was very happy with the results. The paint was smooth and the rather rare color was matched perfectly with no extra charge compared to the obviously more common WRB.

-Chris
My experience was February of 2005.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:16 PM

Car Info: #400
bayareacustoms.com
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
My experience was February of 2005.

It's sad to hear that they got so bad.

-Chris
Old 05-19-2006, 09:43 PM

I'm probably going to need some painting done in a week or so. In for a group buy deal if it goes down.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:16 PM

DAMN! creative Kustoms just raised their group buy price to 150 for side skirts .............
Old 05-26-2006, 01:18 PM

Oh and does anyone know master's number?

I'm not sure if this is it .. but it's what i got in my search.

Larry & John's Body Shop-The Masters
28232 Industrial B
Old 05-26-2006, 08:53 PM

eh?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:55 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
DAMN! creative Kustoms just raised their group buy price to 150 for side skirts .............
:rotfl: what a bargain huh!
Old 05-29-2006, 02:02 PM

so does anyone have info on masters?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
so does anyone have info on masters?
What do you want to know?

Quick Reply: East Bay shop to paint side skirts? (was: I've a question if i may)