What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
lol... Andre, you crack me up. Zoeb is the funniest, followed by Moike.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:17 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
The thing that a lot of people may not have thought about is:

I-club is no longer a pure enthusiast community. gagan talked a lot about this "Back in the old skool day" stuff. Yes, that was back when America never heard about the imprezza, and the 2.5RS owners were like brothers in arms sharing a common love for this seemingly insignificant car no one has heard about.

THAT'S the reason why this community used to be so "close"

Now, there are like a bajillion million wrx's out there. No longer do people buy this car b/c they love the WRC or the history and culture of the Imprezza. People buy this car cause it's fast, it's good value for the money. Of course there is a lot of hate now, I-club is now an MATURED community, of not just hardcore enthusiasts but everyday owners. We are just like the honda, the mustang, the LS1 forums.

Anyhow, we are just going through another step of maturation in terms of a community. And I sincerely RESPEK Alex's "No ban" policy b/c that is ***** right there: it shows Alex has guts. He acknowledges there will be problems along the way but he's willing to deal with the problems instead of just banning people. If you go down that path, you ban a guy, you ban 10 guys, pretty soon you are a despotic Nazioc forum. Good call on the no ban policy.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
The way I see it is while here on I-club, everyone should be treating each other as if IN PERSON at a meet (because you eventually will meet many of these members face to face). I hate how I look through various threads only to see people clowning each other and having grudges against people... this isn't some yahoo chatroom where you can say whatever sort of **** you want. The fact is, when I'm spending MY time on here it should be a good experience. No one needs to waste 2hrs ect... of their life only to be aggravated trying to find a decent thread / forum to post in.

-Jeff
Old 09-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Angry

Originally Posted by verc
The thing that a lot of people may not have thought about is:

I-club is no longer a pure enthusiast community. gagan talked a lot about this "Back in the old skool day" stuff. Yes, that was back when America never heard about the imprezza, and the 2.5RS owners were like brothers in arms sharing a common love for this seemingly insignificant car no one has heard about.

THAT'S the reason why this community used to be so "close"

Now, there are like a bajillion million wrx's out there. No longer do people buy this car b/c they love the WRC or the history and culture of the Imprezza. People buy this car cause it's fast, it's good value for the money. Of course there is a lot of hate now, I-club is now an MATURED community, of not just hardcore enthusiasts but everyday owners. We are just like the honda, the mustang, the LS1 forums.

Anyhow, we are just going through another step of maturation in terms of a community. And I sincerely RESPEK Alex's "No ban" policy b/c that is ***** right there: it shows Alex has guts. He acknowledges there will be problems along the way but he's willing to deal with the problems instead of just banning people. If you go down that path, you ban a guy, you ban 10 guys, pretty soon you are a despotic Nazioc forum. Good call on the no ban policy.

Are you trying to justify the fact that this club has lost it's close knit community feel?

This is something that 80% of todays members no NOTHING about, and I'll alway remind people and let people know of those days. I dont' know how I can help to get to that point again, but I will try.

2.5RS is not some "seemingly insignificant car no one has heard about"...
Old 09-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
everything is gonna be alright...

the last thing we need is some pissing contest between those who had a 2.5RS and those who didn't.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:04 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by dahveed

the last thing we need is some pissing contest between those who had a 2.5RS and those who didn't.
exactly.... seems like rs owners are more elitist than anything. but that's expected. 1st gen owners of any brand car tend to put their car on a pedestal (eg, e30 m3)
who cares as long as everyone appreciates ALL subys, not one specific generation.

/ducks
Old 09-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'll kill you all. I'm not on a pedestal... I AM the pedestal.

What does that mean you ask? I don't know what it means... BACK OFF!!!

We're lost in a maze... falling away, getting more and more lost day by day.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3

Good shizzle Dre, made me laugh!!!!!

Moike
Old 09-06-2004, 12:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car

how did i know this thread was gonna go there? please, let's keep the nabisco antics off of here.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
Originally Posted by soundwave
exactly.... seems like rs owners are more elitist than anything. but that's expected. 1st gen owners of any brand car tend to put their car on a pedestal (eg, e30 m3)
who cares as long as everyone appreciates ALL subys, not one specific generation.

/ducks
i had the first GC8 body style, waaaay before RS came out (93 L), does that make me king of i-club???

cheers, and have a safe weekend
Old 09-06-2004, 01:23 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6

whatever David. I answered ambert and stated my opinion about that model car. Hardly a pissing contest.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
dood just chill!!!
Old 09-06-2004, 01:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Do Not Make Me Bust Out The Photoshop Biatches!
Old 09-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
There is no pissing contest between old vs. new. Don't sway the matter of the problem away from it, David. Gagan is correct.

If any pissing contest does exist here, it is merely people w/ respect vs. people w no respect for others.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:57 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
If we as members try to contribute only positive things when we post, i-Club will do just fine.

I never tell anyone to 'stfu' but there have been a couple of dozen times where I had a reply all typed up but took a few moments to read over what I was about to post, then decided that it amounted to nothing positive. Just because I can post doesn't mean that I have to post.

As i-Club grows in size, there are going to be those of us who can't see eye to eye with a few other members. That part is like real life. You don't have to be a pal with everyone on i-Club but I think we should all try to be civil about things and not feel we have to take a stance for or against one group or another. Instead, why not try to find out what we have in common with each other because concentrating on our differences will only serve to drive people apart.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

Quick Reply: What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?