Warriors thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Because Iguodala is garbage. Monta has improved so much in the past few years and he's only going to get better. Monta is slowly becoming the next Iverson.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Agree only a win for phily....
Old 06-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Car Info: Betty
keep monta n curry. iggy is a garbage. pick up chandler and a big/athletic 3rd guard.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Because Iguodala is garbage. Monta has improved so much in the past few years and he's only going to get better. Monta is slowly becoming the next Iverson.
Pretty much. They will drop a little salary, get a good shooting guard and then focus on getting a big man in the draft.

But I doubt he'll ever be as good as iverson was.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:24 PM

MT2 via twitter:

1. Warriors and team president Robert Rowell mutually agree to part ways

2. Warriors make qualifying offer to Reggie Williams, officially making him a restricted free agent.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Car Info: Betty
[QUOTE=TurnWRX;3086036]MT2 via twitter:

1. Warriors and team president Robert Rowell mutually agree to part ways

good riddance.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:15 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

bumpity bump...

the warriors select a 2 or 3 guard...

i'm warming up to that... steph and monta starting. klay comes off as 6th man...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Warriors also "bought" Jeremy Tyler off the Bobcats on draft night. Low risk, high reward. This kid's got quite a story on him for leaving before his senior year of high school to play in the pros in Israel. Then having a few hard lessons in life along the way (living alone overseas) and ended up playing in Japan for former Spurs coach, Bob Hill (94-97 w/ David Robinson). Upside's there, I just hope he gets the proper mentoring. He's got the right size and decent mobility to be a good center someday if his head's in the game and doesn't let his own struggles get to him.

Then the Warriors snag Hofstra scoring machine, Charles Jenkins, a 6'3" two guard who weighs in at a lean, honest 216 lbs. He'll compete with Jeremy Lin for minutes, but at least the Warriors have physically stronger options at the two guard spots. Could use a spark of offense out of an 8th-9th man. The scouting reports tell me he's pretty efficient with his possessions (51% shooting overall, 42% from the arc, gets to the free throw line a good amount at 82%, 4.8 assists). Only concern is that sure, he's a great scorer for Hofstra, but it wasn't that much of a test against relevant competition. It's just a notch above high school competition in the division he was playing in. LOL.

As for Klay Thompson. Everyone knows he's out there to shoot the lights out. Think of him as a poor man's Kevin Martin with better playmaking skills. The underrated aspect of his game is his ball handling and his ability to distribute the ball. I have a feeling that when Curry's on the bench, Klay can play point forward in a small lineup. He's not afraid to initiate the offense if he needs to be and he works well without the ball. So he can get it started and surely the offensive sequence can end with him taking the shot. His high basketball IQ will allow him to learn fast and get to his spots. He's not as defensively gifted as they would have liked at the swing position, but at least on the other end of the court, he's totally a good fit.

Just surprised that Kawhi Leonard fell so far out of the lottery (#15 overall to Indiana and traded to San Antonio). I leapt for joy when I saw all those teams passing him. I got angry when the Warriors didn't take him. Warriors could have used a combo forward who's a beast on defense and rebounds (think early Shawn Marion before he learned how to score). A high motor physical player like that would have been greatly beneficial, so I see why San Antonio gambled some of their future (a rapidly improving George Hill) for him. No idea why this guy's stock fell so far after the mock drafts had him pegged between 7-10. I felt a little better when he fell 4 more spots though. There's probably something us regular folk don't know about. I mean, c'mon, Bismack Biyombo was gone by pick #7 and that dude had a most publicized horrible workout where his offensive liabilities were out in the open. Kawhi probably can't dribble any further than 6-7 feet or score in any other way besides layups, put backs, and dunks, but that doesn't mean he should have fallen that far. Oh, this draft was so unpredictable.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 06-24-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:13 PM

Some guys in the forum were suggesting that Tyler be coached by Kareem, esp with what he did with Bynum. I don't know much about Tyler, but I just hope he's not a headcase.

Been hearing that the Ellis camp wants a trade. Not sure what to make of it, since Ellis acted similarly when the dubs drafted Curry. 2 guards drafted this year and a bunch of trade speculation, Ellis probably feels like he's being pushed out, or going to be.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:16 PM

Car Info: Hybrid
Laker's represent what what!!! LOL

Watch the hate pour in..... <----joke

Go ahead insert hatred below.... <----i'm kidding

But remember we have 14 Championship Titles nuff said.... <---true, but part of my joke

P.S. Before you rape on me I'm a Clippers and Warriors fan too

Last edited by SubyWrxGuy; 06-24-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:22 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Some guys in the forum were suggesting that Tyler be coached by Kareem, esp with what he did with Bynum. I don't know much about Tyler, but I just hope he's not a headcase.

Been hearing that the Ellis camp wants a trade. Not sure what to make of it, since Ellis acted similarly when the dubs drafted Curry. 2 guards drafted this year and a bunch of trade speculation, Ellis probably feels like he's being pushed out, or going to be.
doubt it...

dont think monta AND the warriors think he can sustain a 40 min per game season...

hence the 2 guards.

steph and monta will start. klay will be the 6th man.

biggest question: from the last game in the 2010-2011 season, who's gone? who's going to the d-league...
Old 06-24-2011, 03:37 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
Laker's represent what what!!! LOL

Watch the hate pour in.....

Go ahead insert hatred below....

But remember we have 14 Championship Titles nuff said....

P.S. Before you rape on me I'm a Clippers and Warriors fan too
Nobody cares /troll
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM

Monta needs to grow up. Drafting a player like Klay will make him better. It will reduce his minutes some but not much. He can slide to the point at times. Another potential line up is Curry, Monta, Klay, Wright and Lee for mismatches.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:01 PM

Car Info: Hybrid
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Nobody cares /troll
Wow! Just as I thought someone would get butt-hurt...

U just mad Warriors have no rings haha

If you took the time to read my whole post you would see i enjoy rooting for all California Basketball teams! Can't you take a joke?

Last edited by SubyWrxGuy; 06-24-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
LOL, that was so unnecessary, but hey, in all fairness Laker names were thrown into the conversation with Jerry West being on board, people chiming in about Kareem Abdul Jabbar mentoring Jeremy Tyler, and Klay Thompson's dad, Mychal was a former LA Laker. So, why not inject a little bit of championship caliber Laker legacy into the Warriors franchise? I'd rather have influences from the Laker organization than say..... the Minnesota Timberwolves or something.

Also, Klay Thompson's mostly there to reduce workload on BOTH Monta and Dorell Wright. Those two played damn near 40 minutes per game all last season. They were starting to get pretty burnt out in the final month. Monta just feels awkward because the front office and Mark Jackson praised him so much and then drafted two players who could play his position. I don't blame him for feeling a little threatened. Also, losing so much in the past few seasons is starting to wear on him, it seems. So, he probably wants to explore other possibilities with another team that can get him into the next level (in terms of wins).

Last edited by Hollandaze; 06-24-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Warriors thread