Warriors thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I'm not sure how the court crew could have cleaned up the sweat that was literally just laid on the floor when Montiejunas slid.
I heard from somewhere that Curry told the refs there was a wet spot there a few plays before he went down, and that they did nothing about it. Hence the reason the Rockets player slipped, followed by Curry.

Court crew most of the time only cleans up near the paint/key area, they don't bother with anywhere else, unless there's a timeout and they were told about a wet spot somewhere. Out of the games I've attended, I don't even recall them ever venturing out that far to check for wet spots. But of course, I might not have been paying attention lol
Old 04-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'd agree 100%.

I think without Curry the warriors will get by the Rockets. I think they can get by the Clippers or Portland... whoever wins that. I think Portland does. I think with Curry they easily beat either one. Without them I think they still do but it's not a lock.

But the spurs walked through that first series. They should be OK.

Once the Warriors lock up with the Spurs they're run is over. No way they beat the spurs without Curry. Just not going to happen. I mean maybe they'll get that do it for Curry juice going... but I doubt it. It's a tough series WITH Curry. Gotta remember... the spurs had 67 wins. That's a damned good season. They were on pace to get close to the record for a long time.

That series was going to be the real NBA finals as either of them will beat the east.... but I just don't see the warriors getting by a team that good without Curry.

And lets be real... he's not coming back.

1-2 weeks is the timing for reevaluation. That means at that time they decide what he can and can't do as far as his RECOVERY goes. It doesn't mean he can play. And if he does come back they're putting him at risk for a worse injury and loosing him for next season and/or forever as his game revolves around his mobility.

Same thing I said with the ankle injury... not worth it. If he's not 100% I wouldn't let him play. You're talking about the next 7 years right there and screwing up a HOF player. He should not have been on the court with that ankle injury... not yet. That brace and that injury are a big part of why he hurt his knee in the first place. That and the court crew not doing their job and cleaning up that sweat.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
I heard from somewhere that Curry told the refs there was a wet spot there a few plays before he went down, and that they did nothing about it. Hence the reason the Rockets player slipped, followed by Curry.

Court crew most of the time only cleans up near the paint/key area, they don't bother with anywhere else, unless there's a timeout and they were told about a wet spot somewhere. Out of the games I've attended, I don't even recall them ever venturing out that far to check for wet spots. But of course, I might not have been paying attention lol

I have never seen a court crew go all the way to the 3 point line area to clean a spot during live play. The only time I've ever seen it is when a ref points it out during a dead ball.

As for the Curry getting hurt, I thought it was stupid for Curry to be playing after hurting his ankle in game one. I thought he came back too soon and he wasn't needed against the crappy rockets team and barely lost in game 3. The weak ankle and all the gear on that ankle pretty much made the next weak point give out a little more even though the reason he slipped was because of the wet spot. Curry should have sat the rest of the series out to rest that ankle and strengthen it, but now it has become a worse injury.

I think the Warriors won't have a problem with the Clippers since they are pretty much screwed without CP3 or Blake. Especially since their backup point guard is Doc's son, Austin. That dude isn't even close to being a decent backup point. I do think if the Warriors play the Blazers, it'll be a more interesting game since Lillard can light up teams and he's really quick for Klay to guard.

Now if the Warriors make past either those two teams and meet the Spurs in the West Finals without Curry then that's going to be a little bit of a problem since we've seen how Klay plays against a defender like Leonard and we all know Leonard is a lockdown defender and causes hell with his length, strength, and speed for a guy his size. Plus Leonard doesn't have to worry about needing to switch defense on both Curry and Klay. And they'll need somebody else to step up on the scoring if Klay is taken out by Leonard.

Last edited by The Law; 04-28-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:14 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Werd on all accounts.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:29 AM

Luke Walton agrees to coach the Lakers next season. Happy for the guy, but it's a mess out in Lakerland and it's not going to be anywhere near the success he has with the Warriors. Just hope he knows what he's getting in to.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 AM

I expected rust from Curry that last game, and got it. Didn't think he would score more than 20 points. Boy was I wrong! Dude turned it on in OT (and in 4th).

Couldn't sum it up better than what Curry said to Portland fans: "I'm back b*****! I'm back!" lol ok I added that extra word in there

Oh and forgot to add, Curry gets first ever unanimous MVP award!

Last edited by TurnWRX; 05-10-2016 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Warriors should have lost that game but got saved by Curry shaking off that rust at the end.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:42 PM
General Pimpin'

That was an impressive first game back for Curry. Didn't expect it. Now they have a legit shot at getting that championship.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Luke Walton agrees to coach the Lakers next season. Happy for the guy, but it's a mess out in Lakerland and it's not going to be anywhere near the success he has with the Warriors. Just hope he knows what he's getting in to.
Yeah. Good shot for him. Sucks he doesn't get credit for those wins.

Lakers are a great place for him to go. They can't sit on Kobe to sell tickets anymore. They've got to build a good team. Bring in a coach that showed he can win and win a lot. Make some good moves in the draft and free agency with that money that'll be freeing up over the next few years as these left over inflated contracts phase out. They could put together a pretty competitive team pretty quickly. The NBA is not that deep right now. Lots of good players. Not lots of great teams.

For them it's gonna come down to the Lottery. If they can land Simmons or Ingram they'll have a good young core.

They've got some decent young guys that just need to be taught to stand on their own feet and not wait on Kobe. They could turn the corner quick.

Having Ingram, Young, Randle, Russell, Clarkson. That's a really good young core right there.

They could even land a couple decent players in the next couple picks that could contribute at Center and guard. If they can land Diamond Stone that would be a huge come up. Dejounte Murray is more likely though or Malik Beasley. But there's like 5 centers that'll go high in the second round that could all help the lakers.

I could see them getting a good young core going full speed with a good young coach and surprising some people. Also a few good free agents out there that could help too. I could see them going after Barnes and he's familiar with the coach. Depending on their lotto landing spot they could target Al Horford or Ryan Anderson as well. I don't see them landing Durant. He's getting older and wants to win. I could see the warriors loosing barnes and landing durant.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Old 05-12-2016, 01:43 PM

Having Ingram, Young, Randle, Russell, Clarkson. That's a really good young core right there.

They will still have some chemistry issues, with the Young/Russell fiasco. Russell was alienated for quite some time by the entire team after he or someone else leaked that recording he did on Young.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:46 PM

Nice win by the Warriors, but they really need to work on their 3 point defense. Blazers were getting uncontested 3 pointers at an alarming rate. If they get to the finals, and are going to face the Cavs, they really need to shore this up quickly.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:33 AM

Well that game sucked...
Old 05-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

The warriors made $hit look good
Old 05-23-2016, 11:12 AM
General Pimpin'

OK has the momentum right now. Not good for the Warriors.

But then again... live by the sword die by the sword. For them that's 3's. If they can't hit them they're done. Period.

Hopefully the sharks can pull this next win out.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:48 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
OK has the momentum right now. Not good for the Warriors.

But then again... live by the sword die by the sword. For them that's 3's. If they can't hit them they're done. Period.

Hopefully the sharks can pull this next win out.
couldn't agree more... I am a "late to the party" Warrior fan, and they can't hit ish right now. So much so I may not watch the next game. My blood pressure cannot take this beating we are taking...

and GO SHARKS! I am going about all my stuperstitous routines today...

josh

Quick Reply: Warriors thread