Warriors thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:32 AM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
Originally Posted by ldivinag
i'll excuse your age as a sign of not being alive long enough...

i remember my first warriors game so vividly.

i played for ST ANNES basketball. 5th grade. 1978. part of the money/fee my parents paid for me to play, was a nose bleed tixs to a warriors game.

i remember wearing my bright yellow team uniform jacket as hundreds of us descended upon oakland arena.

and so began my lifelong fascination with the warriors.

yes, there was the 13 year playoffs drought. and yes, ever single start of those seasons brought hope to me, that the W's would once again play in the "second" season.

i 've been through the TMC era. yes, i was there during the first playoff game when the warriors actually got RUN DMC to do an opening number.

and yes, there was a playoffs drought before the TMA area too.

anyone remember larry smith? and the hard hats?

remember sleepy floyd's 4th quarter performance against the lakers in a playoff game?

remember the predecessor to what became FSN? i remember my best friend being jealous of me when our cable system started carrying PST (IIRC) and almost all of the warriors' games.

i remember sitting to a preseason warriors game at san jose state and seeing a lone figure sitting above us, all by himself. it was then team president, al attles. we had a good quick chat.

remember all the bust 1st round picks? i dont. lol...

do you know what the robert parrish curse is? do you even know who robert parrish is? ditto the billy owens curse.

i remember ALMOST getting a dream job with the team, of all things. i interviewed as a network analyst. can you imagine them asking me, if i had any problems working nights, when the team is at home? i asked them back, "so you WANT TO PAY ME to watch my favorite team?" lol... too bad, i didnt have windows NT qualifications then... damn novell... lol......

i still cheer for ex warriors like jason richardson. then, mitch richmond. and curse a few ex ones too, like gilbert arenas, joe smith, etc... feel sad for the homophobic remarks said by tim hardaway.

and glad to see chris mullins becoming team GM. cry that chris cohan is still owner. lol...

but you through all this, the warriors is my favorite bay area pro team. i will cheer for them through thick and thin.
you went to ST ANNES too?! nice, me too! just many years after you haha
Old 03-24-2008, 12:33 AM

Car Info: Betty
^^^ fyi: 2.5Blk

1) warriors were forced to let arenas go. the nba installed new rules for circumstances like this and you can read it here.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032802082.html

2) we miss jrich. he was a major factor in restoring the warriors back on the map. however, many of the warrior fans would agree that MONTA ELLIS is having much better season than jrich. jrich was also a financial burden because of his huge contract. we needed to free up cap space to secure our future when ellis and biedrich become free agents in next couple years.

now we're playing well and have cap space to secure our future as well as attract other free agents. Chris mullin has done a FINE job and have us back in the prime time.

lastly, i don't know why you'd have to loosely label asians as "yellow ppl"...but you can't blame us for liking the warriors who play the exciting run and gun pace of basketball and probably the most entertaining team in the NBA who happens to have beaten your lakers tonight with that style.

btw, i think u were still in grammer school when mugsy was with the warriors back in 97-98 season. i doubt it if you really had to pay UR money to watch him play...but i could be wrong. kids do get allowances from their parents.

Last edited by slimboiphat; 03-24-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX
Regardless, the Warriors got a much needed win tonight.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 AM

Car Info: 05 330i ZHP, 02 ES300, 85 MR2 SC
S.Jack FTW and the Kobe counter-trey daggers!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2017 STI
Originally Posted by slimboiphat
^^^ fyi: 2.5Blk

1) warriors were forced to let arenas go. the nba installed new rules for circumstances like this and you can read it here.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032802082.html

2) we miss jrich. he was a major factor in restoring the warriors back on the map. however, many of the warrior fans would agree that MONTA ELLIS is having much better season than jrich. jrich was also a financial burden because of his huge contract. we needed to free up cap space to secure our future when ellis and biedrich become free agents in next couple years.

now we're playing well and have cap space to secure our future as well as attract other free agents. Chris mullin has done a FINE job and have us back in the prime time.

lastly, i don't know why you'd have to loosely label asians as "yellow ppl"...but you can't blame us for liking the warriors who play the exciting run and gun pace of basketball and probably the most entertaining team in the NBA who happens to have beaten your lakers tonight with that style.

btw, i think u were still in grammer school when mugsy was with the warriors back in 97-98 season. i doubt it if you really had to pay UR money to watch him play...but i could be wrong. kids do get allowances from their parents.
yes yes. im yellow, born in the city. my roommates are all hardcore warrior fans. i can say anything i want about yellow. but to label the asians "loosely" as yellow, i do apologize about that.
anyways, back to my point. I was once a warriors fan.... *flashback* I remember being a fan since 3rd grade, just to support your local team of course! basketball was a love, passion, and dream for me; didn't matter whos playing, if it were the bullets to the grizzlys. but, like i said... as a kid, i only had so much patience hoping they'd do well every year. after about 6-7 years... i seriously gave up on them. now, filled with disgust and hate... i don't care if they win the title for the next 5 consecutive years, i'll still never like them.
- im just a hater -
Old 03-24-2008, 03:50 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX + 08 335i + 07 Tahoe Lt3
yeah the warriors game last night was fun, frustrating, then fun again lol.. I'll be at tonights game @ Oracle should be another good game...
Old 03-24-2008, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
lucky..where u sittin?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 PM

sloppy playing so far
Old 03-24-2008, 08:06 PM

yea I agree...both teams look hella tired in the first already
Old 03-24-2008, 08:21 PM

Car Info: '06 WRX SGM Wagon
what is up with Vujacic's hair net.....oh yeah his first name is sasha
Old 03-24-2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by kaldereta
hahahaha looks hella ugly
Old 03-24-2008, 08:45 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by kaldereta
LOL i thought i was the only one thinking what a gay name that was.

monta ellis is too good for the lakers, and kobe is nonexistent!

DONT **** IT UP WARRIORS!!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:50 PM

warriors need to get Ronny Seikaly back lol
Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 PM

Car Info: '06 WRX SGM Wagon
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
warriors need to get Ronny Seikaly back lol
dude that guy rocked in NBA JAM
Old 03-24-2008, 10:02 PM

Car Info: Betty
fish is dirty.

Last edited by slimboiphat; 03-24-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Warriors thread