WARNING to those parking at Arden Mall

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
WARNING to those parking at Arden Mall

I happened over to Arden Mall the other day and parked in the garage adjecent to Nordstroms. As I am walking from my car, I see two guys, wearing security gaurd uniforms riding on bikes and citing vehicles. I didn't speak to them, but after looking at the vehicles they cited it was obvious that they were citing them for not parking in the spaces correctly.

I saw them write two cites - both of which I thought were BULL.

1. Car parked in a space, pass. rear wheel is ON the inside line of the space (those that have parked here know that the parking spaces have two lines seperating each parking spot) so the car was NOT blockig the other spot at all - in fact there were like 4 inches still to the other spot.

2. Guy who had a ricey VW was parked in a corner. He backed in. On his pass. side was the edge of the garage (so no spot), and between the line of his spot to the wall of the garage was about a foot. So to give himself some space, he parked over that line - not blocking in spots. In fact, he was providing more space to the person next to him to get out and move around. Cited.

I'm sure these aren't legal citations because it's private property and I don't think the security guys there are actual cops, but still, that's bull****. Makes me not want to go to Arden anymore.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:15 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Just dont pay them, they cant do anything. Especialoly if the mall is too cheap to give them cars. Riding bikes? ROFL!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Parking lot ***** in downtown Walnut Creek give out legal citations all the time, and these guys are on foot!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 04:18 PM

hhaha tahts ****ty but they are riding bikes
you should have punched them in the face and stole their jackets
Old 10-02-2003, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
damn... those are the best parking spots in arden and not too many people know about them... in and out for the holiday shopping.

stupid security patrol... they're worse then cops because they think they're "something"

eric
Old 10-02-2003, 09:23 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
Punks!

but then again they are just doing there job. security patrol have quota's just like cops do .

-Phillip
Old 10-02-2003, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Thanks for the warning. In the future, I'll try to do any shopping when the mall stores first open - more parking spots. I don't mind parking further away but I don't like driving around looking for an open spot. Sometimes during the holiday season I leave my car across the street in one of the restaurant parking lots (but I don't browse every single store at Arden Faire, either).

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 10-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Mrs. Scott

During the X-mass session Nortys has valet parking that is free if you buy something from there. Just cruise around the garage to the front of Notrys. Its perfect !!!!!!!!

My mother has raised me well, because when I was also learning how to drive to the city the first thing she taught me was how to drive right into SF straight to Nortys valet, then how to drive right from there to get back on the freeway.

Old 10-02-2003, 10:21 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by WRX Goddess
During the X-mass session Nortys has valet parking that is free if you buy something from there. Just cruise around the garage to the front of Notrys. Its perfect !!!!!!!!
Thanks for the tip, Ms. Goddess, but this won't work for me. I have friends who worked as valet parking attendants in their youth. I know what can happen to my car when I turn the keys over to a stranger.

My mother has raised me well, because when I was also learning how to drive to the city the first thing she taught me was how to drive right into SF straight to Nortys valet, then how to drive right from there to get back on the freeway.
If this helped you become a responsible adult then she has done a noteworthy job. My advice is to never let valet parking take your car. Ever see Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

--
0==WW==0
Old 10-02-2003, 10:59 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
originally posted by Wingless Wonder
Ever see Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Of course. But I don't go to Cubs games after posing as the Sausage King of Chicago.

--
"…I broak seex rebs…" - ahnuld

Last edited by Kevin M; 10-02-2003 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally posted by Wingless Wonder
Thanks for the tip, Ms. Goddess, but this won't work for me. I have friends who worked as valet parking attendants in their youth. I know what can happen to my car when I turn the keys over to a stranger.

If this helped you become a responsible adult then she has done a noteworthy job. My advice is to never let valet parking take your car. Ever see Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

--
0==WW==0
Thats what I'm saying.....I would NEVER let any valet drive my car.....I have personally SEEN some of the isht those valet 'kids' do, especially when they get a nice/fast car.... valet....

However.....your mom sounds like a smart lady....she knows the "no BS" way of getting around....thats always a good thing to know.....but then again sometimes the scenic route is fun too!

-Ted
Old 10-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Mrs. Scott

Tru Tru

I would never leave my baby at the valet, but when we girls go shopping we take the SUV or Truck so we can get all of our bags in the car.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:51 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Tru Tru

I would never leave my baby at the valet, but when we girls go shopping we take the SUV or Truck so we can get all of our bags in the car.
/me watches the bank account get smaller and smaller. ....
Old 10-03-2003, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Tru Tru

You scare me.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by sonicsuby
You scare me.
At least they only take one land yacht per outing. Last time I was near Solano Mall, I saw no less tha FIVE women climb down from their jumbo utes and walk into Macy's together... sheesh...

Quick Reply: WARNING to those parking at Arden Mall