Violent Unrest, Looting and Fires in Baltimore

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 07:18 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Exclamation Violent Unrest, Looting and Fires in Baltimore

For those who might not follow East Coast events, Baltimore went into complete chaos yesterday after the funeral for Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old black man who died in police custody earlier this month. My Baltimore/DC coworkers were saying it was like straight out of the "Purge" movies.

There is a clear line between protest and whatever this **** is. I want whoever is responsible to be held accountable and get fried at the stake extra crispy...but I guess nothing says you supports justice and civil rights these days like destroying/burning down your own churches, random cars, senior folks homes, affordable housings, schools, local businesses (aka entire city's infrastructure where you still gotta live afterwards!!!!)...then looting form them latest pair of Jourdan's and a cold six pack. 'Cause we all know such injustices are clearly caused by high markups and consumerist brainwashing /Sarcasm

Baltimore riots: Looting, fires engulf city - CNN.com

• There were nearly 200 arrests, 144 vehicle fires and 15 structure fires in Baltimore during the unrest that began Monday, said Howard Libit, the city's director of strategic planning and policy.

• More than 500 National Guard members are in Baltimore on Tuesday morning with "hundreds more on the way," the Maryland National Guard reports.

On top of that, Baltimore police warned of a "credible threat" that gangs including the Black Guerilla Family, Bloods, and Crips had agreed to team up to "'take out' law enforcement officers."
National Guard Deployed in Baltimore Amid Riots After Freddie Gray?s Funeral - WSJ

BALTIMORE—National Guard troops fanned out through Baltimore, shield-bearing police officers blocked the streets and firefighters doused still-simmering blazes early Tuesday after riots, looting and violent unrest engulfed swaths of the city Monday.

The unrest came just hours after thousands of people attended a funeral for Freddie Gray , a 25-year-old black man who died in police custody earlier this month.
Violence Breaks Out in Baltimore After Freddie Gray?s Funeral - WSJ

BALTIMORE—Riots, looting and violent unrest engulfed swaths of this city Monday, thrusting it into upheaval just hours after thousands of people attended a funeral for Freddie Gray , a 25-year-old black man who died in police custody earlier this month.

Fifteen officers were injured, and at least 27 people were arrested as Baltimore became the latest national flash point for race relations and law enforcement.

“We’re seeing unprecedented violence throughout the city,” Darryl DeSousa, chief of patrol for the city police department, said at an evening news conference.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan declared a state of emergency Monday evening, activating the Maryland National Guard, which planned to support local police ranks. Maryland State Police troopers arrived on the scene earlier, and thousands of officers from regional forces prepared to head into the city to provide backup.

Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake imposed a citywide 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew beginning Tuesday and lasting at least a week.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 04-28-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm getting tired of this crap. Dude died. I can appreciate the anger there. He was mishandled and it was tragic.

That doesn't mean you go and kill officers. Set buildings and cars on fire that belong to people that had nothing to do with it. Rob from stores that had nothing to do with it. Etc.

It's just a frustrated populace saying... he here's an opening. I'm gonna go get mine. It's ignorant, selfish and pointless. This will serve no purpose. It's not going to get the department to do anything different than it was already doing.

All it's going to accomplish is furthering the gap between those in the department and those that are not. They will just fear and dislike each other more. Creating a LARGER problem than there was in the first place.

Bunch of ignorant ****s.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
That mayor is a dumbass!

And this destruction does nothing more than hurt the city. It's all the ghetto people using this as an excuse to destroy **** and nothing more. They aren't protesting a damn thing.

Last edited by The Law; 04-28-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Law
That mayor is a dumbass!
Eeergh this can probably be said about a large majority of all elected officials (including the last couple presidents). Just because someone is a good at getting elected, does not mean they will be good at anything else...that's why they (hopefully) surround themselves with people that are.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:28 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
latest pair of Jourdan's
Old 04-28-2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

Epic typo
Old 04-28-2015, 11:13 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
#letoaklandburn
#igotplentyofammo
Old 04-28-2015, 12:03 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Name:  V5FCmBB.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  18.9 KB
Old 04-28-2015, 01:09 PM

"Activists vow another night of protests against corrupt police...

Deray McKeeson, a community organizer who was active in Ferguson and is now in Baltimore, said that while he doesn't condone using destruction and violence, he understands it as a way some vent frustrations. "Broken windows are not broken spines," he said.

McKeeson said the Baltimore vandalism, even the injuries to some officers, doesn't compare to the lost lives of Gray and other blacks at the hands of police. That's why he said protesters will remain out in full force, rallying against what they see as systemic injustice.

"Police have continued to kill people," the activist said. "Tonight will be another night where people come out into the streets to confront a system that is corrupt."
So that's what's called community organization and activism by media these days? I am sure next they will portray all of the business owners with guns trying to protect their live hood as true criminals and NRA crazies and these innocent black kids as misguided and true victims of the poverty and class warfare. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 04-28-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
they even set some homes on fire, and this five story building

idiots even threw rocks / cinder blocks at fire trucks !!!!!!!!! they have nothing to do with the excessive police force!

Name:  RB2w0Y1.png
Size:  60.3 KB

video of it
https://www.facebook.com/TheKellyFil...6/?pnref=story

they even CUT the water hoses

Name:  4gFwbi1.png
Size:  400.6 KB

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-28-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Eeergh this can probably be said about a large majority of all elected officials (including the last couple presidents). Just because someone is a good at getting elected, does not mean they will be good at anything else...that's why they (hopefully) surround themselves with people that are.
Steve Kerr for President!

-Brian
Old 04-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Holy shi* this is getting stupid. Screw rubber bullets! If you want to play stupid games, you win stupid prizes! Seems like a lot of these idiots are lead deficient and need some nutrition!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Law
Holy shi* this is getting stupid. Screw rubber bullets! If you want to play stupid games, you win stupid prizes! Seems like a lot of these idiots are lead deficient and need some nutrition!
Inefficient. Can we just technically bomb their areas?!

"Oh, we see you are determined to destroy your neighboorhood and everything that makes it habitable. Well, let us render assistance...click Click BOOM"
Old 04-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Inefficient. Can we just technically bomb their areas?!

"Oh, we see you are determined to destroy your neighboorhood and everything that makes it habitable. Well, let us render assistance...click Click BOOM"
Sniper on rooftops would be a blast
Old 04-28-2015, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by the law
sniper on rooftops would be a blast
Or can we just get OB to go break everyone's kneecaps???

Quick Reply: Violent Unrest, Looting and Fires in Baltimore