Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:56 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Anderson clearly threw that fight... Listen to post fight interview
Old 07-06-2013, 10:06 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
I don't think it was fixed. You can see his eyes roll back when he got caught with the left.

As for retiring, he says he will still fight, just not for the middleweight belt (though that could change if Dana White has anything to do with it). He did recently sign a 10 fight contract.
Its definitely not obvious if it was a fix or not but toying with Bonnar and toying with Weidman are two seperate things. Im calling fix based on his comments and actions that fight. He looked genuinely disinterested. Wouldnt be surprised if people from his camp bet against him that fight. The line on this fight had been dropping in the past few days which makes little sense considering Weidman is unproven against top competition. The way lines drop is if books have inside info or huge amounts of money comes in on Weidman.

Originally Posted by Deniz1980
Anderson clearly threw that fight... Listen to post fight interview
This is might feeling too. What better way to go out than with a huge f you to Dana. I guess time will tell but I dont see him fighting anything other than cans till his contract is up while collecting all the huge paychecks from UFC and his sponsors.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51

EDIT: LOL, Zuffa even pulled the anigif of the finish. *****, man.

Last edited by Choku Dori; 07-07-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:17 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
finally... someone caught him.

I have been waiting for this for year! Now he'll go the way he should have years ago... few more losses and he'll retire.

The bubble is popped.

So much for the super fight. Curious to see if Dana does give Vitor a shot. Probably be a better fight.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:10 AM

Car Info: Big Thanks Jeremy@CrucialRacing and Ed@EQ-Tuning
UFC can easily be fixed, it has one single owner that pretty much controls everything with no one to question him and with low pay out 50-600k per fight, a fighter can be easy be bought out, considering 50-600k is a chump change to amount of money involve with UFC sports gambling (multi-millions)

at the end of the day its all about money,

Last edited by downsti; 07-07-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Blah. Silva always disrespects his opponents, his clowning around is nothing new. He does that in ALL his fights. Dude thinks he's invincible, so he drops his hands, dances around, and showboats. He finally gets caught and everyone thinks the fight is fixed.

The same thing happened in the Antonio Silva vs Alistair Overeem fight. Was that fight fixed too?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Blah. Silva always disrespects his opponents, his clowning around is nothing new. He does that in ALL his fights. Dude thinks he's invincible, so he drops his hands, dances around, and showboats. He finally gets caught and everyone thinks the fight is fixed.

The same thing happened in the Antonio Silva vs Alistair Overeem fight. Was that fight fixed too?
Agree 100%
Old 07-07-2013, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
How can anyone think that was fixed? He was being a clown and got served. GSP called it months ago.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:14 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT

You cant possibly think that Overeem getting cocky mid fight was the same thing as Anderson coming out like a retard and literally not landing a single punch before getting clipped. Fix or not the line made absolutely no sense for this fight considering Weidmans biggest wins were fat Munoz and decisioning Maia.

Even taking the style problems with Weidmans grappling/wrestling, the line should have started at -250/300 and moved to -350/400 in Andersons favor. Instead it moved down to -160 so clearly HUGE money came in on Weidman. Not every fix is a guy taking a dive on a phantom jab.

He never did this level of clowning against Hendo or Vitor so either he thought Weidman was on the level of Bonnar/Griffin and wanted to embarass him badly or fishy stuff happened. Only Anderson knows the truth. We can only speculate from his comments/actions.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:25 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
People think Silva is clowning when in all actuality it's part of his game plan. He is a counter fighter and the only way other fighters will commit to attacking a counter fighter is showing him openings... Anderson got caught that's it. That's the danger of this style. Ppl keep saying he is cocky but if he had dropped Weidman like he did Forest or Okami everyone going to say he's the greatest
Old 07-18-2013, 02:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
You cant possibly think that Overeem getting cocky mid fight was the same thing as Anderson coming out like a retard and literally not landing a single punch before getting clipped. Fix or not the line made absolutely no sense for this fight considering Weidmans biggest wins were fat Munoz and decisioning Maia.

Even taking the style problems with Weidmans grappling/wrestling, the line should have started at -250/300 and moved to -350/400 in Andersons favor. Instead it moved down to -160 so clearly HUGE money came in on Weidman. Not every fix is a guy taking a dive on a phantom jab.

He never did this level of clowning against Hendo or Vitor so either he thought Weidman was on the level of Bonnar/Griffin and wanted to embarass him badly or fishy stuff happened. Only Anderson knows the truth. We can only speculate from his comments/actions.
I agree. When I started reading all this stuff that Anderson was saying I had a feeling he was going down. He went in to the fight thinking he was going to loose. Tells me he wanted to loose.

Easiest way to get another title fight... title money... without having to face Jones. Now he can come back and be the underdog against a guy he knows he can beat.

I personally think he's cocky and showboats in all his fights. It's gotten progressively worse the last 5 fights.

I do understand that that is part of his game plan. He basically comes out for 1 round just doing nothing... makes the other fighter do all the fighting. It gives him 5 minutes to gauge the other fighters timing and reach as well as get under their skin. By the time they come out for the second round they're pissed off and rush him. He finds his opening and bam.

I've always felt that a patient wrestler would be the one to beat him. Every man goes down when the switch is hit.

I am not a fan of his so dive or not... made me happy to see him go down.

It's good for the sport. Guys getting protected by organizations needs to stay in boxing.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Deniz1980
People think Silva is clowning when in all actuality it's part of his game plan. He is a counter fighter and the only way other fighters will commit to attacking a counter fighter is showing him openings... Anderson got caught that's it. That's the danger of this style. Ppl keep saying he is cocky but if he had dropped Weidman like he did Forest or Okami everyone going to say he's the greatest
IF... but he didn't.

Every counter puncher can be beat. ESPECIALLY as they get older... look at chuck and rashad.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:30 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I think the era of Anderson Silva is over. That snap... yeesh.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:35 PM

AND STILL!! THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION...Chris Weidman!!

lol but in all seriousness, what a terrible way to go out for Silva. Leg snapped like a dry spaghetti stick. At his age, I don't see how he can come back from an injury like that.

This is the 2nd time I've seen a leg snap in the UFC. The other (Corey Hill) was probably more gruesome than this one was though, IMO.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I think the era of Anderson Silva is over. That snap... yeesh.
Like a whip hitting a tree.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread