UC Davis, SD, or santa cruz for Econ...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:53 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
WTF??? hairy wookies? Where are you hanging out. I've lived here off and on since 92'. I've also lived all over the bay area and southern california. Santa Cruz has the bay area beat per capita HANDS down and its right there with the good spots in socal. And me personally way way prefer the personalities of the women here over the ones in socal and the bay.

You are correct about the city/county view on schooling and stopping expansion, but quite honestly some of the stuff they've shot down was good to shoot down. The school needs to invest more energy into improving without jacking up the environment...it is santa cruz after all.

aparently you're attracted to dumb blonde's with fake ******* and egos so far up their *** they'll probably never see reality. Which we have plenty of...rich girls...plenty. I went to high school with LOADS of them. Me personally...I'm a fan of tattoos, independant thought and intelligence.

If you stay stuck in the UCSC campus and the places they hang out then what you're seeing is all the people that move here from iowa and nebraska and decide it's cool to be a hairy dike woman's lib. psycho hippy. Those are NOT santa cruz women.

and education wise depending on what you want UCSC has a GREAT rep. Specially with the arts and engineering...other than that I can not speak on it. I go to cabrillo and work.

where the hell do you hang out? and may I join? I dunno, maybe it's because I cant hit up the bar scene yet, I don't meet many diversities of girls. I'm not saying that finding girls in santa cruz is like finding a water in the desert. I'm just saying...don't have really high expectations. Anyways, I'm also gonna add one last thing that maybe other UCSC kids can chime in on. I feel that on campus there is a lot of racial clique-ing, especially with oakes college and whatnot. I mean sure, what college is complete without it, look at cal, their student body is separated, but somehow there is a mutual feeling that everyone is equal. I don't really feel the same here in Santa Cruz. Especially coming from N. Oakland/Berkeley where physical features have pretty much no effect on a person's judgement.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:54 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
and I gotta say this I'm sure it's a close race between santa cruz and davis....but we gots some dank dank dank
Old 04-10-2007, 05:53 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by fizay
and I gotta say this I'm sure it's a close race between santa cruz and davis....but we gots some dank dank dank
Great reason to pick a school
Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Originally Posted by ucbsti
Great reason to pick a school
lol
Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 PM

Car Info: Impreza
I got accepted to Warren College at UCSD for Econ from Jr. college .
Im going to learn as much as I can to obtain some kind of good "suit-job" or possibly go onto Grad School for Econ or Law in about 2yrs(not sure yet).
Availability of different kinds or Internships that are rich in experience are also important bcuz I want to figure out what I want to do for sure.
After reading all the post SD seems to suit me best...

Last edited by mxspl807; 04-11-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 2002MY Impreza WRX
OP: Like I said, what od you want to do? If you know you're going to go to graduate school soon right after, then go to the easiest school and get a 4.0. Yes, colleges will compare you between schools, but a 4.0 from SJSU is much better than a 3.4 from UCB.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:57 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by mxspl807
I got accepted to Warren College at UCSD for Econ from Jr. college .
Im going to learn as much as I can to obtain some kind of good "suit-job" or possibly go onto Grad School for Econ or Law in about 2yrs(not sure yet).
Availability of different kinds or Internships that are rich in experience are also important bcuz I want to figure out what I want to do for sure.
After reading all the post SD seems to suit me best...
sd is a sick place ull like it when ur down here next yr just hit me up ive started to go to hella car meets down here and i just joined a car club here on campus of which ill be a board member next year. You can check the website out at importsucsd.com
Old 04-12-2007, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 1988 Carrera & 2013 Carrera S
Originally Posted by indolegend89
oh yea true but its weird the main two frats on campus or lamdas and pikes and im not white or asian haha so i dont really fit in
Lamdas? They have ~20 members and are probably the smallest fraternity on campus. The three main legitimate fraternities are Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu and Pike, and they have no correlation with race or religion of any kind. Your personality will determine in which fraternity you belong, not your race.

Check it out, you really have the wrong view of greek life at UCSD.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:20 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
Lamdas? They have ~20 members and are probably the smallest fraternity on campus. The three main legitimate fraternities are Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu and Pike, and they have no correlation with race or religion of any kind. Your personality will determine in which fraternity you belong, not your race.

Check it out, you really have the wrong view of greek life at UCSD.
Yea maybe i do ey im part of the board for imports ucsd good to see u joined hopefully ill see u at some events
Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 02 bugeye with tune by Ed
im bias but UCD. Awesome school. We have a really good Man. Econ. major here too. Sets you up for either grad school or a job out the door. Tough school but def. obtainable. I say UCD. D1, nuff said.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Aggie Pack FTW.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
Is it easy blending in with everyone else as a transfer? Because probably half the people there attended straight from high school and have been there already for 2 or so years.
I'm thinking about going 2 years community college then transferring because i'm not sure what i want to do yet.

On a side note, are there any renown car mechanic schools around here? I'm contemplating about becoming a mechanic.

Last edited by DeZt; 04-12-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:18 PM

Yeah. I don't think it is too bad. I think it is just hard knowing where all the buildings are. I have two or three friends that transferred in this year.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
Ohh, friends from high school?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:19 PM

People I met in class.

Quick Reply: UC Davis, SD, or santa cruz for Econ...?