Toyota FT-86 concept at Geneva (Conglomerated FRS/BRZ thread)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:51 PM

yea LFA doesn't count and ISF doesn't cut it, especially for the cost. If it was minus 20k, might too desire.

It pretty much comes down to price for me. Im ok with 200hp but if they try to jack up the price, boy you might as well give scions eulogy now.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Lol okay Mike, I can see its important for you to feel that toyota is somehow still commited to making performance cars so ill just stop here before we derail the thread any further. Suffice to say, the last thing to come out with a toyota badge that could somewhat be called sports car was the last celica that hasn't been made for what, 7 or 8 years? That's really a shame, especially for a company that was in F1 pretty much the whole time since then.
celica all trac mmmmmmmmmm that was awesome.

i ate 11 tacos for lunch I am running out of steam. They are not committed like Mazda. But they do make performance models. I am not looking to argue how great or how affordable they are. I am saying they are there.

Every car through the years has become bloated. You can see the worst of it in the T bird. They become safer and get better mileage. Even the Miata has gained over 300lbs
Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
yea LFA doesn't count and ISF doesn't cut it, especially for the cost. If it was minus 20k, might too desire.

It pretty much comes down to price for me. Im ok with 200hp but if they try to jack up the price, boy you might as well give scions eulogy now.
Price is what makes or breaks a performance car for you and womb it seems.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:58 PM

Yeah I just can't fathom paying 30k for a 200hp car.

any idea when these things will be at the stealerships? and or when they will have information on them available at the dealer?
Old 05-27-2011, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by sigma pi
celica all trac mmmmmmmmmm that was awesome
Check my garage yo!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:36 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan

i ate 11 tacos for lunch I am running out of steam.
You're just converting from steam powered to gas powered.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Sounds like you are talking about a Miata. cheap and fun to drive.
Toyota does not make the Miata.

Why is this one doomed?
Really? You are not paying attention.

celica all trac mmmmmmmmmm that was awesome.

i ate 11 tacos for lunch I am running out of steam. They are not committed like Mazda. But they do make performance models. I am not looking to argue how great or how affordable they are. I am saying they are there.

Every car through the years has become bloated. You can see the worst of it in the T bird. They become safer and get better mileage. Even the Miata has gained over 300lbs
The All-Trac ended in 1993. I had one of the last 92 made, and yes - it was awesome.

Whoa - you have maxed my monthly taco-quota in one day. Nice! Toyota does not currently offer a performance or sports car. Obviously since the LFA costs $400k and you are not allowed to buy one, it doesn't really count for this conversation. They are not there. Just FYI.

The T-Bird is probably one of the worst examples of growth-bloat out there. It's smaller, lighter and more powerful than previous models.

Yes, cars have become safer for people who should not be allowed to drive, and they most definitely in fact do not get better mileage. Now a sub-compact is awesome if it clears 30mpg where in the days of the Civic CVCC, 40-50mpg was not unheard of. Just one of many, many examples.

Price is what makes or breaks a performance car for you and womb it seems.
What? I have no idea why you posted that, so suffice it to say I am all done posting.

Sheezusss. Not much has changed around here I guess.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:46 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Yeah I just can't fathom paying 30k for a 200hp car.

any idea when these things will be at the stealerships? and or when they will have information on them available at the dealer?
well when you put it that way
paddle shifters!

Originally Posted by flukewrx
You're just converting from steam powered to gas powered.
Oh yeah hahahah and I purged 4 out just now
Old 05-27-2011, 03:47 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by queeg9k
Check my garage yo!
how do i do that?
Old 05-27-2011, 03:59 PM

how do i do that?
You drive a super star destroyer I drive a.....

however it did just blow a head gasket.

Last edited by queeg9k; 05-27-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: head gasket
Old 05-27-2011, 04:07 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
hope that paddle shifter doesnt have a lot of lag
Old 05-27-2011, 04:09 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Whoa - you have maxed my monthly taco-quota in one day. Nice! Toyota does not currently offer a performance or sports car. Obviously since the LFA costs $400k and you are not allowed to buy one, it doesn't really count for this conversation. They are not there. Just FYI.

The T-Bird is probably one of the worst examples of growth-bloat out there. It's smaller, lighter and more powerful than previous models.

Yes, cars have become safer for people who should not be allowed to drive, and they most definitely in fact do not get better mileage. Now a sub-compact is awesome if it clears 30mpg where in the days of the Civic CVCC, 40-50mpg was not unheard of. Just one of many, many examples.

Sheezusss. Not much has changed around here I guess.
The tacos were freaking great.
If you had the means you could go get a LFA. You would be driving it around. Seems like you can get one.

Toyota does not make a car for you. It is that simple. How many cars could they sell with you got the exact car you want? They would go out of business in a few years. Their performance cars are not your cup of tea.

Civic Hybrid gets 44 mpg according to the EPA sticker. It is more safe and is heavier. I can not find the original sticker from the CVCC and EPA changed up the rating system a few years ago.

54 thunder bird

74 thunder bird
Old 05-27-2011, 04:15 PM

74 thunder bird
:b arf:
Old 05-27-2011, 04:21 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by queeg9k
:b arf:
yeah it was bad
Old 05-27-2011, 04:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Oh all right, you got me back for one more. If you keep changing the topic so that you can seem "correct" from a certain perspective, this could go on all day! This is what's wrong with the internet.

The tacos were freaking great.
If you had the means you could go get a LFA. You would be driving it around. Seems like you can get one.
The last article I read in Automobile magazine about the LFA said very plainly that if you had the cash for one, you could not buy one unless Lexus contacted you to be one of the people they want seen driving their cars. You also are not allowed to own out out-right for a certain amount of time (forgot how long) just like some Ferraris. This is not common knowledge, but it is true and it done so that people do not speculate on already expensive cars. Maybe things have changed, but last I read in an actual magazine, you would not be ALLOWED to purchase a Lexus LFA unless Lexus marketing selected you. They even had an application program with an online form and an 800 number for interviews. Maybe things have changed.

Toyota does not make a car for you. It is that simple.
Yes, they do. But, we are not talking about a car for ME, we are talking about a sports car or a sporting car. Toyota does not make a sports or performance oriented car that fits this conversation. You know this. I believe you are just messing with me right now.

Civic Hybrid gets 44 mpg according to the EPA sticker. It is more safe and is heavier. I can not find the original sticker from the CVCC and EPA changed up the rating system a few years ago.
Civic hybrid? Oooh let's compare fuel mileage against a Nissan Leaf next.

If you take cars that are comparable, the best Civic mileage is the HX which tops at 41. The next best is 36mpg which is pretty close to the 35mpg I mentioned a couple posts ago. Don't take my word for it, go look for yourself. It's not hard to find fuel mileage ratings on older cars. Also, fun fact - the Geo Metro was rated at 54mpg.

54 thunder bird

74 thunder bird
Really? A quick trip to Wikipedia will show you that the model following the one you posted was in fact 900 lbs lighter!!!! The one following that was even lighter and the one that died in 2005 is a pretty nice car for the sporting grampa.

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect about all of this.

Okay, now I am done.

I hope. Please tell me I'm done.

Quick Reply: Toyota FT-86 concept at Geneva (Conglomerated FRS/BRZ thread)