the ticket thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM

Car Info: nothing
the ticket thread

so i still have yet to get a ticket. I've been driving for about 5 years(i'm 20 years old, 21 feb 8th woo woo!)

Story 1 - YESTERDAY I was doing "43" in a "25" according to the cop that pulled me over. He was coming from the over side of the road and flipped around once he passed me, so when he pulled me over he asked for my info and everything and told me i was doing 43 in a 25, pretty much he let me go WITHOUT a ticket :RockOn - not mine:

Story 2 - back in 2006 i did an illegal u-turn and a cop let me go without a ticket also.

so what are your guys's ticket/ticketless/cop stories? Anyone else ticketless like me?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:18 PM

Car Info: '05 OBP WRX
i'm 19 and have 2 tickets, both before i turned 18 and both off my record. had to do driving probation for one ticket i got (following to closely...) other was a non-moving violation, i'm lucky with cops
Old 01-16-2008, 03:38 PM

I had been driving for 20 years before I got my first ticket. It was for 75mph on I-280, which I was doing, but I thought it was a little harsh given that it was at 11pm and the road was empty.

I got let off maybe 5 or 6 times in the UK - each time they said I was being a little too enthusiastic, but they'd let it go. Having said that, I never drove aggresively or inappropriately fast for the conditions, so I think that's why I got let off so many times.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:47 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Been driving since 16.5 now 22 and no tickets nor accidents. Knock on wood.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:48 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Been driving since 16.5 now 22 and no tickets nor accidents. Knock on wood.
you're lucky with the accidents. I've been involved in multiple, all none being my fault. Not to mention having to park in a dorm parking lot *sigh*

got 2 tickets, almost within a week of eachother, right after 6 months of having my license. Requested trial by declaration, but the judge was a jerk and said "I want to see your beautiful face before me again" and since I was under 18, you have to request it in person.

One cop didn't show up, got the ticket for another one, went to traffic school, and haven't had one since.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Car Info: Sline
I got a ticket the day before I turned 18 for doing 72 in a 55. The cop handed it back to me saying "Happy Birthday".
Old 01-16-2008, 04:04 PM

Car Info: '05 OBP WRX
Originally Posted by jvick125
I got a ticket the day before I turned 18 for doing 72 in a 55. The cop handed it back to me saying "Happy Birthday".
harsh
Old 01-16-2008, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
17 and have 1 ticket

70 in a 55, it was late, the road was perfectly straight and there was no one for miles. kinda lame but o well
Old 01-16-2008, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
from 16-21 years

17 years old- 85mph in 45 (mtn highway all straight 4 lane) all day traffic school teh sux

21 years old- 85mph in 65 (freeway).................................... 1 hour online traffic schoolFTMFW!!!

the 85 in a 45 sucked because i was coming over the crest of a hill and the cop passed me and turned around...i didnt think they were allowed to cross double double yellow lines! LOL!
At least i found out an 85 Prelude Si can beat a friends NA FCRX7

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 01-16-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
I was on the phone with my fiance, after just getting out of the drive through of Jack in the box. She says "did you get the Sweet and Sour Sauce?" for the egg rolls. I was like oh shizzza, so I get pissed get into the left turn lane to flip a uey. Then there is traffic coming so I floor it and powerslide in front of them, while on the phone, then gun it up to 45 in a 35 and guess what there is a cop on a motorcycle right there!!!! He pulls in behind me and pulls me over. He walks up and asks for my ID. Then He says,

Cop: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: no.
Cop: "you are not supposed to pull out in front of traffic if they are within 200 feet."
Me: "Oh well I forgot sweet and sour sauce so I was making a u turn to go get it. My fiance wants it for her food."
Cop: "did you see the cars?"
Me: "Ya didnt you see me mash on the gas?"
then he tried not to laugh.
Cop: did you see me?"
Me: "no not until I turned around.."
Cop: "hows your driving record?"
Me: "Perfect"
Cop: "Perfect!?! you arn't lying are you?"
Me: No I say.
Cop: "You dont look like a liar....have a nice day"

and no ticket.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:50 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
nice...i wouldve given you a ticket!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
hmm.. im 18.. pulled over about 6 times i belive.

1. violation of provisional lisence... had my gf in the car with me
2. alltered emmisions/fix it ticket... got smogged and paid 15 dollars
3. speeding 39 in a 25 by a photo radar... got dissmissed
4. another alltered emissions/fix it ticket.... used same paper work from last time =] so another 15 dollars..
5. carpool ticket... i was in it for 15 secs at most on a local makin a right onto a mainstreet... automatically in a carpool lane when i made a right... cop gave me a ticket anyways.. it was nov 30 when i got my ticket...
6. speeding.. 60 in a 35... my dash said 55 and i could have sworn that the sign infront like 10 car lengths down was 45mph...
and thats it...
Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
ok.. im 17 and i got a lmae ticket for something i didnt do.. yes i am saying that the cop is a liar!!!!

i was diving down hwy 4 in a group of cars and i am driving past a cop on my passenger side while on the driver side going the other way was my mom! mind u this was at an intersection when the line of traffic i was in was going 72 ish in a 65! i was the center of 15 cars!

i wave at my mom and i see the cop, my radar detector is going off like no other and i drive past thinking ok.. nothing will happen.. wrong! the next thing i see is the cop pulling out behind the line of cars behind me.. i think oh.. hes gunna get the last car! wrong again! he starts passing cars over double yellows and in places i wouldnt even think about passing with cars coming the other way!

so as i am driving he get behind me about 3 miles after i first saw him!.. he waits about 30 seconds, hits the lights and i pull over.. here is how it went!

cop: do u know y i pulled u over?
me: no clue whatso ever
cop: i saw u passing over an intersection going 83 MPH
me: where was this at?
cop: explains where it was at
me: i did not do that, i was in the center of traffic in the same place u pulled me over at.
cop: dont try and lie to me son, i am the law and i can say what ever i saw u doing
me: i am not argueing with u! i didnt do it and i wont be treated like a kid just because u feel like being a jerk!
cop: well u also dont have ur front license plate as i just saw after pulling u over, i am putting that on the ticket too.. i said fine, whatever.. do what u want!

he walks back to the car for about 10 minutes, he comes back and asks me to sign the ticket. i do and then i ask!

me: y are u giving me a ticket for something i didnt do?
cop: becasue i can
me: is it because i have this car?
cop: partly yes and partly no, partly no is because ur age
me: so basically u are jealous that at 16 i have a nicer car than u have now? i work my *** off to offord this car and now u are gunna give me a ticket for u being a ****ing dick and being jealous?
cop: yes
me: whatever
cop: u may go
me: i plan on it!

i left drove down for another 1.5 hours flipping every CHP officer off because that was the first time i got pulled over by CHP and the only ticket was from CHP... **** them!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
yea chp are dicks now adays... my instructor at class is telling me that they are now getting trained to tell if a car has any modded parts and to see if a car can pass smog or not just by smelling it... i think its a complete set of bs but then again... its chp...
Old 01-16-2008, 07:16 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
yea chp are dicks now adays... my instructor at class is telling me that they are now getting trained to tell if a car has any modded parts and to see if a car can pass smog or not just by smelling it... i think its a complete set of bs but then again... its chp...
well i know the smell test doesnt work cause my car smelt like **** when i had two cats in it! hahahaha.. now it is just a little stronger! just ask anyone who went to my first meet and drive.. i had my stock dp and mid pipe then! my car smelt like a ****! and now it just smells like stornger smell !
but not much worse!

Quick Reply: the ticket thread