Thank you, inattentive Nissan Titan driver...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:59 AM

Car Info: Java Black 04' STI
Originally Posted by buzzword
update: Titan driver = no insurance. she called me to tell me as such.
Can't believe she had the stones to actually call you to tell you. I love to hear the choice words you had for her!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
The titan might have been a salvage title already. I know of one down the street that was bought and fixed for under 7k. Still ****ty about the insurance part. Atleast your insurance can cover it and you should be able to sue for your deductible + hassle fees back.

Ive heard horror stories with people trying to sue for big amounts and never getting their money.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
The titan might have been a salvage title already. I know of one down the street that was bought and fixed for under 7k. Still ****ty about the insurance part. Atleast your insurance can cover it and you should be able to sue for your deductible + hassle fees back.

Ive heard horror stories with people trying to sue for big amounts and never getting their money.
Uninsured motorist provisions almost always have no deductible applied to the insured, so there should be no need to sue under normal claim circumstances. It's when the other party is underinsured that things can get messy in court, especially when the insured's own insurance doesn't step up to bat for him (unfortunately that does happen sometimes, even with the big companies).

It seems like the only possible mess in this claim would be the value of the Forester in regards to repairs versus total loss valuation. Best of luck in getting a good, fair settlement!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:09 PM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Uninsured motorist provisions almost always have no deductible applied to the insured, so there should be no need to sue under normal claim circumstances. It's when the other party is underinsured that things can get messy in court, especially when the insured's own insurance doesn't step up to bat for him (unfortunately that does happen sometimes, even with the big companies).
qft - hoping they don't try and lowball me too hard. I know what my car is worth, and that it was literally 99.9% perfect. some tiny, almost imperceptible scratches.

It seems like the only possible mess in this claim would be the value of the Forester in regards to repairs versus total loss valuation. Best of luck in getting a good, fair settlement!

Heard back from the adjuster a few minutes ago. Wait for it..... total loss! ~$15k in damage. Now to figure out if I am going to let them have it, or buy it back and use the drivetrain to make something apocalyptically awesome. Either way, I'm gonna end up with all my parts. The adjuster told me as long as I put it back to stock, she doesn't care. I told her to put it in writing so I expect that will be in my inbox any time. I'll know tomorrow what my options are in terms of payout, buy back, etc.

As an aside, FML.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:19 PM

As another aside, I am tentatively putting my feelers out for stock parts. I have all the exhaust stuff, but I need the following:

-02 to 05 wrx, rs, or forester brake calipers/rotors
-2.5L stock intercooler
-td04
-stock 5mt shifter linkage
-stock rs, wrx tr, or forester front seats

If you have any of this stuff please post here or send me a PM with your asking price. Help me not get screwed here, please!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
As another aside, I am tentatively putting my feelers out for stock parts. I have all the exhaust stuff, but I need the following:

-02 to 05 wrx, rs, or forester brake calipers/rotors
-2.5L stock intercooler
-td04
-stock 5mt shifter linkage
-stock rs, wrx tr, or forester front seats

If you have any of this stuff please post here or send me a PM with your asking price. Help me not get screwed here, please!
Walt,

You know I got your wheels for you!!!

Let me check tonight,

I may have my old td04, I may have some old rotors too, I'll just have to check.

~gus
Old 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM

Moving water bottle to avoid accident instead actually cause an accident.

Wow, you should mail that broad a letter that says "FAIL"
Old 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
qft - hoping they don't try and lowball me too hard. I know what my car is worth, and that it was literally 99.9% perfect. some tiny, almost imperceptible scratches.

Heard back from the adjuster a few minutes ago. Wait for it..... total loss! ~$15k in damage. Now to figure out if I am going to let them have it, or buy it back and use the drivetrain to make something apocalyptically awesome. Either way, I'm gonna end up with all my parts. The adjuster told me as long as I put it back to stock, she doesn't care. I told her to put it in writing so I expect that will be in my inbox any time. I'll know tomorrow what my options are in terms of payout, buy back, etc.

As an aside, FML.
Ouch man! On the bright side, you ended up with a pretty cool adjuster/insurance company -- some companies are **** about mods and try to get away with not covering them as much as possible. Also, smart of you to get everything in writing!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Got my settlement offer. It's very good - and I'm keeping my car.

I have some deals in the works for a new vehicle, but still tentatively on the lookout for an 05/06 STi that's relatively stock and has low-ish miles. Willing to travel. I flew to LA to pick up my FXT, so I'm not scared to do it again if I have to.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:09 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Got my settlement offer. It's very good - and I'm keeping my car.

I have some deals in the works for a new vehicle, but still tentatively on the lookout for an 05/06 STi that's relatively stock and has low-ish miles. Willing to travel. I flew to LA to pick up my FXT, so I'm not scared to do it again if I have to.
Great news bro!

~gus
Old 04-12-2011, 03:22 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
That was a nice looking ride. What a shame.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:51 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
Glad to hear that your insurance is talking care of you.

So how much were you able to buy back your car for?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by silver mojo
glad to hear that your insurance is talking care of you.

So how much were you able to buy back your car for?
<$1k
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
<$1k
!!!!

what insurance do you have??
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 PM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
Pm'd!

Quick Reply: Thank you, inattentive Nissan Titan driver...