Texas McGangBang

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Texas McGangBang

This post is full of so much win it hurts!

The Texas McGangBang or, just McGangBang, is a McDonoalds McChicken sandwich served inside a double cheeseburger. It's not great for you, but since both items are on the dollar menu it's a great value at just $2.19 with tax in most places. The origin is a bit of a mystery and it goes back to a post on UrbanDictionary back in 2006, claiming it was started in Daytona Beach, Florida. For some reason, people seem to think you can only order pre-constructed from a McDonalds in College Station, Texas but it's been ordered elsewhere. The 2011 WRX STI is upgraded much like the McGangBang, but Desu-San-Desu has another sandwich in mind for his final meal/drive.

I tend to have the kind of double-edged luck that often has people remark "That really sucks that this happened to you...again. But you know what? You're really lucky to be alive." Unfortunate circumstances just seem to befall me on a more regular basis than is considered normal.

Despite this, I am still somewhat of a thrill seeker and would appear to many as being unconcerned about the threat of death. A lot of times those who've known me for some time will see me still take risks despite my track record of horrible luck and they often ask me:

"Do you have a death wish?"

Whenever I am asked this question, I always tell them the same story: When I was 12 years old, I got my first job, working for $6.00 an hour under the table at a truck stop owned by a friend's father. I started out just doing stocking and custodial work, but when Pete, the owner, found out I knew how to cook from my dad (who'd started me making all the family meals at the age of 10), he decided to have me take over in the kitchen so he could man the register uninterrupted.

Within 3 months, I knew all the menu items and on my lunch breaks would experiment with new food items which Pete and I would try and if they were good enough, we'd place them on the "Deluxe Special" menu, where the newly created items cost substantially more, but you could customize them if you wished when ordering.

My most famous creation was a sandwich called the "Mississippi Queen." The standard configuration was the most popular and it rarely was customized because most people considered it perfect the way it was:

Two pieces of buttered and lightly garlic-coated Texas toast with melted cheddar cheese on them. Between them was a chicken-friend steak topped with mashed potatoes, a little chicken gravy, sweet corn, 4 strips of bacon, and a slice of pepperjack cheese. This was assembled and then press-cooked on the griddle and served hot on a plate surrounded by onion rings and curly fries smothered in more gravy.

It was a huge hit. People loved it. And I'm pretty sure a lot of the people who were seen eating it were asked "Do you have a death wish?" But they always kept on eating.

If you asked me today if I had a death wish, I would say no. I just enjoy the guilty pleasures in life because I know life is fleeting.

However, were I to actually have a death wish and I wanted to die a happy man with no regrets, I have a feeling my final moments would involve Tommi Mäkinen doing a speed lap around the Nürburgring in a prototype 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI while I'm in the passenger seat munching on a Mississippi Queen and listening to Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" on the stereo at full volume.

Because if I die, I just wish it to be while I'm doing just that.
http://jalopnik.com/5559522/commente...ngbang-edition
Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Yea my friend orders this all the time from McDonalds in Cupertino, they know what it is and how to make it
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
However, were I to actually have a death wish and I wanted to die a happy man with no regrets, I have a feeling my final moments would involve Tommi Mäkinen doing a speed lap around the Nürburgring in a prototype 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI while I'm in the passenger seat munching on a Mississippi Queen and listening to Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" on the stereo at full volume.
Because if I die, I just wish it to be while I'm doing just that.
cant argue with that.

BTW, "Texas McGangBang" is my new **** name
Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru STI
Originally Posted by Krinkov
cant argue with that.

BTW, "Texas McGangBang" is my new **** name
lol. what was your old **** name
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
This is pretty much my go-to combo whenever I go to McD's. Order a McChicken and a McDouble!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:31 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by WRX-23
If you have to ask, you don't wanna know!!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Car Info: (RiP)05 STi...tears
I remember woring at McDonalds and making these! I made them with the Big Mac one time and that ish was amazing
Old 06-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by WRX-23
going by the old dog name/street name method it was "Jake McDowell" which is also pretty damn awesome
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 07 black piggy STI, 1996 Integra LS
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Yea my friend orders this all the time from McDonalds in Cupertino, they know what it is and how to make it
We can actually just order it like this over here?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by ouji
We can actually just order it like this over here?
Yep, the only people I've seen order this were in the South Bay, not in Texas haha
Old 06-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
lol i order this rather than a meal..
Old 06-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX
Had one of these last night when i got off work, I have a pretty big apetite and if I eat this I actually get pretty full. It feels like your eating more than just 2 things off the dollar menu seperately. So much bread haha
Old 06-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
when i need a heart attack, i go here. http://www.heartattackgrill.com
Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
If you have to ask, you don't wanna know!!
true lol
Old 06-11-2010, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
going by the old dog name/street name method it was "Jake McDowell" which is also pretty damn awesome
nice...classy but yet ****-ish lol

Quick Reply: Texas McGangBang