Tesla drivers = worse than BMW drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:14 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Tesla drivers = worse than BMW drivers?

Is it me, or has anyone else noted. Any time I come up on a Tesla, or see one come up on me. The drivers have a smug look, and will almost predictably cut people off, or do other little "dick moves"?

I had one the other day, going 55 in the fast lane, matching speed with the car in the slow lane. I gave him a POLITE little flash of my lights to say "hey I want to pass, mind moving over"...and what did I get, a smug look, and a finger.

So I passed him finally when the guy in the slow lane saw what Mr tesla was doing. Part of me was tempted to road rage brake check the ****er but, not worth my time.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Mmmmm... Nope. Seem fine to me. I see them everywhere on my commute to the peninsula and I find them to be just fine.

Euro drivers and Prius drivers are much worse.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:35 AM

Car Info: 04 wagon
I was headed to work in the morning and had a guy slow down beside me in a tesla on 280 wearing a business suit/tie. He matched my speed for about 10 secs without ever looking at me so I didnt read to much into it, then he nails the gas and takes off blowing through traffic. I think he was racing me in his mind so you might be onto something here. I still have the worst luck with Prius & g35's though, bmw drivers have been good to me.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:23 AM

Car Info: WRX
Tesla drivers have never been a problem for me. The worst drivers I see are ghetto hoopties, and priuses. A small minority of E36. To be honest other subaru drivers can be pretty bad.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 AM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
I notice most of the douche bags are the P85's. I've literally had one try to race.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
PLENTY of those in Los Altos... I had a guy yell at me for being so loud.

But I still believe Prius>BMW>Tesla.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
I was working at this house and the owner has a Tesla, cool *** dude, retired rocket scientist.

After we were done working, I let him drive my STi and he let me drive his Tesla. The Tesla is a very nice ride, I can't believe how much space is in that car.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 AM

Car Info: a blue car.
So far, the Tesla drivers have not been as aggravating over in the East Bay. I've only been ignored, which I'd rather prefer.

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
But I still believe Prius>BMW>Tesla.
I think Audi (especially the higher S models) should go somewhere in between too.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
They seem to enjoy their cars, so I haven't seen anyone driving like an idiot in one. They take pride in their car, so they drive cautiously.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Nope. They've been pleasant as peaches up here in the North Bay.

-Brian
Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 PM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
Originally Posted by Overbear
I gave him a POLITE little flash of my lights to say "hey I want to pass, mind moving over"...and what did I get, a smug look, and a finger.
Sadly, flashing your lights is never considered polite in North America, ever. It's almost like asking for the exact opposite you're trying to achieve and to antagonize the other driver. It only works in Europe.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
I agree with the flashing lights statement. People on the road are too stupid to understand the signal even if they are driving 40 in the fast lane on 17 with a line of 7 behind them.
I find it faster and much less stressful on my commute to just ignore their dumbness and pass wen safe.
My most hated thing is when dbags tailgate you in light traffic and honk, when i have 2 cars in front and to my side where would you like me to move?
Windshield wiper attack usually gets them to back off
Old 01-03-2014, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by pleiad7
Sadly, flashing your lights is never considered polite in North America, ever. It's almost like asking for the exact opposite you're trying to achieve and to antagonize the other driver. It only works in Europe.
Truer words have never been spoken...sadly. The other tactic they employ in Europe is to turn on the left turn signal in the number one lane and hang it close to the left lane line so as to say, "yes, I would like to pass you on that side good sir". A bit less "hostile" towards the other driver, but rarely noticed in the US

-Brian
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 2000 Echo 1989 Camry All-Trac
I work by the Tesla plant in Fremont so the area's pretty infested with them. Most are ok, almost wonder why they aren't gunning them more, seen a share not signaling, but that's a beef to be had with any driver.

BMers traditionally have a worse record in my book, but then again they've been on the road all my life. Bigger sample size and longer observation interval.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:58 PM

Car Info: should i get brz, bro?
don't sweat it, tesla's novelty is wearing off. i've seen one on a wrecker (oops!) and many covered in layers of dust and grime.

Quick Reply: Tesla drivers = worse than BMW drivers?