Sunday Night HBO Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX sedan
Sunday Night HBO Thread

Anyone else find sunday night HBO programming to be way above par?

I've been watching True Blood and Hung from the get go. I'm liking them both this season a lot. I've always liked entourage but I think its lost its steam and they either do the same boring story lines over and over, or they just do some stupid thing like turning Vince into Lindsay Lohan. Anyone want to talk HBO?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I was into Hung last season but I don't like it as much this season. His pimp bugs me. She is ugly to look at and annoying to listen to. True blood is awesome. I've already read all the books so I know the story line.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 AM

Hung is pretty good this season. Im not 100% sure but I think his wife wants him back or something. Tonya is pretty annoying, I like his other pimp though.

Is the TV show even close to the books? I thought lafayette was dead in the books.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Sunday HBO is sick...true blood I have not watched but hung an Entourage are awesome
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 2006 AW WRX | 2010 e90 335i M-Sport
+1 for Entourage!!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by skeeler
Hung is pretty good this season. Im not 100% sure but I think his wife wants him back or something. Tonya is pretty annoying, I like his other pimp though.

Is the TV show even close to the books? I thought lafayette was dead in the books.
Lafayette is dead in the books, but his character was so liked on the show they kept him around. The books are all about Sookie. So they only talk about the things that happen to Sookie. So all the side stories involving Tara and Jason and Lafayette are up to the readers to imagine what they would be doing. But this is the 3rd season, it's pretty much the third book. So that would mean that Alcide is introduced, Bill was abducted by a vampire and held captive. Things that have happened are following closely. I don't like that they made Debbie so white trash and she's not a Were in the books. But so far they are keeping close to the books.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Debbie is alcides ex right? I am so confused by her. I thought she wasnt a werewolf, then after she gets branded she became one some how? I think that cant be right because it is so dumb. Also, if she was a werewolf why didnt she just kill snooki as a wolf? she only changes when she runs away, that was dumb.

Please tell me Tara dies some time soon, I cant stand her.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 2015 FXT
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I was into Hung last season but I don't like it as much this season. His pimp bugs me. She is ugly to look at and annoying to listen to. True blood is awesome. I've already read all the books so I know the story line.
+1 on his pimp, she is butt ugly. Now Lenore is pretty hott... I have something for red heads! I don't know what it is about True Blood but I can't stand it. I watched a few episodes and just couldn't get myself to watch another one. Started watching Entourage since it first started and it seem to be the same kinda thing, but its still good...
Old 08-09-2010, 10:20 AM

Hung is pretty good, so I took it as the assistant coach will just be seeing the rich lady because he is interested? I was wondering if Tonya was gonna get another wh0re any time soon. Probably not though.

Entourage is definitely the same thing over and over. I read that this is the last full season. Next season will be like 6 episodes. Then there are talks of a movie.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
I love Sunday night HBO!!! True Blood and Entourage FTW! Ari is a boss! And his wife is freakin hot.

Lafayette is dead in the books, but his character was so liked on the show they kept him around. The books are all about Sookie. So they only talk about the things that happen to Sookie. So all the side stories involving Tara and Jason and Lafayette are up to the readers to imagine what they would be doing. But this is the 3rd season, it's pretty much the third book. So that would mean that Alcide is introduced, Bill was abducted by a vampire and held captive. Things that have happened are following closely. I don't like that they made Debbie so white trash and she's not a Were in the books. But so far they are keeping close to the books.

I've also read all the books, enjoyed the series very much. I want to spoil it for so many of my friends (like what Hotshot is all about) but they never let me lol. They diverted a lot from the book in season 2 but seem to be, more or less, back on track with season 3. I'm glad they kept Lafayette around, he's awesome. I hate that they have so much Tara, she's annoying. I want Sookie to get with Eric! (or Alcide, both are delicious)

Debbie is alcides ex right? I am so confused by her. I thought she wasnt a werewolf, then after she gets branded she became one some how? I think that cant be right because it is so dumb. Also, if she was a werewolf why didnt she just kill snooki as a wolf? she only changes when she runs away, that was dumb.

She was branded as one of the vampire werewolves, the ones that work for Edgington. She was always a wolf. They do so much dumb crap. I woulda just shot her as soon as I saw her.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

In the books I believe she's just a regular shifter. If they follow the books she'll continue into the next season. She's pretty much a coward.

Tara is not as nearly annoying in the books. But then you rarely ever hear about here in the books. And she's not black in the books, guess they wanted some more diversity in the show. She is really annoying but the story line with vampire Franklin was hilarious. I was enjoying that one.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PenguinPrincess
I love Sunday night HBO!!! True Blood and Entourage FTW! Ari is a boss! And his wife is freakin hot.

I've also read all the books, enjoyed the series very much. I want to spoil it for so many of my friends (like what Hotshot is all about) but they never let me lol. They diverted a lot from the book in season 2 but seem to be, more or less, back on track with season 3. I'm glad they kept Lafayette around, he's awesome. I hate that they have so much Tara, she's annoying. I want Sookie to get with Eric! (or Alcide, both are delicious)
I know, but if anybody watched the mini-sodes they had before the season started they could put 2 and 2 together if they really thought about it. There was one with Jason in the woods and there was something in there with him. I'm not gonna say what. Let other people figure it out when the time comes. Yea Lafayette's character is so funny. "Listen hooker" Well the Sookie/Eric story should be coming soon. I was really surprised they introduced Claudine so early. Although I am disappointed as she is not nearly as good looking as they made her out to be in the book.

She was branded as one of the vampire werewolves, the ones that work for Edgington. She was always a wolf. They do so much dumb crap. I woulda just shot her as soon as I saw her.
I know, kill her off.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I was somehow thinking this was about softcore pr0n and boxing... but i've obviously clicked into a straight up gossip girls thread... and there is only ONE girl in there!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Well the Sookie/Eric story should be coming soon.
I can't wait!!! And they ended Alcide and Sookie's really fast. Maybe it will pick back up =)

I was really surprised they introduced Claudine so early. Although I am disappointed as she is not nearly as good looking as they made her out to be in the book.

I said the EXACT same thing when I first saw her! I expected her taller, and more striking. She looks very plain jane. I wanna ruin that surprise for everyone too! Cuz everyone is always saying, "What is Sookie what is Sookie." I love this show.

She is really annoying but the story line with vampire Franklin was hilarious. I was enjoying that one.
"Watch how fast I type mother****er."

Last edited by PenguinPrincess; 08-09-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
... and there is only ONE girl in there!
With the i-club ratio of boys to girls...it works haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunday Night HBO Thread