this sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 05:06 PM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
Thumbs down this sucks

Hi everyone,
In september i bought a brand new 04 wrb wrx from Thousand oaks subaru. I noticed after a month or so that the bumper was disformed in two places. I hadnt gotten hit nor scraped the car and ive been the only driver. I took it to Thousand oaks subaru and they told me two bolts have been bent and that i did it and they wouldnt warrenty it. So when i got back to school in Santa cruz i took it to the subie dealership in Santa cruz. They told me that it had been repainted. I said what? ive never got into a accident and never painted it. The way they know is that there is some rocks or bubbles in the pain right next to the license plate right where the bumper is messed up. MAN THIS SUCKS! So i may need some subie love and some letters of help if i cant get it worked out on my own.
Joel
P.S. One more point for santa cruz subaru being the best!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
there has to be some law under fraud for that.

The dealership has to disclose all repairs to all new vehicles.

You have the right as a consumer to have knowledge of the history of your vehicle. Especially a new one.

I'd file a formal complaint with SOA. Maybe with the support of the folks in Santa Cruz you can send a letter to thousand oaks and inform them of what you plan to do. Give them time to reconsile. After that. Make the complaint with SOA and demand that they put a new bumper on your car.

Shoot my folks got a brand new suburban for free for something more minor than that. Bought one in 94. The pressed so hard about some issues they were having that the dealership gave them a 97 for free.

Stick to your guns.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:11 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
thats does suck. hope you get everything worked out.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Its hard to belive, but probably around 5-10% of the cars that are sold off a lot have had some form of repair between the time it leaves the factory to the time it gets to you

My company works with many bay area dealerships and I worked for a dealership for a couple years prior to that, and belive me, EVERY dealership has a guy there every day doing repair to cars in inventory, everything from touch-ups to full bumper/hood resprays, right there in the inventory lot! One of the dealerships I work with in Marin who shall remain named Audi now has a booth permanently set up in the back where a guy does touch ups and resprays all day long

And this is just if all your car need is paint, when I worked at Acura we sent many of the inventory cars to the body shop for bigger problems all the time, but dont think any dealership will ever disclose this, and many time even they dont know, alot of these repair happen in port after transit, and for as many inventory cars get dealer traded between dealerships, the number of hands it goes through before it gets to you give the dealership plausible deniability. Sorry man, I know it sucks, good luck
Old 02-11-2004, 06:29 PM
duo

thanks what is soa? Is it subaru of america? I feel dumb for asking but i am calling subaru tomarrow. As im 19 and a small mind i dont know everything and will be taking care of this myself. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. THanks guys
Old 02-11-2004, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
yeah soa is subaru of america and good luck
Old 02-11-2004, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
1-800-SUBARU-3.

I would try the dealer first. Call the sales manager, tell them what Santa Cruz Subie found, and tell them you want a new car, or they'll be hearing from your lawyer. Then settle for a sh1tload of free services or parts, after they repair your damage correctly. Actually I'd push for a new car. They shouldn't be able to get away with that.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:38 PM
duo

thanks everyone im calling soa tomarrow.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:32 PM

Yeah, "lot damage" is quite common. I'm looking at Miatas for a buddy of mine and came across one that had a hole in the front bumper cover.....courtesy of an employee backing a Tundra's trailer hitch into it. Heh.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
This happened to me.

I leased my old '02 WRX from Albany Subaru, and the car looked fine when I picked it up.

A year later, the paint on the front bumper near the bottom of the foglight openings, was starting to peel-off and degrade.

I immediately suspected a re-sprayed bumper, as upon further inspection, the front bumper had much more orange-peel than the rear bumper.

I took it in to Albany, and they denied ever re-spraying it. I called them liars to their face. They called SOA, and the rep was very nice with me, and had very harsh words for them that they were trying to pin the blame on SOA.

They attempted to have the bumper sanded and air-brush touched-up, I told them to suck it. They said they would send my bumper to a body shop for stripping & re-painting, I said hell no!

I had them order a new bumper cover, not punch-out the front plate holes (they showed me the new piece, and then my old one afterwards), and had a good body shop paint it.

Subaru Santa Cruz will want 1000 Oaks to take care of you prolly.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:45 PM
duo

yeah thats what they said...i will have soa tell me what to do..thanks for your experience anyone else?