Street racing = Felony

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
Racing = Felony

i got this off the Z forum,

FYI-Gov. Arnold S. just passed new law that any type of racing will now be a "felony". This was in today's paper. Believe or not, this was based on the New released DVD: "Fast and Ferious-Tokyo Drift" That's crazy.

so very becareful guys, this is too crazy =\ hate those stupid movies

link from the Z forum

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219668

Last edited by wimprezax06; 09-26-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:51 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I sure hope it's a typo when you say 'any.'
Old 09-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Hell i'll be honest i like to catch a streetlight race every now and then but if your out there street racing you gotta make your bed and lay in it if your caught.

PS. im assuming you meant "streetracing" since you didnt really say what kind of racing lol.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:58 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
lol yea im sure its means street racing. im just wondering is there any body here who got caught street racing before? what did the cop do?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
its not the movies that are stuid, its the people that try to live that made up life. I dont think its stupid to make this a felony, I think its stupid that it NEEDS to be made a felony
Old 09-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
lol yea im sure its means street racing. im just wondering is there any body here who got caught street racing before? what did the cop do?
Well back in the day in 97 i...i mean my "friend" was streetracing in an undisclosed area in sj. and sure enough cops light us up and we all scatter and "my friend" had one on his 6. so "my friend" hops on 101 south and cop is on him for a good 15min or so. Cop now decides to drop the chase guessing he got the car's plate #

So my friend ditches the car at a jack in the box gets a ride home and calles 911 to report his car stolen. cop shows up and his home and informs him that his car was spotted streetracing and a high speed chase. 'friend' plays dumb and shocked.

Next day he got the car back lol. not sure what would have happned but when ur 17 yrs old you can be really really stupid..
Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by MBasile
I dont think its stupid to make this a felony, I think its stupid that it NEEDS to be made a felony
sounds about right.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Just as well we're blessed with all these tracks locally to us,

Infineon
Leguna Seca
Thunderhill
Buttonwillow

Mike
Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I didn't see it in the paper.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
you know what would curb street racing? (im not talking about 100% getting rid of it, thats impossible atm) setup more legal race events, drag races, stupid dirft events, more autocrosses, etc. any form of racing that would curb the appetite to street race. i mean who hasnt felt the urge to floor it at a light at least once?i seriously hate living in this damn state. thankfully ive never been bothered by police for anything about my car (hopes to god it stays that way.) but seriously this is getting out of hand and the legislators are only becomming extreme with their "solutions" they really dont think about the big picture and how they could create revenue for the state BESIDES allowing meter b1tches to issue fix it tickets. complete fawking assh0les, every last one of them. but most of all, i blame the ***** that go out and make it worse on us that just like to modify our cars and take it to a track like it should be.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
um i thought it was always a felony? isnt speed contest also a felony? and driving over 100 mph?

eh its lonly a felony if you "injure" others

"""""""Prosecutors will be able to seek increased penalties against drivers who engage in reckless driving or speed contests that injure another person, under the street racing legislation by Assemblyman John Benoit, R-Palm Desert (Riverside County). """"""

Last edited by zumnwrx; 09-26-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 1990 turbo miata
Originally Posted by Manny408
Well back in the day in 97 i...i mean my "friend" was streetracing in an undisclosed area in sj. and sure enough cops light us up and we all scatter and "my friend" had one on his 6. so "my friend" hops on 101 south and cop is on him for a good 15min or so. Cop now decides to drop the chase guessing he got the car's plate #

So my friend ditches the car at a jack in the box gets a ride home and calles 911 to report his car stolen. cop shows up and his home and informs him that his car was spotted streetracing and a high speed chase. 'friend' plays dumb and shocked.

Next day he got the car back lol. not sure what would have happned but when ur 17 yrs old you can be really really stupid..

Damm you "friend" had some ***** man... but smart at the same time.... humm
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 PM

Car Info: WREX
Which track is the closest and most accessible to the Fremont/Newark area?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by unstble
Which track is the closest and most accessible to the Fremont/Newark area?
I would have to go with Infineon (Sears Point) on that one. Laguna Seca is pretty close too (Monterey area) but it's very expensive usually compared to the other tracks.

My personal favorite is Thunderhill, but I have never driven Buttonwillow. Thunderhill is a good 3 or so hours away, so it's best to drive the night before and get a hotel.

Back around 9 or so years ago I used to meet up with a group of people and we would eventually end up out on the agricultural lots in the Monterey area. There were long, straight roads out there, no other cars at all and no houses so we felt like we weren't bothering anyone. One time a sore loser ratted us out and 3 cruisers swooped up on us. Someone noticed a car coming so everyone cleared the road for them to pass - turned out it was a cruiser with 2 following w/ the lights out. The grouped us all together and took our licenses. Then, they talked about how we were stupid, we could die, how this wasn't the way to spend an evening etc. They took down all our info on our cars and licenses, and told us to watch it. They gave our licenses back with a stern warning. Maybe we were lucky that no one was actually racing when they showed up. They also mentioned that the people watching could get in just as much trouble for "aiding and abetting" as the ones actually running.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:47 PM

Car Info: WREX
Is there anyone going to Infineon soon (within a couple of weeks)? Also, what is the average cost everyone is paying?

Quick Reply: Street racing = Felony