Stolen bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 2014 Evo GSR
I live in hayward and usually stop off thru oakland (high street) on my way to work in emeryville. As well as chabot for school. Ill keep a keen eye out bro.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:06 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
i will Keep a eye out in my neck of the woods and during my travels hope you get her back.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
any updates?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:34 AM

Car Info: Frankenstein 02' PBP STi :P (RIP) 2016 WRX
No updates yet. Prob chopped up or in Mexico by now

Anyone have experience with insurance and mods?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Originally Posted by weaver
Anyone have experience with insurance and mods?
Yup. Insurance will pay you for your vehicle in oem condition. They don't pay for aftermarket parts unless you called and added them to your insurance policy...
Old 02-28-2014, 11:35 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by norcalbro
Yup. Insurance will pay you for your vehicle in oem condition. They don't pay for aftermarket parts unless you called and added them to your insurance policy...
However check because your homeowners/renters insurance should cover some things like Decks, speakers, subs, amps, CAI/SAI, upgraded seats.

Things like rims, exhaust and coil overs you have to have a special overrider policy in place (I just got mine today) that spells out the part, brand, and cost to replace (example, my rims are JDM only now, so they covered them for $2000 to make sure the shipping from Japan is figured into the value)
Old 02-28-2014, 11:40 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Overbear
However check because your homeowners/renters insurance should cover some things like Decks, speakers, subs, amps, CAI/SAI, upgraded seats.

Things like rims, exhaust and coil overs you have to have a special overrider policy in place (I just got mine today) that spells out the part, brand, and cost to replace (example, my rims are JDM only now, so they covered them for $2000 to make sure the shipping from Japan is figured into the value)
This. It is called a "rider" for non-standard parts

Homeowners/renters only covers if it was stolen from your home. Since it was stolen at the BART station, that probably won't work.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:08 PM

Homeowners will cover for my subs and unfortunately my backpack with laptop in it that I did'nt realize was in my car
Old 02-28-2014, 12:11 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by weaver
Homeowners will cover for my subs and unfortunately my backpack with laptop in it that I did'nt realize was in my car
Well, that's good news and bad news. Sorry man. Hopefully they recover your car. There was one here in Santa Clara not long ago that was recovered in a week or so intact.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
Well, that's good news and bad news. Sorry man. Hopefully they recover your car. There was one here in Santa Clara not long ago that was recovered.
Thanks. Imma fight it and see what i can do about my parts. Most of them are "Subaru" parts so maybe i have a claim for that :/ won't know till we try
Old 02-28-2014, 12:30 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Thanks to this thread Icalled my insurance which is USAA so a little more awesome than the standard insurance.

They informed me as long as I have recipts they will cover up to 5k for aftermarket parts in the event of a loss.

for me
2,500 Tranny
1,800 Turbo
900 FMIC

So I would be at a little loss with injectors, BOV, but it gave me a little piece of mind.

Now I just have to look for recipts

So not to make this about me I keep checking this thread praying your car gets recovered in good shape. When my mustang got stolen the PD told me to keep my eyes open on Craigs List for my parts and report to them if I found any.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shayhan27
Thanks to this thread Icalled my insurance which is USAA so a little more awesome than the standard insurance.

They informed me as long as I have recipts they will cover up to 5k for aftermarket parts in the event of a loss.

for me
2,500 Tranny
1,800 Turbo
900 FMIC

So I would be at a little loss with injectors, BOV, but it gave me a little piece of mind.

Now I just have to look for recipts

So not to make this about me I keep checking this thread praying your car gets recovered in good shape. When my mustang got stolen the PD told me to keep my eyes open on Craigs List for my parts and report to them if I found any.
No worries. Glad something good can come out of this!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:57 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

I think insurance wants a rider for things that are way more expensive or rare than stock. If it is mounted to the car though, basically they should be covering it. The only issue I ever had was trying to get them to pay for things that were IN the car because you can't always prove it was there and they can't prove it wasn't, so it leaves them open to a more liability.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
I think insurance wants a rider for things that are way more expensive or rare than stock. If it is mounted to the car though, basically they should be covering it. The only issue I ever had was trying to get them to pay for things that were IN the car because you can't always prove it was there and they can't prove it wasn't, so it leaves them open to a more liability.
We'll see i guess. I'm making a list with pictures and receipts so hopefully that helps.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:59 PM

Car Info: NO MORE SUBIE :(
Dude I'll keep a look out. My car was broken into when I was shopping for black friday at bayfair. They almost took my car...I know how you feel bro.

Quick Reply: Stolen bugeye