Star wars the old republic

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:00 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB WRX Wagon Limited Edition
Star wars the old republic

Anyone else playing this game? What do you think so far? I am on the warrior of the shadow server.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I have a smuggler on Ajunda-Pall 27, I like the energy and healing with it, different capacity than other healing styles. Good side Smuggler damage = Rogue, stealthy.. but get raped when you are out of stealth in PvP. I like hiding and healing though.

Played a Trooper, extremely mobile and fun.

Currently playing Evil side Sith Sorcerer (I was a Warlock in WoW.) I usually end up healing because no one else does, but I like the damage. Only level 17 though, at higher levels I might switch to the Madness trees so I can watch people get melted like an Affliction Warlock in WoW. I'm all about DOTs and melting faces... in that sense, Sages/Sorcerers have a cast exactly like Shadow Priests of WoW, MindFlay essentially.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
lol everyone's on different servers, I'm on Lord Praven
Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Sweet, I have a level 49 BH powertech. Going to hit 50 tonight. So far I love the class, but probably going to roll a sith warrior while guild mates level.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sean415
Sweet, I have a level 49 BH powertech. Going to hit 50 tonight. So far I love the class, but probably going to roll a sith warrior while guild mates level.
Powertech's are the staple, and so far the best tanks in the game. SW's are pretty nasty too when they're healed... when they're not, they get the same rep as a Warrior in WoW, they can get kited pretty bad without their interrupt/charge.

The game mechanics are a bit clunky... so far I have no use for the ship battles, they're a bit entertaining and annoying considering I don't know when I'll run into a rock.

The group method is kinda annoying, and again super vastly annoying when we can't summon/teleport someone in the group to our area if we're waiting on them.

There are other ideas that kinda bug me... but it's a whole different beast than WoW, so I'm happy.

Oh, and last but not least, go into your client_settings.ini file and make sure you type in: AntiAliasingLevel = X (where x = 2, 4, 8, 16). Makes the game sooo much better looking. The game itself didn't enable AA, so put that on to smooth out the jaggedness.

PvP has to be bracketed off, not necessarily every 10 levels, but at least 20 levels. Although they try to "even" it out, there is no way a person who is level 25 can compete with someone who is level 50, when the level 50 has another 5-10skills to their use. It's ridiculous and dumb. I sure hope there is cross-server pvp too. If it's always a warzone vs the same server guys on the other side, there definitely is going to be some update needed.

The game isn't too bad, and has a good setting for an initial launch, bugs and whatnot, it's faired pretty well vs other MMORPG initial launches.

Last edited by iLoqin; 01-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM

Car Info: 07 rs STi swapped Rotated BW S200SX-56
Is this for PC?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by DerekB707
Is this for PC?
Yes
Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Just started, Lvl 5 Imp Agent on Hutta. Cant remember the server name, too busy with BF3
Old 01-04-2012, 10:50 AM

Where exactly is the client_settings.ini file? I will look for this when I get home today. I really like the PT, but haven't played as a tank yet. Probably going to spec that way and help doing some of the lvl 50 stuff with other people that leveled. I love pvping with him and that's why I want to make a warrior so I can tank with one and pvp with the other.

I agree with different brackets for pvp, but think the cross realm stuff is going to take a while to implement. I am a also not entirely happy with not being able to summon someone, but I believe there is something that can be crafted, that will do that. Also not being able to choose the warzone kind of sucks as well as not being able to group with more people. but I think this patch just changed that. Every game I played last night was Hutball.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:30 PM

How to enable anti-aliasing in Star Wars: The Old Republic | PC Gamer

Show hidden files first, then follow those instructions.

AntiAliasingLevel = x
where x is 2, 4, 8, 16.

I just did 4, wayyy better graphics, I have 60fps, not sure if I want to crank it to 8 and still see what I got =D
Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Started last night on Bondar Crystal pvp server. Have a few friends over there. Made a Sith sorc and planning on leveling dps then switching to a heal/hybrid build for pvp.

Game feels like a mix of wow and warhammer online so far. Almost went Imperial Operative because the skill tree looks a lot like Witch Elf from Warhammer.