Star Wars books

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:04 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Star Wars books

Question for you Star Wars book readers. I'm looking for a "in the Star Wars universe" book, but I'm not a follower of any of the storylines outside of the 6 Lucas films.

I tried watching the Clone Wars movie was was so hopelessly bored with it that I have no idea what happened in it.

However, I love the Star Wars universe; just couldn't get into the Clone Wars stuff. I've played Star Wars games (like with Kyle Katarn sp?) and enjoyed them, but I've never read any related books. So... I'm not ready to make a huge investment in a long running series. I just want a off shoot book that is set in the Star Wars universe. I'm going to start with Death Troopers.

Any other recommends?

I'm kinda more into the Troopers idea, Boba Fett (or bounty hunters), Han Solo adventures, or maybe Rogue Squadron idea more than the deep philosophical internal light-dark struggle of the jedi.

Last edited by chimchimm5; 04-10-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I have a complete set of the taco bell cups.

That's about as far as it goes. I read different kinds of books. I like history, military and zombie books. LOL!

If you're in to sci-fi. Read dune. I have it somewhere.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:28 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
The X-Wing series of books are really good.

Shadows of the Empire is a great read too.

Funny thing is I worked for them for 7 years and only read maybe 6 or 7 out of the hundred some books there are out there.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
I read the Jedi Apprentice series back in the day, I loved them. They were before episode 1 when obi-wan just became QuiGon's apprentice, they have some crazy adventures together.

The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, Book 1): Dave Wolverton: 9780590519229: Amazon.com: Books The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, Book 1): Dave Wolverton: 9780590519229: Amazon.com: Books
Old 04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
With the Star Wars Clone Wars which did you watch?

Star Wars: Clone Wars - The Movie
Amazon.com: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Widescreen Edition): Matt Lanter, Ashley Eckstein, James Arnold Taylor, Dee Bradley Baker, Christopher Lee, Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Daniels, Dave Filoni: Movies & TV Amazon.com: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Widescreen Edition): Matt Lanter, Ashley Eckstein, James Arnold Taylor, Dee Bradley Baker, Christopher Lee, Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Daniels, Dave Filoni: Movies & TV

Star Wars: Clone Wars - TV Series from Cartoon Network
Amazon.com: Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume One: Mat Lucas, Jerome Beidler, James Arnold Taylor, Bryan Andrews, George Lucas, Paul Rudish, Genndy Tartakovsky, André Sogliuzzo, Grey DeLisle, Corey Burton, Tom Kane, Nick Jameson, Tippy Bushkin, Brian A. Amazon.com: Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume One: Mat Lucas, Jerome Beidler, James Arnold Taylor, Bryan Andrews, George Lucas, Paul Rudish, Genndy Tartakovsky, André Sogliuzzo, Grey DeLisle, Corey Burton, Tom Kane, Nick Jameson, Tippy Bushkin, Brian A.

Star Wars: Clone Wars - TV Series (Currently still running)
Amazon.com: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season One (Repackage): Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Movies & TV Amazon.com: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season One (Repackage): Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Movies & TV

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Episodes, Videos and Games | StarWars.com

The movie wasn't nearly as good as the two different tv series. Seriously the Cartoon Network TV Series & the current series are both far better than the Prequels (IMO). These actually explain things like why General Grievous is walking around coughing and fills in lots of gaps as well as seemingly having better storylines than the movies did.

As far as the books go it seems like some authors for the Star Wars universe are just better than other ones. So while some may have good material they just suck as writers which led me to tend to gravitate more towards specific writers than the specific stories. Who you will like though depends on the person. I tended to like Timothy Zahn's stuff. You may have to just go sit inside a Barnes & Noble (or whatever book store you can find) and just thumb through a few books until you find one that's interesting. Maybe try flipping to a few random pages in the book and read a little bit to see if it's appealing.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:58 PM

Car Info: 08 STi
Hey bro,

So i have read most of those books, and actually before the age of readers, bought most of those books. I have a pretty solid collection. PM me and i'll let you borrow a few. I'm in redwood city.