Sprained Ankles

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 02:41 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Thanks Charlie, I found my Ace bandage and I have been doing that... Luckily because I work a desk now, I can still go to work.
If the sprain is bad, I would recommend taking off some days if you have the means.

I also have a desk job but not being able to keep it properly elevated sucks. It will throb and wont heal as fast. Laying on the couch will be much better
Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I guess I should give some background now... Right now my left ankle is sprained...

So back in 2004, I injured my left ankle in marching band. The set called for a 180 degree maneuver, my body pulled off the 180... but my left foot stayed planted in the ground. It hurt like a ****, and I limped off the field and sat out for a little while until it felt better. then I got back up and started marching again.

Then in 2006, my left ankle just randomly hurts a lot. I went to the doctor and he said that apparently I had sprained it before but did not set it correctly. The only way to really resolve the situation would be to break it, and set the whole thing properly.

for 2006 until now, my left ankle has just been "my bad ankle" and I always have to be careful with it. Then last week I get tackled while tossing the football with my friends. of course the only casualty is my left ankle... Now I am stuck in bed with my left ankle all wrapped up and covered in ice... and hobbling to work on crutches... I hate not being able to walk...
Old 07-26-2009, 02:47 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Originally Posted by subie OCD
If the sprain is bad, I would recommend taking off some days if you have the means.

I also have a desk job but not being able to keep it properly elevated sucks. It will throb and wont heal as fast. Laying on the couch will be much better
It's not feeling too bad (I'm at work right now) luckily I don't live very far from work, so I am still spending a lot of time resting...
Old 07-26-2009, 03:11 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I sprained mine about 4 years ago so badly that my entire outer side of my foot was black and blue, toes included. Took me over a month to heal, well over a month. I was on crutches and everything... WEAK. Sucks to hear, they are NOT fun.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:15 AM

I guess I should give some background now... Right now my left ankle is sprained...

So back in 2004, I injured my left ankle in marching band. The set called for a 180 degree maneuver, my body pulled off the 180... but my left foot stayed planted in the ground. It hurt like a ****, and I limped off the field and sat out for a little while until it felt better. then I got back up and started marching again.

Then in 2006, my left ankle just randomly hurts a lot. I went to the doctor and he said that apparently I had sprained it before but did not set it correctly. The only way to really resolve the situation would be to break it, and set the whole thing properly.

for 2006 until now, my left ankle has just been "my bad ankle" and I always have to be careful with it. Then last week I get tackled while tossing the football with my friends. of course the only casualty is my left ankle... Now I am stuck in bed with my left ankle all wrapped up and covered in ice... and hobbling to work on crutches... I hate not being able to walk...
Wait a second, spraining it has nothing to do with the bones, it has to do with tissue... So why would breaking your foot help? How would the tissue re-grow if they broke your ankle?

Edit, maybe you meant that tearing your ligament again would allow you to heal properly? A sprain has nothing to do with breaking
Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 AM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
To those of you who have sprained your ankle... How long did it take you to recover? What seemed to help the most?
dc racing/skate shoes are not suggested for chasing down 12 y/o boys...use running shoes next time.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:30 AM

So back in 2004, I injured my left ankle in marching band. The set called for a 180 degree maneuver, my body pulled off the 180...
haha now i get it... did you ever wonder why we have kind of the same humor? or get along so well? i marched all 4 years and came back and was a bass tech for my HS for another 4 years. band nerds rule!
Old 07-26-2009, 06:09 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Goddamnit Simon.... Best be keepin' that on the DL.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Is it bad that I am kinda rushing the healing process so I can go to the X-Games this weekend?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:32 AM

i just talked to jesus and he said you shouldn't rush your recovery.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
you're the one who will feel the effects from it not us lol
Old 07-28-2009, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Simonster
dc racing/skate shoes are not suggested for chasing down 12 y/o boys...use running shoes next time.
Running shoes aren't good for doing fast turns since they don't have any ankle support, they are made for running in straight or pretty straight lines. Basketball shoes or boots would be the best. Running shoes tend to have a tall and narrow sole which allows for easier rolloever... DC's are lower and wider so its a little better for rollovers if worn properly.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:35 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Thanks Daniel...
Old 07-28-2009, 09:07 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Sooooo tempting... maybe after a week ill give it a shot... were you still able to walk on it before the salt soak?
nope. had crutches for that. it was basically like i didnt have a foot. couldnt put any weight on it, couldnt even breathe on it it was so bad.........
Old 07-28-2009, 09:08 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

damnit rau... you make it sound sooo tempting...

Quick Reply: Sprained Ankles