Speeding and Stop Sign Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Patrol Cars or MotoCops?

Age? Insurance Carrier?

Trial, usually show up. Written, usually write up also.

what are the circumstances of the tickets?

we need more info buddy, start typing

-Gagan
Old 02-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Old School

Originally posted by AzNuGn
it was a Patrol Cop

im 18, State Farm Insurance

both were in the school zone, by the same cop (he's a *****)

first one was at lunch time, pulled out was going 25mph quickly sped up to 38mph to get into the right lane to make a right turn..

the second was right after school was in session, i hit 48mph (was late for FINALS) a car next to me was going about the same speed.... but he decided to pull me over...

i know i cant do anything about the stop-sign ticket....

what i am going to argue is that.. the sign at my school says "25mph when children are present" and other wise it is 40-40mph
for the first ticket im going to say that i got out of class early, before anybody else was out, so i knew for a fact that there werent any children around (which is completely true)
for the second one im going to say that school had already started (i was late)... everybody was in class.. so there was no children present..

u think i could win or not?
When children are not present, i think it's 30 or 35 usually.

I am near 20, and have farmers... I pay high on the RS, 1 accident, my fault... and soon to have 2 points for two speeding tix.

Your insurance is going to sky rocket... consider taking the WRX off the list like i'm going to with my RS, not drive it for a while. and pick up a beater man.

Also, take traffic school, so you can be lower 1 point... i unfortunatly must wait much longer before i can take traffic school again.

-Gagan
Old 02-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Old School

And slow down... and drive more carefully.

I've learned that even if you're in complete control, it's not you to judge, it's the peace officers job to do that. I know, it sucks... but trust me.

-Gagan
Old 02-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'm 22...

No points, drive an RS... and I pay 1,200 every 6 months. So... I'm gonna say a lot.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
unfortunately my friend.. you will see your insurance premium to go up at least 2 times what you are paying for. if you are eligible for traffic school, it might help you reduce 1 point off your record. that might just help a little...

good luck..and drive carefully next time..
Old 02-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Old School

Originally posted by brucelee
I'm 22...

No points, drive an RS... and I pay 1,200 every 6 months. So... I'm gonna say a lot.
You got any accidents that are your fault?

I pay like 1600 every 6 months right now... by the time any of the points make it to the driving record, if they do, Hopefully, i'll have the toyota pick up running, and the car on the drive way. If it's what i have to do for the next 2 years, it's what i'm gonna be doing. But who knows, maybe i'll even get a cool job this summer, and actually afford the insurance... we'll see.

Stop sign tix a point too? cause that's 3 points, man, you need to think hard about this car.

-Gagan
Old 02-05-2003, 10:03 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Dude, not to rub salt into an open wound or anything, but I just got my bill for insurance tonight, and my WRX actually dropped. From $60 a month, to $50 a month.

I was suprised. Our insurance, for full coverage on both cars and a $500 deductable, is $100 a month.

Not too bad if you ask me.

My advice to you is to pull the traffic school trickX3. Since you got your violations so close together, odds are you can take online traffic school 3 times without the courts realizing what you are doing.

Some guy just did it on here for 2, so why could you not do it for 3.

Also, if you can prove that children weren't present...you can probably get the judge to dismiss at least one...if there were rug rats all around...you're in trouble

Hey, it's worth a try!

Andy

BTW...same cop, same school zone, same month...have you ever heard of "lessons learned"? I am just ribbing you, but damn dude!

Good luck and all the best!

Last edited by BADWRX; 02-05-2003 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
all i can say is good luck
after my speeding ticket, i drive like a grandma
which isnt cool when semi's pass me
Old 02-06-2003, 02:12 PM

be prepared to be raped by the insurance company being 18, I assume male and with 2 pts (if you go to traffic school for the other).

As far as arguing that it's 25 when children are present. if it was on a school day and within an hour of regular school hours you are screwed. this is not a law but I remember this from my driving class/test. That why it's a school zone. never speed in a school zone because cops are always around protecting children. sorry I don't feel for you, I have a child and when I see people speeding thru a school zone it makes me pissed off.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:25 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally posted by AzNuGn
it was a Patrol Cop

im 18, State Farm Insurance

both were in the school zone, by the same cop (he's a *****)

first one was at lunch time, pulled out was going 25mph quickly sped up to 38mph to get into the right lane to make a right turn..

the second was right after school was in session, i hit 48mph (was late for FINALS) a car next to me was going about the same speed.... but he decided to pull me over...

i know i cant do anything about the stop-sign ticket....

what i am going to argue is that.. the sign at my school says "25mph when children are present" and other wise it is 40-40mph
for the first ticket im going to say that i got out of class early, before anybody else was out, so i knew for a fact that there werent any children around (which is completely true)
for the second one im going to say that school had already started (i was late)... everybody was in class.. so there was no children present..

u think i could win or not?
when it says, "when children are present" it means that while school is in session. it doesn't matter if they are in class or not. basically anytime between 7:30 and 3:30 it is a 25mph zone. so you won't get very far on that argument.

Quick Reply: Speeding and Stop Sign Ticket