Speculate 2014 STi.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
If that is the new chassis i thank the God i bought a GR.

This might be my last "new Subaru" if they continue to not add any substancial upgrades to the WRX/STi line up. A new motor(FB20) is not the only thing the performance line of Subaru is in dire need of. We have cars like the new Mustang which is leaps and bounds better then the previous generations, not only with motors, suspension, and transmissions but when they had the transmission failures which were not even wide spread they quickly fixed that issue and acknowledged it. Subaru has yet to publicly admit the ringland failure these cars are prone to have on even 100% stock cars. Subaru really needs to innovate and come up with newer technology to add into these cars not only for performance related things but also for average consumers looking for a middle ground of performance, utility, and daily drivability. The current GR chassis is great it offers much of what i wanted at a decent price but having done some intense research i probably could have got more bang for my buck in another car but i can say i'm happy with my car and as of right now i'd buy another N/A Subaru but idk about the current turbo models if power making is your goal. Everytime i go WOT i'm crossing my fingers my engine doesn't blow vs when i go WOT in my buddies Evo i'm holding on for dear life. I'm not saying our cars should be evo-like but i'm saying Subaru knows and markets these cars as tuner cars so they should be like Dodge engineers and build/design the car knowing they will see a good 50-80hp increase, for a performance car i don't think that's much to ask for. The times are changing even lower class cars are beginning to receive total make overs that make our dated powertrain/engine look like a geezer.

Last edited by PROcede; 09-20-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by aznpride65o

still more HP then you
When I'm outta school then ill buy a limited. I don't see a need to buy a wrx/Sti I really want while in school and destroy it with miles.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:54 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Subaru is insane if they think they can put out the same car with the same horse power for 10 years in a row.

This is getting silly.

The car is getting heavier and softer with the same power. If that's the market they're going for then they can have fun with it. I'll stick with buying older subarus until they can pull their heads out of their asses.

Underpowered overweight overdressed.

I don't mind the look that much for the WRX and it's were I figured they'd end up going... more legacy like. But it's need mo powa and mo low.
This. I've been saying this for awhile now. At some point people will stop buying the same recycled car.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Looks like a smaller legacy and beefier current 2012 Impreza.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
Originally Posted by DSav408
When I'm outta school then ill buy a limited. I don't see a need to buy a wrx/Sti I really want while in school and destroy it with miles.
I ruin my cars with high miles =[
Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I'm more excited about that headline speculating about a next-generation Supra.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 PM

Car Info: a very slow car
Originally Posted by PROcede

That is all.
Looks very similar to the 2012 Imp.
Also the FA20 is the RWD in the BRZ, FB20 is AWD in the Imp.

Last edited by RallyTech; 09-20-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by PROcede
If that is the new chassis i thank the God i bought a GR.

This might be my last "new Subaru" if they continue to not add any substancial upgrades to the WRX/STi line up. A new motor(FB20) is not the only thing the performance line of Subaru is in dire need of. We have cars like the new Mustang which is leaps and bounds better then the previous generations, not only with motors, suspension, and transmissions but when they had the transmission failures which were not even wide spread they quickly fixed that issue and acknowledged it. Subaru has yet to publicly admit the ringland failure these cars are prone to have on even 100% stock cars. Subaru really needs to innovate and come up with newer technology to add into these cars not only for performance related things but also for average consumers looking for a middle ground of performance, utility, and daily drivability. The current GR chassis is great it offers much of what i wanted at a decent price but having done some intense research i probably could have got more bang for my buck in another car but i can say i'm happy with my car and as of right now i'd buy another N/A Subaru but idk about the current turbo models if power making is your goal. Everytime i go WOT i'm crossing my fingers my engine doesn't blow vs when i go WOT in my buddies Evo i'm holding on for dear life. I'm not saying our cars should be evo-like but i'm saying Subaru knows and markets these cars as tuner cars so they should be like Dodge engineers and build/design the car knowing they will see a good 50-80hp increase, for a performance car i don't think that's much to ask for. The times are changing even lower class cars are beginning to receive total make overs that make our dated powertrain/engine look like a geezer.
The new mustangs have good straight power for the money. However I wouldn't not say they have come far. I still rather have a 99 or 01 cobra with independent rear susp, was way better than these new same old solid axle overweight stangs. The new gt500 is funny, yea lets just give it as much power as possible because thats all we can do. Still not any stang as good as the 00 cobra r.

Let's hope for this in the brz, however I'd like more displacement in the sti unless it revs to 8500

Subaru Refreshes JDM Legacy, gets New FA20 2.0-liter Direct Injection Turbo with 296hp

Last edited by slow04wrx; 09-20-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
All I want is a reliable 2L. 4 or 6 cylinders.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Subaru is insane if they think they can put out the same car with the same horse power for 10 years in a row.

This is getting silly.

The car is getting heavier and softer with the same power. If that's the market they're going for then they can have fun with it. I'll stick with buying older subarus until they can pull their heads out of their asses.

Underpowered overweight overdressed.

I don't mind the look that much for the WRX and it's were I figured they'd end up going... more legacy like. But it's need mo powa and mo low.

Youd think they would be embarassed having speed3s beat their car.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by runboyrun
Youd think they would be embarassed having speed3s beat their car.
Yeah but not up a mtn with the proper driver lol. A lot of speed3 drivers suck. lololol
Old 09-21-2012, 12:49 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Heedz
Yeah but not up a mtn with the proper driver lol. A lot of speed3 drivers suck. lololol
An EVO would dust both the Mazdaspeed and the STi
Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
Well as long as I can fit new stuff on my car im down~!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lurk
An EVO would dust both the Mazdaspeed and the STi
A Miata or S2k would dust all...

On people wanting more power bigger displacement turbo on everything. Lets see you most of you drive first.

Sorry Lurk the GIF isn't towards you btw

Last edited by Heedz; 09-21-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:51 AM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
The new mustangs have good straight power for the money. However I wouldn't not say they have come far. I still rather have a 99 or 01 cobra with independent rear susp, was way better than these new same old solid axle overweight stangs. The new gt500 is funny, yea lets just give it as much power as possible because thats all we can do. Still not any stang as good as the 00 cobra r.

I really hope your kidding. As far as handling like a 2000 cobra r, of corse nothing will handle like that. The car was built strictly for circuit racing. But if your saying the new 5.0's, gt500's, and especially the boss 302 r's don't handle well then you must not have seen one on the track or been in one. The new 5.0 handles as well as a e92 m3. They're identical cars. They literally have the same exact quarter mile times, and very very close circuit times. The 302R murders a e92 m3 zcp on the nurburgring... Hell, it'll murder it on anything. The new mustangs suspension was done by the European ford engineers, so trust me, they're amazing.

Quick Reply: Speculate 2014 STi.