Sometimes being an animal owner sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Sometimes being an animal owner sucks

I just had to put my second pet down in the like the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Few weeks back we put down the wife's family dog Paloma. She was about 14 and in rough shape and it had to be done. Had the vet come out and take care of it out at the house. It went as peacefully as I could have imagined. Barried her by the garden.

Last night my brother comes and knocks on the door. Wife and I have been sick in bed all week with the flu. They tested me for the swine flu. Had about a 103 temp for 3 days straight. Anyways... knocks on the door.... has me come out and tells me lilly (wife's cat) is in a bad way.

I walked out there and immediately was like... **** we gotta go put her down. This is my wife's cat of like 9 years. She's had this cat since she was a kitten. Raised a couple litters from her, etc. She got run over at some point in the day and drug herself home and waited.

We drove her in to town and put her down.

So that's 2 friggin animals now. This sucks. I'm gonna have my dog in my sight 24 seven. If something happens to him I'm gonna be a mess and so is the wife. Not a good time for her to be stressing out either.

So all you pet owners... go hug your pet and give them some treats.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Car Info: 06 GMC Diesel
Yeah It really hurts when you have to put them down, I had to put down my rotti of 4 years after he got some cancer In his throat something about his limphnodes. It really hurt me and the family but It really got to my 9 month old rotti she wouldn't eat for 2 days cuz she was so sad, That was hard to see.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Damn Ray sorry to hear that mate, I have my feet on my dog under my desk right now! I don't let him out of my site 24/7 anyway as he sticks with me like **** to a blanket day and night and for the most part goes where I go 24/7.

Crazy how integral to our lives our pets become, I for one cannot imagine things without Thugs!

Hope you and the wife are feeling better and catch a break with the pets.

Mike
Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 PM

Car Info: magjaichVE
my condolences bro. I've been there its no fun.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah our other dog rufus has not been the same since Paloma got put down and now Lilly is gone. He pretty much hates being outside now unless I'm out there. The cat was his last buddy. Just the day before yesterday I was laughing because of the way they were hanging out.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Damn Ray sorry to hear that mate, I have my feet on my dog under my desk right now! I don't let him out of my site 24/7 anyway as he sticks with me like **** to a blanket day and night and for the most part goes where I go 24/7.

Crazy how integral to our lives our pets become, I for one cannot imagine things without Thugs!

Hope you and the wife are feeling better and catch a break with the pets.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Yeah Rufus is pretty much glued to my side these days. I'd say that he's never more than 10 feet away from the wife or I these days.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I'm sorry for your loss....
Old 07-24-2009, 04:23 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Aww i am sorry Ray My husband and i cant have kids and i have always treated my pets as kids to me. It would kill me to lose them

My hardest time has been putting my animals to sleep.. its so hard. I had to put my 26 year old cat to sleep and when we did he growled at me it made me even more sad i cried like a big baby. But he had a stroke and wasnt doing good so i thought to do it to take him out of misery and it broke my heart. Then i had another cat at the time she was 20 and someone stole her from me. When i found her the cops wouldnt let me have her back unless i had a receipt for my cat. I was in shock that they did that to me.

Again best wishes to you and hope you guys can heal up and get better and sorry that happened to you.. It for sure is a very hard thing to do..
Old 07-24-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Sucks to hear Ray, it's rough putting down a pet, I can't imagine doing it back to back in such a short amount of time either.

Hope you and the wife feel better soon too
Old 07-24-2009, 04:28 PM

Car Info: Eq TuNeD vF43 bUgEyE
Sorry for your losses, I had to put my dog down last friday, she was 14 1/2. I had to accept it, because she lived a long life for a dog. But it was still one of the hardest decisions i've ever made.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
sorry for your loss

i cried like a damn baby when losing my 1 year old kitten and 6 year old cat (brought him back from Chicago to the Bay, and actually i moved in with my future wife...just to get the damn cat off the street LOL) within 12 months.

feel for you...they are definitely part of the family.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM

Car Info: '08 SpecB
damn man, really sorry to hear that

you just have to remember how much love you shared with your pet, and remember the good days! otherwise it's just wayyyyy too hard
Old 07-24-2009, 04:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by phoryu2nv
Sorry for your losses, I had to put my dog down last friday, she was 14 1/2. I had to accept it, because she lived a long life for a dog. But it was still one of the hardest decisions i've ever made.
Sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

I think as long as you can say they had a long happy life then we've done what we can do.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Yeah man.. thats some sad ****. I am sorry to hear that :/.

I just rescued a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel a couple weeks ago. She cowers when you go to pet her, but she is super affectionate. I am pretty positive she was beaten or kicked. I have to FORCE her to eat. Sit there and say "Eat Tani Eat.. good girl!".

I am glad to see that there are animal lovers on here.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:02 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
You will find a ton of animal lovers on iclub!!

Quick Reply: Sometimes being an animal owner sucks