so what's your excuse for not voting today (if you were eligible to vote)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:00 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by brucelee
Dude, seriously, you need to calm down man... This IS NOT NASIOC and we really don't tolerate that kind of "NASIOCISM" on i-club, especially in the bay area where we're all pretty close knit and know one another in real life. I know everyone has bad days, I know some subjects get people roaring, and I know it's hard to translate online statements into real life statements, and I don't want to sound like some judge or something, I'm just stating that we really don't need that kind of hostility in BAIC.

I know we have our drama and such, but to outright attack people like you did in your last few posts in this thread is not cool. I've never had a problem with you nor do I have one with you now, I'm just stating this so everyone understands the level of friendship we share in this forum. If you want to go tell people to go die in a fire, go f' themselves, etc, (I know that's not what you said, it was just stated for example purposes) there is a PERFECT forum for you, and it's called NASIOC, particularly NASIOC Off Topic (but is not limited to that forum alone).

Damn, I'm getting old...
Let me get this straight. Someone says that I am stupid because I did not vote, and you get on me for being hostile? Damn straight I am hostile. As I said voting is a RIGHT, and it is up to me whether I wish to use that right or not. If I choose not to that is my choice, and I do not need some condescending internet smart guy telling me that I am too stupid to have a valid opinion because I choose not to vote. That is the same kind of ignorance BS as saying that your opinion does not matter if you did not vote.

The FACT is the OP started a thread with an EXTREMELY negative attitude towards those who did not vote. I know that I am not the only one that feels this way. If you want to support one side of an inflammatory issue such as voting and politics then go ahead. Maybe you should consider moving to a communist country.

If the opinions shared in this thread are offensive and inflammatory then maybe the thread should just be locked. Isn't there some kind of forum policy regarding this? I happen to know that attacking someone based on their political affiliation is a violation of their Civil Rights. It seems that this thread is a small step away from making such a violation...

Last edited by aboothman; 11-03-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:07 PM

Car Info: Fast
BTW Brucelee: this is about the merits of this thread. I have no beef with you or any of these folks. I do not even know any of you IRL as you pointed out. Any 'internet issues' that happened years ago mean less than nothing to me. Please do not drag up any of that old crap in regards to this issue. I know that you might be friends with many of these people, but even friends can tell when their friends are being unreasonable or downright rude.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
am i the only one that says no to 19? can you imagine how much pot is going to cost if it's legal? can you imagine how much the government is going to tax on it? besides it's not like it's hard to purchase marijuana right now.
I said no to 19. ****, that's all I voted on besides picking some random person that isn't meg whitman for governor.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
i will accept:
* i'm currently in iraq or afghanistan or some US military base outside the 50 states.
I voted from a tent on a Korean Navy base in Pyongtaek, Korea. I voted against Bush from Camp Courtney, Okinawa. No excuses.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Wink

Originally Posted by aboothman
BTW Brucelee: this is about the merits of this thread. I have no beef with you or any of these folks. I do not even know any of you IRL as you pointed out. Any 'internet issues' that happened years ago mean less than nothing to me. Please do not drag up any of that old crap in regards to this issue. I know that you might be friends with many of these people, but even friends can tell when their friends are being unreasonable or downright rude.
Leo (OP) wasn't being serious, he was being sarcastic as he ALWAYS is, it's his nature... No threads in BAIC should be taken too seriously as they are all heavily laced with sarcasm and inner-circle hazing which is why there is so much lost in communication.

Also, I swear to you that I'm being honest here, but I don't remember any "old crap" of any sort... I didn't intend to point you out in any way, it was my mistake and I apologize. I wrote that pretty quickly on the fly and didn't realize how centered it was in pointing you out in particular and that was not my intent at all. I originally attempted to make a general statement about how we're all close knit and that 97% of the threads posted in BAIC are friendly and not intended to cause any harm to anyone in any sort, but there are def some threads that can be seen as inflammatory to outsiders ("outsiders"? By that I mean people that don't really know anyone in real life and don't post on a daily basis to understand BAIC's dynamic) since there is so much sarcasm involved in what we say... A lot of inside jokes and it takes time to understand certain people but once you've been here and regularly followed the BAIC politics you'd understand why threads like this exist without people yelling at each other.

I'm a really sarcastic person and love to joke around in real life... I'm also very polite and sensitive to others feelings so I try my best to be polite... When you take that combination and translate it into an online message board it comes off really badly! Sarcasm and joking, like calling someone an *** in real life while laughing/smiling in reaction to them joking (in real life) it's accepted as sarcasm/joking and no one takes offense... But if you do the same thing online it's COMPLETELY different!! Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's really difficult for people to understand a person based on their online persona's. In real life I'm completely different than I am online and that's because of the way I communicate -- In real life people can read your body language/expressions and know that you're kidding and being friendly, but online it's taken as a personal insult.

With that being said, I'm sorry if I offended you/singled you out, I didn't mean to... It was my fault for typing without really putting much thought into it while I was waiting in line for my soup ( ) This happens a lot, so everyone remember that the internet DOES NOT = Real life, at all.

(Also, if you and I had some kind of beef some years ago, I honestly don't remember it because I probably meant nothing by it and probably thought you were joking/playing around too... I have no idea because I have no recollection of what occurred. )
Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Also, BAIC, posts, and threads are not the same as private messages!

I've received a bit of hate mail from people over the last 10 years and they were genuinely PISSED OFF at the fact that I closed a thread or something dumb/little/not important (when I was a moderator back in the day). It's funny how seriously people take some things that are said online!! It's almost as sad as reading the comments attached to youtube videos... You all know what I'm talking about! People will tell you to go die in a fire while your mom slowly dies of cancer just for posting a friendly video. I get a kick out of reading youtube comments sometimes because they are so immature and ridiculous, lol... I know I'm not alone here, right? lol

Last edited by brucelee; 11-03-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:54 PM

Didn't Louis CK do a bit about youtube comments? I can't remember what it was on, but funny ****.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
got lost going from Iraq to Afghanistan, was gonna get a map at chevron but....s..t here is no Chevrons

Last edited by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac; 11-03-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
I'm white so I don't have to follow any rules.... right?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 PM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
Vote or Die!

Well, its smarter not to vote for candidates or propositions that you dont fully understand, unless its prop 19. . .vote yes on that ****!
If this was the case, NO ONE would be out to vote except maybe me... and the other people that take the time to do research.

When I say research.. I don't mean watching CNN for all you newspaper, TV watching people out there.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
what happened in here?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:30 PM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
LOL at the guy complaining about whoever said he was "stupid" for not voting.

In my personal opinion, it is indeed foolish to not vote. People don't realize just how important voting is. The news media portrays midterms as a meaningless election because there is no Presidency involved. The truth of the matter is, people were voting for a new governor, a new senator, and a lot of new legislation. If you don't go out and vote, you cannot complain about anything government related. Whether it be your welfare check coming in late or some new tax you didn't know about. Anything involving government in your life can not be complained about. You did nothing to try and stop it. Politics is about the most important thing in your life as anything. Family and health might be at the top, but I challenge anyone to explain to me a good reason not to be involved in the voting process.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Wow - you must be the smartest person you know. That must really suck.
Hahaha
Old 11-03-2010, 11:37 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
what happened in here?
I'm guessing someone started the day off wrong, got wrapped up in work/life, and in the mix of it lost their sense of humor, and suffered from slight amnesia causing them to forget how chill everyone is on here... In the words of The Eagles "Take It Easy"
Old 11-04-2010, 12:49 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
19 or not. does not change my plants or pipes.

Quick Reply: so what's your excuse for not voting today (if you were eligible to vote)?