i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   So I get pulled over for a "loud exhaust"..... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/so-i-get-pulled-over-loud-exhaust-179469/)

omygata 02-19-2008 12:44 PM

Wow, lucky. When I had my Fujitsubo Power Getter (super quiet by the way), I had a bike cop pull me over and tell me it was illegal. I asked him why? I have all my cats and it's definitely quiet (under 95db anyways) but he still gave me the ticket. State ref told me everything was ok though so no harm done :D

Lboogie 02-19-2008 02:29 PM

I got pulled over in San Mateo for my tint & exhaust on my previous car (SVT Focus). I managed to b.s. my way outta the exhaust part by telling the officer I had a bad O2 sensor that I was replacing the following day. The O2 sensor was fine as I had changed it that day, but it was the hi flo cat that was bad...which I would not admit to having.
$50 and 3 weeks later I got things cleared up with the clerk of the court. They didnt even come out for a visual inspection when I got the ticket signed off, I just showed them the receipt of the tint removal.

omygata 02-19-2008 02:59 PM

This is the reason I went dual tip a long time ago. Less attention even though I make more noise!

AlanarchySTI 02-19-2008 03:06 PM

Interesting, I`ve been looking to get that "nur spec r" exhaust. I know it has an adjutable silencer, but do cops still give you crap regardless? if so that`s weakness.

cannibal869 02-19-2008 04:16 PM

FYI if you get an aftermarket turbo shield like the cusco or SPT one, it should effectively "hide" your wrapped downpipe from any cursory visual glance :D

evsoul 02-19-2008 04:41 PM

haha that happened to me once. A cop pulled me over because he saw my car spit a fireball (it was like midnight, just got done installing my downpipe at my buddies autoshop)
he said you have an illegal exhaust! and i was like uhhh (knowing i had a catless downpipe and loud ass muffler) no its not illegal and he goes well its spitting flames and i said is it still doing that?! subaru swore they fixed it and man its frustrating I buy a brand new car and here it is not working right and they are beating around the bush and the cop got all upset "thats not right! you work hard to pay for a new car and thats how they treat you!"

short story shorter.. he let me go. i love that ****.

wrxisthebest 02-19-2008 04:44 PM

hahahha... ive done that^^^ but i said subaru must have done something.. my car feels sluggish, i just got it out of the shop. little did he know it was at subaru for a new clutch! hehehe

crfsti 02-19-2008 07:05 PM

[QUOTE=evsoul;2115069]haha that happened to me once. A cop pulled me over because he saw my car spit a fireball (it was like midnight, just got done installing my downpipe at my buddies autoshop)
he said you have an illegal exhaust! and i was like uhhh (knowing i had a catless downpipe and loud ass muffler) no its not illegal and he goes well its spitting flames and i said is it still doing that?! subaru swore they fixed it and man its frustrating I buy a brand new car and here it is not working right and they are beating around the bush and the cop got all upset "thats not right! you work hard to pay for a new car and thats how they treat you!"

short story shorter.. he let me go. i love that ****.[/QUOTE]

haha, that's a good one!
________
[URL="http://mexicohoteles.org"]Mexico hotels[/URL]

wimprezax06 02-20-2008 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=evsoul;2115069]haha that happened to me once. A cop pulled me over because he saw my car spit a fireball (it was like midnight, just got done installing my downpipe at my buddies autoshop)

short story shorter.. he let me go. i love that ****.[/QUOTE]

+1000 lol

i got pulled over on valentine's night. the cop thought that i had some drink, and well i didnt drink anything gf had a glass of some crap cant remember.

he said that alcohol smell is really strong and ask me many times that have i been drinking. i said NO NO NO many times and he ask me if i can do the 102 test, i said yes. another cop was there also asked me if i drank anything, i told him again that i did not drink anything. so they had nothing on me.

that jerk Sargent walked around my car, and said ill give you a fix ticket because there is a crack on the windsheid. :jaw: im like you freaking serious!!!! you have to give me SOMETHING and not just let me off!!!! what a jerk, probably just mad because he had to work on valentine's day.

50caldan 02-20-2008 11:17 AM

He didn't get any female stimulation, many a times that's why a police officer is in a ****ty mood!

Ballz 02-20-2008 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=AlanarchySTI;2114946]Interesting, I`ve been looking to get that "nur spec r" exhaust. I know it has an adjutable silencer, but do cops still give you crap regardless? if so that`s weakness.[/QUOTE]

Wrong! The Blitz Nur Spec R doesn't have an adjustable silencer..

I know that for a fact. My wife and I both have this exhaust, she runs with a silencer and I run without..

wagonrex 02-20-2008 02:49 PM

[QUOTE=STI RUSH;2114543]i'm glad things are okay. . . me being a police officer, you never speculate or assume anything unless you know what your talkin about. Cause if you don't and try to bull **** your way; you definitely loose your credibility. other than that, I guess it helps us to mod are rides, cause some cops don't know what their talkin about. . . =)[/QUOTE]

So you can sign any fix it tickets>?

AlanarchySTI 02-20-2008 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=Ballz;2116378]Wrong! The Blitz Nur Spec R doesn't have an adjustable silencer..

I know that for a fact. My wife and I both have this exhaust, she runs with a silencer and I run without..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I must`ve misread it somewhere, but I`ve also though about getting the Greddy Evo2. Heard that attracts less attention and you still get a nice throaty sound.

slow04wrx 02-20-2008 03:10 PM

afraid my ewg will do me in.

06d 02-22-2008 12:42 AM

i suggest to get a fujitsubo legaris viable it does sound like stock even though im running catless with headers and up pipe