simmer! simmer down now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
simmer! simmer down now!

so i can be an aggressive driver at times... usually reserved for my commute when i have no passengers. i know i should control my temper when driving, but sometimes people just **** me off.

this morning i was minding my own business trying to get to work quickly, but safely. i spot this last generation 740iL, and i LOVE the body style. driving along and they decide to cut me off to pass a slower car. no signal, no nothing. almost takes off my front bumper.

i don't care if i like your car. i don't stand for that kind of stuff. so, of course, i tailgate. i tailgate through a lane change over the course of maybe a quarter of mile going about 10 to 12 over the limit when i decide that's enough and they'll know not to cut me off. i back off the throttle to about 5 to 7 over. a split second later i see a boy in blue parked on the shoulder at the crest of the hill and the bmw is still flying about 50 yards in front of me. i see the bimmer up ahead just tap the brake lights as we go over the hill and i get down to just about the speed limit (still a little over) as i pass the cop.

we both have to slow down towards a merge. now we are both stopped and i am behind the bimmer. i'm sitting there praying... don't pull me over, don't pull me over, don't pull me over. in the mean time i see that the police car has awoken from its sleep and is now coming in to traffic towards us. @#$)(&)@#$& i'm screwed. he pulls up beside me and i look over expecting to see a shaking head and a wagging finger. he's FOCUSED... on the bimmer. lights go on and he pulls in front of me to pull the bimmer over and i go scot free...

... i must say i feel a little bad. who knows if they would've slowed down in time if i hadn't been tailgating. the way they were coming up in traffic suggests they would not have. but maybe they wouldn't have been jamming as fast if i hadn't tailgated. now i fear repercussions.

drive safe out there folks. road rage is not cool. i'm kind of disappointed in myself because i could've just let it go but my inner vengeful ******** prevailed.

Last edited by pignoseWRX; 03-14-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 AM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
i would'nt worry about it, that jerk-off cut you off then speeded when he didn't have to. he deserves the ticket!
________
HERBAL SHOP

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:52 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I love a good setup and po-po knock down on another car. he could have backed off just as easy, but if he didnt see the cop then thats on him. you may have slid under the radar cuz yer rockn a wagon and he's got a bimmer. sometimes the more expensive looking the car = the more guaranteed revenue from a ticket.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:54 AM

Car Info: '07 OBP STI
Yar. He got what he deserved. Don't feel bad about it. I won't preach about the dangers of tailgating, because I do the same thing sometimes. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just try to stay cool next time.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:55 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
I think you are too compassionate.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by pignoseWRX
drive safe out there folks. road rage is not cool. i'm kind of disappointed in myself because i could've just let it go but my inner vengeful ******** prevailed.
I get the same when the person in front of me is driving like a dick because they are too busy yapping on their phones...the inner vengeful ******** emerges, a good brake check usually gets their mind on their driving.

I am trying to be good though, but sometimes morons can be infuriating
Old 03-14-2008, 11:58 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
F bmers, the douche thinks he's too important to look over his shoulder to change lanes.

When people do that, i dont ride their ***, i speed up, pass them, and cut in front of them by a couple feet...its the location in the lane i wouldve been if they didnt cut me off, and they couldve waited. that way they can rear end me if they want, and they get the message loud and clear.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:04 PM

Car Info: another turbo, but not an import
bmw=BAD MOTORIST WARNING
Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 PM

Car Info: civic
dont feel bad at all. when people tailgate me i drive even slower, so ur story could possibly have went both ways.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by ptownBob
bmw=BAD MOTORIST WARNING
someone should make a decal of this lol
Old 03-14-2008, 02:07 PM

Car Info: civic
oh yeah this reminds me, i had a chick blow thru half her stop sign intersection while yapping on her phone before she realized she just ran it while i was going down clement. =\