share the road my a**

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:40 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
there is a cool levy road in sac that leads to an epic straight-away... so I am on one of my first spirited drives, turn the corner, and there are about 100 bicyclists. now, i used to live in davis so i am cognizant of sharing the road. but these losers were taking up the entire lane and a half. i road their butts and they would slowly pull over. it was ultra-flat and they were doing 20mph with their wind behind their back, while i am itching to do 120!

if you are a biker...
1) dont clog up the road
2) get rid of those ridiculous spandex briefs
Old 05-03-2004, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
HAHAHAHA BIKERS ARE TEH GHEY!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:54 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally posted by soggynuts
HAHAHAHA road BIKERS ARE TEH GHEY!!!
mountain bikers are cool
Old 05-04-2004, 10:01 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I use to race MTB's and I did my sprint training on my roadbike. I hated riding on the dang roads. So many cyclist ride like idiots that drivers hate all people on bikes. nothing like taking a mirror in the back for no damn reason...I was 6 inches away from the very edge of the road.

No wonder so many people get killed in areas like sonoma or navato. When you're riding on a road with no bike lane and it's curvy...see blind...and you're riding 2/3 deep it's not the safest thing in the world. (Not excusing the damn drunk drivers that killed a couple riders in one week a while back)

basically...car meets bicyclist equals the pain. Believe me. I got a seperated shoulder, a couple cracked ribs, ribs seperated off my sternum and some torn muscles to prove it.

Just be happy you didn't get caught behind a century ride or a bike friday.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:59 PM

Car Info: '02 Subaru Impreza WRX
I personally want them to pass a law that requires a bicycle to include all the requirements a mo-ped has to be on the road. They should have turn indicators, headlight and brakelight all integrated into the bicycle for public road usage. Also some roads should off limits to bicyclists. I don't know how many time I almost kill myself or them as they are weaving up-hill by my house. Its a one lane road with blind turns. If you cant pedal up it and stay on your side of the road you should not be there.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black '02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
Just to let you guys know, I heard that "Bike to Work" week is May 17-21. So be on the look out for more bikers on the road.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by crash n burn
You guys shouldn't hate all the bike riders. Not all of them ride like that. You are displaying the same type of thinking that many people have about you driving a car like yours. They think just because you have that car, you are unsafe and want to race around the public streets. More laws aren't going to help anything. Should use common sense instead of making useless laws.

thats true....unfortunatley....common sense isn't so common :\

-Ted
Old 05-06-2004, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: E28M5, RAM Powerwagon, Motos
Originally Posted by mrs.redrex
Just to let you guys know, I heard that "Bike to Work" week is May 17-21. So be on the look out for more bikers on the road.
Good post...
There are far more idiot drivers on the roads than cyclist any day. I hate it when cyclists ride anything but single file. America is the only country where cyclists have to follow the same laws that automobiles do. Most places in the world respect the bicycle as a the stepping stone to the automobile. Many people rely on the bicycle for their primary mode of transportation in many countries. In the Netherlands, bicyles have right of way, and most towns are built around bicycle networks.

Sorry to rant here, I just wish our Government would spend more tax dollars on bicycle routes so that these confrontations would occur less.

-Kevin
(just remember the first time you rode a bike, that was your first step of independance and freedom to go somewhere, it made you smile, didn't it.)
Old 05-06-2004, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by mrs.redrex
I'll be "looking out" for them all right. Muahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 05-07-2004, 08:57 PM

Car Info: '02 Subaru Impreza WRX
Just an fyi. According to CHP most accidents between cars and bicyclists are the bicyclists fault. (I read this tidbit of info from the Press Democrat. I'm not just blowing smoke out my tail pipe.)

This brings me to my new point. 2 days ago I was driving with my brother on hwy 1. While on the road we came upon 2 bicyclists. As we are passing them the lead bicycle takes her hand off of her handle bar to point at something. This causes her to turn into the center of the lane. Without evasive action she would have been into the right headlight of the vehicle. If you bike please bike responsibly. And remember "Share the road" goes both ways.