SF Niners Release Martz

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
SF Niners Release Martz

Here it is.

Sadly, this was bound to happen with Singletary as our head coach; he likes to run the ball, Martz likes 30+ yard throws.

Thank you for a great year Martz! We will always be grateful for what you gave us in your 1 year!

No replacement named yet, but I can bet that we will wait to see what Denver does with Shanahan.

If we can get the OTHER Mike back, with a few off season additions - can you say 'NFC West Champions'?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:20 PM

Denver just fired Mike Shanahan...Comeon baby...Its a long shot for OFF Cord, but cross fingers!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 PM

I have every extremity crossed right now.

Yes, even those.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 PM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
Sad to see him go. But he is looking for a head coaches job and he is going to get one. We need a long term offensive coordinator, the 7th one will be the last one for a while. '09 is going to be a fun filled season.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:36 PM

Hopefully we can also pick up Homegren as our GM.

There is a 3 way whammy that we can start building on!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I thought they would stick with Martz. If anything just to be consistent for next year.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:33 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
wow denver let go of their coach? maybe back to the Raiders?!?!?! hahaha jk!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
wow denver let go of their coach? maybe back to the Raiders?!?!?! hahaha jk!
That would be sick!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:18 PM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
Shanahan says Davis still owes him money from when he coached the Raiders. No way he is going back to that dump. I've read that Gilbride, Harbraugh and someone else will be interviewing with Davis apparently.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Why can't that man just die already
Old 12-31-2008, 04:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I think that was a BIG mistake.

These teams keep tossing people out the window just as guys are getting used to the systems. I'm not the hugest martz fan but he is good for the niners. The flip flopped QB's pretty much all season.

If they stick with the system and just improve key players they're gonna do fine.

Need to keep the coaches together a full season to see what they can do together.

It's like the Raiders. The players they have are half way decent but if they have to get used to new coaches and plays and systems every 4 months they'll never get comfortable. Then they get down on the team/owner etc and they give up.

oh and firing shanahan was a MASSIVE mistake.

MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE

They had major injury problems at crucial positions this year. They need to make some good draft choices and strengthen some positions but I honestly think that healthy they'll probably win the division next year as SD and KC are not gonna make it back up and the Raiders are at best 7-9 next year but more likely 6-10 and they'll make some retarded moves and drafts and put themselves another 3 years behind.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 12-31-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I'm fine with it. QB's under Martz's system has seen more sacks than Tera Patrick.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:53 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Hopefully we can also pick up Homegren as our GM.

There is a 3 way whammy that we can start building on!
heh, he said 3 way...

Anyways, yeah, i thought the two mike's mixed well like fire and ice. The offense definitely got back on track this year. Of course, Martz's preferences aren't Singletary's but i don't want a Shoop style offense either (run run throw punt). HOpefully the next OC will have an emphasis on our strength (Gore) but be sure to mix it up. We can definitely use some of the things Martz showed during his tenure here (4WR 1 back set, i.e. more emphasis on using the pass as a weapon)...the 9ers were definitely a little too predictable teh past few years without Turner or Martz as OC...

you know it's been bad the past few years when I can tell you what they're going to run simply from the formation and I even knew which side of the line they were going to run...but it didn't work this year with Martz as OC. (damn all those years playing Madden!)
Old 12-31-2008, 10:16 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
Originally Posted by Imprezzy
I'm fine with it. QB's under Martz's system has seen more sacks than Tera Patrick.
Bravo!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:26 AM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think that was a BIG mistake.

These teams keep tossing people out the window just as guys are getting used to the systems. I'm not the hugest martz fan but he is good for the niners. The flip flopped QB's pretty much all season.

If they stick with the system and just improve key players they're gonna do fine.

Need to keep the coaches together a full season to see what they can do together.

It's like the Raiders. The players they have are half way decent but if they have to get used to new coaches and plays and systems every 4 months they'll never get comfortable. Then they get down on the team/owner etc and they give up.

oh and firing shanahan was a MASSIVE mistake.

MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE

They had major injury problems at crucial positions this year. They need to make some good draft choices and strengthen some positions but I honestly think that healthy they'll probably win the division next year as SD and KC are not gonna make it back up and the Raiders are at best 7-9 next year but more likely 6-10 and they'll make some retarded moves and drafts and put themselves another 3 years behind.
As one of the biggest Broncos fans, it's definitely a surprise that Shanny is gone. Not like that there hasn't been a calling for him to go. His drafting has been mediocre, though he has been doing just okay the past few years.

I could go on and on about the Broncos, but IF the 9ers were able to land him as an OC, that would be great for them, but short lived. He's a GREAT head coach...his message had just grown cold in Denver, but he'll be a great coach wherever he goes (Oakland excluded, of course...screw the Raiders ).

As a die-hard Broncos fan, all I can say is my New Year's resolution is go land Cowher as our new head coach...an offense with potential and a defense with a few decent players that Cowher can re-work into a powerhouse.

Quick Reply: SF Niners Release Martz