SF Bay Area Sources for Discount Italian Dress Shirts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
SF Bay Area Sources for Discount Italian Dress Shirts?

Hey guize, I need to buy some new dress shirts, but 98% of the prêt-à-porter dress shirts on the American market (including the "extreme slim fits" and whatnot) are WAAAY too baggy around the waist for me. Aside from getting custom-tailored shirts (not even gonna try to open that can of worms), the only alternative I have that fits properly is Italian dress shirts. However, I'm not filthy rich and can't afford to drop $500 retail on a Brioni dress shirt (even though it fits me perfectly), so I'm wondering if any BAIC'ers (or perhaps their significant others) would have any tips on where to find discounted Italian dress shirts in the Bay Area? I'm talking Brioni, Zegna, Canali, Corneliani, etc. French brands like Charvet and Lanvin work, too. However, Hugo Boss surprisingly does NOT (although their suits fit me well). I'm looking for a brick-and-mortar shop as I need to try before I buy.

THANK YOU!!!!
Old 04-29-2015, 11:29 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Ryan, I know you said brick and mortal, but give Charles Tyrwhitt a look. While not Italian, they are still a proper European dress shop headquartered in London, UK. Though they do have US stores in New York, Washington DC, and Chicago.

Majority, if not all, of their shirts have 'Extra Slim Fit' option. And trust me that's European Extra Slim, not 'Murican! Extra Slim (aka still ****ing huge). They are also have Slim and Classic size options. You also get to specify your collar size, sleeve length, cuff type, collar type and other options all included in the price. Pretty much custom fit without the custom size price.

Speaking of prices...a lot of their shirts have everyday special price of 4 for $199, but they have do have other sales and well as clearance section for last season's stuff. I have been buying their stuff for last 5+ years and it is better than any Italian-made-in-China/India/Taiwan garbage you find in most stores. I have put their shirts through the wringer; it is quality stuff. British sourced and made. International shipping (yes, you get a nice fancy package directly from UK) is around ~$10 or so and you typically get your stuff within a week.

You know me and my line of work and that I don't mess around with that sort of stuff

http://www.ctshirts.com

Last edited by LxJLthr; 04-29-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Ryan, I know you said brick and mortal, but give Charles Tyrwhitt a look. While not Italian, they are still a proper European dress shop headquartered in London, UK. Though they do have US stores in New York, Washington DC, and Chicago.

Majority, if not all, of their shirts have 'Extra Slim Fit' option. And trust me that's European Extra Slim, not 'Murican! Extra Slim (aka still ****ing huge). They are also have Slim and Classic size options. You also get to specify your collar size, sleeve length, cuff type, collar type and other options all included in the price. Pretty much custom fit without the custom size price.

Speaking of prices...a lot of their shirts have everyday special price of 4 for $199, but they have do have other sales and well as clearance section for last season's stuff. I have been buying their stuff for last 5+ years and it is better than any Italian-made-in-China/India/Taiwan garbage you find in most stores. I have put their shirts through the wringer; it is quality stuff. British sourced and made. International shipping (yes, you get a nice fancy package directly from UK) is around ~$10 or so and you typically get your stuff within a week.

You know me and my line of work and that I don't mess around with that sort of stuff

Charles Tyrwhitt for Men's Dress Shirts, Suits, Ties, Shoes & Accessories | CTShirts.com
Yuri, you da man! Thanks for the tip!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:50 AM

Last edited by LxJLthr; 05-01-2015 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Good man, thanks again!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:13 AM

Car Info: Reason
Check out Trumaker and Taylor Stitch for American made fully custom shirts in the 100-150 range.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:35 AM

Hmmm...Trumaker has an interesting business model...do you have any personal experiences with them?
Old 05-01-2015, 11:38 AM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Hmmm...Trumaker has an interesting business model...do you have any personal experiences with them?
I don't have any shirts from them, just some friends who work for them - locally and otherwise. My buddy who is apparently the exact opposite of Choku Dori finally got shirts that fit him by using Trumaker. He's 6'8" and built - nothing fits him off the rack.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by buzzword
Check out Trumaker and Taylor Stitch for American made fully custom shirts in the 100-150 range.
Thanks, I'll look into them!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:42 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Old 05-04-2015, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

^^^
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Name:  4vMvQJa.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  80.6 KB