Sedan / Wagon debate

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:09 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Sedan / Wagon debate

First and foremost lets keep this CIVIL. The last thread like this got outta hand quickly.

So I was having a debate with a sedan owner about the whole sedan / wagon argument. Couple questions to sedan owners

1) Do you guys/gals feel like us wagon owners think we are all high and mighty? His argument was that you dont see a "Sedan mafia" or anything like that representing for the sedan owners like us wagoneers do.

2) Do you guys/gals feel like wagon owners go out of our way to distance ourselves from the sedan community?

3) Said sedan owner didn't understand the whole "wagon bond" we seem to have with one another. ( wagon owners ) Sybir actually came into the conversation as you really only seem him post his sick **** wagon and not much of his STi.

4) Does it suck knowing that we are 80-100 pounds heavier but have the same horsepower , yet have the ability to carry a dog, groceries, weapons ( in Paul's case ) or the ability to move just about anything with our fold down back seats?

K lets begin !
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
1) you suck

2) you still suck

3) you really suck

4) you need to go lower...
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
1. no... and yes. i think the idea of the "wagon mafia" comes about because you wouldn't think that enthusiasts would go for a wagon... and there was a time you might even think that hardcore enthusiasts wouldn't go for a sedan. i think we think we're a little more awesome because we do it different and thought about practicality. so practicaly speaking, we think we're practically superior.

2. no...

3. tricked out sedans are a dime a dozen... but most wagons you see on the street aren't done up. i think part of it is the novelty. and part of it again is the higher prevalence of sedan enthusiasts.

4. wagons ftw!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by so steezy
1) you suck

2) you still suck

3) you really suck

4) you need to go lower...
jealous sedan owner #1

Originally Posted by pignoseWRX
1. no... and yes. i think the idea of the "wagon mafia" comes about because you wouldn't think that enthusiasts would go for a wagon... and there was a time you might even think that hardcore enthusiasts wouldn't go for a sedan. i think we think we're a little more awesome because we do it different and thought about practicality. so practicaly speaking, we think we're practically superior.

2. no...

3. tricked out sedans are a dime a dozen... but most wagons you see on the street aren't done up. i think part of it is the novelty. and part of it again is the higher prevalence of sedan enthusiasts.

4. wagons ftw!
This ^^^ pure win !
Old 09-18-2009, 08:20 AM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
jealous sedan owner #1
Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
I remember a debate about this awhile ago. I think I said something in it.

Anyway...my thing about wagon owners (SOME...not all) is that they just seem to have this..."wagons are better" attitude. To me...a Subaru is a Subaru...I don't go around saying "Sedan pride!!! Sedan this, sedan that..." Wagon owners just seem...VERY VERY proud that they have a wagon...and while that's great and all...there are some wagon guys who straight up say, "**** sedans, wagons are the ****." Where is the Subaru love?

YOU, Joe, are kinda one of them.

Joe: WAGONS ARE THE ****!!!
Nikki: What's wrong with sedans?
Joe: SEDANS SUCK! WAGONS ARE THE ****!!!
Nikki: *punches Joe in the face*
Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
hey shagon... do you ever park the delivery truck at clay and front outside of gambinos?
Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
First and foremost lets keep this CIVIL. The last thread like this got outta hand quickly.

So I was having a debate with a sedan owner about the whole sedan / wagon argument. Couple questions to sedan owners

1) Do you guys/gals feel like us wagon owners think we are all high and mighty? His argument was that you dont see a "Sedan mafia" or anything like that representing for the sedan owners like us wagoneers do.

2) Do you guys/gals feel like wagon owners go out of our way to distance ourselves from the sedan community?

3) Said sedan owner didn't understand the whole "wagon bond" we seem to have with one another. ( wagon owners ) Sybir actually came into the conversation as you really only seem him post his sick **** wagon and not much of his STi.

4) Does it suck knowing that we are 80-100 pounds heavier but have the same horsepower , yet have the ability to carry a dog, groceries, weapons ( in Paul's case ) or the ability to move just about anything with our fold down back seats?

K lets begin !
1)we are superior because we are more rare
2)Nope, we like to hang out with you sedan types, who else are we going to make feel inferior? (again kidding)
3)You have to own a wagon to understand.
4)I feel the best of wagon ownership is when I get to go "HaHa, you got spanked...by a forester!"
Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
jealous sedan owner #1
Who said he was jealous? He was just stating a very well known fact. I don't think it has anything to do with wagon vs. sedan

Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Hey lets not fight, it could be worse, we could own evo's...or worse an Audi.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by PenguinPrincess
Joe: WAGONS ARE THE ****!!!
Nikki: What's wrong with sedans?
Joe: SEDANS SUCK! WAGONS ARE THE ****!!!
Nikki: *punches Joe in the face*
When did this conversation take place ! hahahaha good try though ! lol

Originally Posted by pignoseWRX
hey shagon... do you ever park the delivery truck at clay and front outside of gambinos?
Not me personally no. My route use to be down on Geary / Clement street out in the avenues, but i dont drive anymore. Stuck in the warehouse behind a desk now.

Originally Posted by Overbear
1)we are superior because we are more rare
2)Nope, we like to hang out with you sedan types, who else are we going to make feel inferior? (again kidding)
3)You have to own a wagon to understand.
4)I feel the best of wagon ownership is when I get to go "HaHa, you got spanked...by a forester!"
Again.. pure win ^
Old 09-18-2009, 08:41 AM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
1) Wagon owners ARE better, so its natural that occasionally, we would seem like we are acting "high and mighty", because its hard to quell that emotion all the time.
2) I think Sedan owners go to far to exclude us from the community, and its only teh work of a few who keep the wagons feeling loved.
3)Wagons are the best and its rare to see someone else demonstrating a practical thought process and actually getting the best car available. People who make the right choice like to associate with others who are equally adept.
4) And we are better looking, can carry a spare set of tires in the back with tools, have a dog partition, the rear strut tower bar can be seen through our back window, get TWO spoilers etc.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
mda

Car Info: ?
No love for the coupe?!?

The coupes are full of win!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:50 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
I sold my bugeye wrx wagon for an STi. I'm very happy with my decision although I do miss not having a hatch/extra room sometimes.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by mda
No love for the coupe?!?

The coupes are full of win!
OHHH man i forgot about YOU GUYS/GALS

People think wagon owners brag... you damn GC owners think your the greatest hahahaha ( kidding of course )

Quick Reply: Sedan / Wagon debate