Saw an S202 on the road today!

Old 11-25-2002, 03:16 AM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Talking Saw an S202 on the road today!

Dude, those are awesome! I saw a new Legacy S404 the other day...

I would love an S202

I also examined in detail a new STi. Not too impressed with the looks. It looks so front heavy. We watched a video on TV though, and I guess that the understeer problem (Has been plagueing Imprezas for years) is totally gone!

I am strongly considering trying the twin scroll turbo setup. I am interested to see what kind of gains that it may yield.

Oh, and one more thing. It does look like the new fenders, head lights, hood, and bumper will "Bolt on", but I am not so impressed with the looks after seeing one up close and personal. Gotta love that darned instrument cluster, and wheel though! Those were really nice changes.

I am pretty sure that the only changes made to the frame geometry were in the subrame,,,that is what I gather from the Hyper Rev. Therefore, we can bolt up a new subframe to our rides, and have the same handling benefit!

I will test it out...be back on Tuesday...Joe...the suby_dude, I am still going to call you about our deal...honestly, I can't wait!

See y'all soon!

Andy
Old 11-25-2002, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Re: Saw an S202 on the road today!

Originally posted by BADWRX
Dude, those are awesome! I saw a new Legacy S404 the other day...

I would love an S202

I also examined in detail a new STi. Not too impressed with the looks. It looks so front heavy. We watched a video on TV though, and I guess that the understeer problem (Has been plagueing Imprezas for years) is totally gone!

I am strongly considering trying the twin scroll turbo setup. I am interested to see what kind of gains that it may yield.

Oh, and one more thing. It does look like the new fenders, head lights, hood, and bumper will "Bolt on", but I am not so impressed with the looks after seeing one up close and personal. Gotta love that darned instrument cluster, and wheel though! Those were really nice changes.

I am pretty sure that the only changes made to the frame geometry were in the subrame,,,that is what I gather from the Hyper Rev. Therefore, we can bolt up a new subframe to our rides, and have the same handling benefit!

I will test it out...be back on Tuesday...Joe...the suby_dude, I am still going to call you about our deal...honestly, I can't wait!

See y'all soon!

Andy
hey wasap mang!
how is Japan treating you?
come back safe brtotha, and have a wonderful time
Old 11-25-2002, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Unhappy

My buddy just got back from Kyoto and brought me all the catalogs from the dealer!!! Good lord. Why don't we get any of the fun stuff...

I'll try to scan some of the better pics next week.

Last edited by ryball; 11-25-2002 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally posted by ryball
My buddy just got back from Kyoto and brought me all the catalogs from the dealer!!! Good lord. Why don't we get any of the fun stuff...

I'll try to scan some of the better pics next week.
dayam brotha!
hey, are you going to be able to meet up with some EG scooby people this week?
Old 11-25-2002, 12:06 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
We want pix!!
Old 11-25-2002, 12:44 PM

Re: Saw an S202 on the road today!

Originally posted by BADWRX

I wonder how much all that would cost Along with that 6MT, it might be better just to get an STi when it comes out and bolt-on the old buy-eyes for the best of both worlds